Dodgers 2022 thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 432, 433, 434  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Just a gut call, but I think Verlander comes back really strong. May have preferred the deal he got to what we may give Scherzer, assuming we keep him.

As for what Heaney got, on a 1-year deal, that's just a drop in the bucket for the Dodgers. If he isn't working out, that "sunk cost" isn't much of one for a team with our resources.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Seen this trade floated online: Lux, Gonsolin, and Bickford for Matt Olson, the slugging lefty first baseman of the A's. I don't know that the Dodgers would go for it, given that Olson has two years of team control remaining and that Lux by himself still has FIVE, somehow. Olson was hurt in 2020 which is why he looked terrible then, but he was legitimately one of the AL's best hitters last season and his lefty power would help to offset losing Seager, which I am still fully expecting. Perhaps we could get Olson for less than this suggested offer, as the A's are listening on most of their players making decent coin.

Oh, and I hope we don't continue hitting Betts 1st and Trea 3rd next season. Just put them 1-2 and forget about the righty-lefty thing. Put your two rabbits atop the order and let them go to work.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Giants bring DeSclafani and Wood back. Are said to be looking at Alex Cobb a well, who actually fared quite well with the Angels when he was healthy this season. Another power sinkerballer, so that fits into what they have with Webb and seems to match their pitching philosophy. They could see Cobb as a considerably cheaper alternative to Kevin Gausman, who may get a $100MM deal from someone.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:35 am    Post subject:

I feel like we are about to retain Seager. Yanks may no longer be in.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:36 am    Post subject:

Quote:
David Vassegh
@THEREAL_DV

#Dodgers have shown interest in Japanese OF, Seiya Suzuki who will be posted today. @USABaseball Manager, Mike Scioscia managed vs Suzuki in Olympics. He believes Seiya Suzuki will hit with power in MLB and has “Tremendous throwing arm from Right Field” #HotStove

Quote:
Per @Ken_Rosenthal, the #Dodgers are the favorites to sign Corey Seager & reportedly he has the biggest desire of any big name to sign before CBA expires. Champagne is sitting in ice.

Quote:
Michael J. Duarte
@michaeljduarte

According to @betonline_ag #Dodgers are in on a lot of MLB’s top free agents. They are the betting favorites to re-sign Corey Seager and Max Scherzer, but the #Rangers are the favorites to sign Clayton Kershaw.
(Chris Taylor’s odds were not listed)
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:54 pm    Post subject:

I don't want to see Kershaw pitching in anything but Dodger blue. I really hope that last rumor isn't true.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:20 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
I don't want to see Kershaw pitching in anything but Dodger blue. I really hope that last rumor isn't true.

why? sentimental attachment? just like the Lakers missed out on landing a star during Kobe's final years because we gave him that retirement gift contract that took up all of the cap space? Kersh's accomplishment as a Dodger is mix bag, people can point out the Astros cheated him out of the 2017 WS, sure, but what about those painful postseason losses against Cardinals, Mets, and Nationals which Kersh was our Ace of staff. don't confuse longevity with greatness. now i'm putting my flame suit on.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Cool!

Betts, rf
Seager, ss
Trea, 2b
Muncy, 1b
JT, 3b
Smith, c
Pollock/Lux, lf
Bellinger, cf

Buehler
Scherzer
Urias
Gonsolin
Heaney/Jackson/White

(Bauer?)
(May?)
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
There is speculation Seager could sign before the collective bargaining agreement (CBA) expires on Wednesday, Dec. 1 at 8:59 p.m. PT, as it would likely cause a lockout if a new deal is not in place.

The Dodgers are hopeful they can reach an agreement with Seager, but if they aren’t able to, they are likely to move forward with Trea Turner at shortstop rather than spending on another player, according to Jon Heyman of MLB Network:

“They love Corey Seager. It feels like it’s Corey Seager or bust. I don’t think they’re looking at Correa, Baez or other shortstops. At this point if they can get Seager, they would love to bring him back.”

Quote:
There is also one more important reason for the Dodgers to sign Seager and not another shortstop. Seager, Semien, Correa and Story all received, and declined, the qualifying offer.

This means, if Seager leaves, the Dodgers would only receive a compensation pick after the fourth round because they were over the luxury tax this past season.

But if the Dodgers sign Semien, Correa or Story, they would lose their second- and fifth-highest selections in the 2022 MLB Draft, as well as $1 million from their international bonus pool for the upcoming signing period. If they re-sign Seager, they would not gain or lose a pick.

The Dodgers could sign Baez without penalty because he was traded midseason which made him ineligible for the qualifying offer.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:08 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

why? sentimental attachment? just like the Lakers missed out on landing a star during Kobe's final years because we gave him that retirement gift contract that took up all of the cap space? Kersh's accomplishment as a Dodger is mix bag, people can point out the Astros cheated him out of the 2017 WS, sure, but what about those painful postseason losses against Cardinals, Mets, and Nationals which Kersh was our Ace of staff. don't confuse longevity with greatness. now i'm putting my flame suit on.

Yeah, sentimental attachment, and he's a great clubhouse leader and person. Before injury he was also having his best season since 2016.

