Reese's made a pie-size Peanut Butter Cup for Thanksgiving

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reese's made a pie-size Peanut Butter Cup for Thanksgiving

This sounds way too rich for me...

https://www.adweek.com/commerce/reeses-made-pie-size-peanut-butter-cup-thanksgiving/?from_amp

Quote:
Reese's Made a Pie-Size Peanut Butter Cup for Thanksgiving
You're looking at 3.4 pounds of chocolate and peanut butter
giant reese's peanut butter cup
It's really quite big.Reese's

Reese’s made a really big peanut butter cup for Thanksgiving: 9 inches in diameter, the pie-size product is 3.4 pounds of chocolate and peanut butter. Might have to lay off the cranberry sauce to make room for a slice.

According to Reese’s, which is owned by the Hershey Company, this is the largest peanut butter cup it’s ever made. Do you have any doubts? The giant object contains 48 individual servings—at 160 calories each.

Consumers with space available on their Thanksgiving Day table can order one of these intense peanut butter cups on Hershey’s website for $44.99 plus tax. But better hurry: The company is only making 3,000 of them.

As big as the peanut butter cup is, this Thanksgiving might be even bigger—at least in terms of consumer spending.

During the three-week period ending Oct. 31, shoppers spent more on traditional Thanksgiving goods such as turkeys, stuffing and pie filling than in past years, according to figures from market research firm IRI.

“More than ever before, consumers are planning ahead for Thanksgiving by shopping early for key items,” Krishnakumar Davey, president of client engagement at IRI, said in a statement.

Brands like to have fun
Silly brand stunts are fun, but they can also grab people’s attention.

In September, Jones Soda released a turkey and gravy-flavored beverage. KFC just debuted what it called a Finger Lickin’ Chicken Mitten Bucket Hugger. Lots of brands—from SunnyD to Vita Coco to Pizza Hut—are manufacturing their own lines of apparel, too.

Earlier this month, Reese’s began selling a jumbo product called Super King that contains six cups. At 12 inches in length, it is sizable, but still smaller than Reese’s pie-size peanut butter cup.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:44 pm    Post subject:

I have a million vices but thankfully sweets isn't one of them.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Damn sold out. I totally would have bought one. I don’t eat candy often anymore but Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups are a guilty pleasure I indulge in sometimes. That and See’s butterscotch squares are my only candy weaknesses.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Do they come two to a package?
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Never understood why people like Reese’s peanut butter cups. They’re disgusting.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:17 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
Damn sold out. I totally would have bought one. I don’t eat candy often anymore but Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups are a guilty pleasure I indulge in sometimes. That and See’s butterscotch squares are my only candy weaknesses.

I have a bag of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in my fridge. I use to say I'll only eat 2 or 3 and end up eating half a bag at a time. I'm weaning off. The last bag has been in the fridge for almost a month. It's only 3/4 gone. It's my only candy vice.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:52 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

That's a good thing although I don't crave sugar as much as I used to either.

Granted its harder this time of year.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:08 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

I never was too bad, but I removed almost all sugar and simple carbs from my diet....and it was the best thing I ever did. I do keep a small bag/package of Sugar Free mini Reese cups in the pantry that have "sugar alcohols" in them, and I use them every once in a while after a meal to get a taste out of my mouth. I know there is some debate about the sugar alcohols, but I eat a max of 1 or 2 a day which is less than a serving.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Saw a news report where one of those "pies" was going for $450 on ebay....and bids were still climbing. I do not get it....why not just buy a 10 pack of Reese Cups for $10ish?
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:46 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Saw a news report where one of those "pies" was going for $450 on ebay....and bids were still climbing. I do not get it....why not just buy a 10 pack of Reese Cups for $10ish?

There are recipes where you can actually make a copy cat one there are ones that are healthier versions out there(although I'm not sure how healthy it can