Given that cap space isn't a thing in baseball, and we've gone into the luxury tax for much worse players, I just hope that doesn't become an excuse to not sign him.

Not really going to debate his postseason successes or lack thereof, but mid-level starters are getting 12-14m/year on the market right now, so we better pony up at least that much to try to keep him.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:37 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

Don’t do this man, please. We all have our reasons. I wouldn’t change a thing. Kershaw is forever my favorite Dodger of all time and always will be. I don’t need to justify my reasoning for it nor do I want to.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

Don’t do this man, please. We all have our reasons. I wouldn’t change a thing. Kershaw is forever my favorite Dodger of all time and always will be. I don’t need to justify my reasoning for it nor do I want to.

Absolutely. Ive had my fair share of Kershaw bashing but I am sincerely glad he is and will be forever known as a Dodger. Hall of fame athlete and great person to boot. Cant help but root for the guy. Hell opposing fans root for the guy when he isnt going against their team.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

Looks like you might be right about Seager. We kept telling you he was gone but looks like we’re the favorites to re-sign him.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:55 pm    Post subject:

Not really following free agency much. The fact that their offense failed to get it done in the biggest moments just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth...I'll still watch and enjoy games during the regular season, but regular season wins are pretty meaningless when you can't get it done in the clutch.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Dodger’s clutch hitting in postseason and Lakers’ ability to shoot three consistently. The two biggest missing pieces in LA sports.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:56 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Snipes wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

Looks like you might be right about Seager. We kept telling you he was gone but looks like we’re the favorites to re-sign him.

Maybe the wrinkle with the CBA expiring will work to our advantage regarding Seager, if he wants to sign before it expires. I still think it would be ridiculously counterproductive to play Seager and SS and Turner out of position at 2B again, though.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:17 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Snipes wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

Maybe the wrinkle with the CBA expiring will work to our advantage regarding Seager, if he wants to sign before it expires. I still think it would be ridiculously counterproductive to play Seager and SS and Turner out of position at 2B again, though.

I think it's going to be:

DH: JT
3B: Seager
SS: Turner
2B: Lux

If being over the luxury tax is going to prevent us from signing QO free agents, then I think we'd have to look into signing Seiya Suzuki and trading Pollock.

Quote:
Suzuki came in 20th on MLBTR’s list of Top 50 Free Agents and was predicted to get a contract of $55MM over five years.

The 27-year-old seems capable of stepping right into the middle of the lineup for an MLB team, along with providing a strong arm and competent right field defense.

Any big league team that signs Suzuki would owe the Carp a fee equal to 20% of the contract’s first $25MM, 17.5% of the next $25MM and 15% of any dollars thereafter.

For example, if Suzuki were signed for $55MM as MLBTR predicted, the signing team would have to pay the Carp $10.125MM, bringing the total bill to $65.125MM.

Since the reports that he was going to be posted, Suzuki has already been connected in rumors to the Red Sox, Rangers, Giants and Mariners.

5 yrs $65M is not bad.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Scherzer
Quote:

Top free agent starter Max Scherzer is expected to make his decision before the impending Dec. 1 lockout. Dodgers, Giants, Angels, Mets among teams in.

— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) November 28, 2021
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Infielder Marcus Semien and the Texas Rangers are in agreement on a seven-year contract, sources familiar with the deal told ESPN's Jeff Passan on Sunday.

Quote:
Jeff Passan
@JeffPassan

Marcus Semien's deal with the Texas Rangers is for seven years and $175 million, a source familiar with the agreement tells ESPN.

Quote:
In order to cash in on his big season, Semien brought on Scott Boras as his new agent. He's entering his age-31 season after turning 31 in September and reportedly went into free agency seeking a $200 million contract. The last position player that age (or older) to receive that much in free agency was Robinson Cano, who signed a 10-year, $240 million contract with the Mariners prior to the 2014 season.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Mets probably going to land Max with an absurd 40mill per yer deal over 3-4 years. I wouldn’t mind missing out on him..that’s way 2 much money.

Feels like Bauer pt2 with the Mets feeling like it’s done. Maybe we swoop in late.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Gausman - 5 yrs $110M with Toronto
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Max to the Mets? I just don’t see it. I thought he was an intense competitor and wanted to win. Unless the Dodgers just totally lowballed him, he’s chasing the bag and not more championships.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:28 pm    Post subject:

so apparently, Max is off to the Mets.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:28 pm    Post subject:

If Sherzer is chasing a ring then why is it a shoo in he signs with dodgers? Dodgers offense is at a crossroad, need to get rid of some dead weight and get some new blood in, while retain Seager and CT3. Not sure dodgers will be a WS favorite heading into next season.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Mets probably going to land Max with an absurd 40mill per yer deal over 3-4 years. I wouldn’t mind missing out on him..that’s way 2 much money.

Feels like Bauer pt2 with the Mets feeling like it’s done. Maybe we swoop in late.

40mil per will make 20mil per look like lowballing Max... Mets are just insane. They are trying to buy a championship, which is a mistake IMO

Last year, they overpaid for Lindor..they are about to overpay again.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 432, 433, 434  Next
Page 2 of 434
Jump to: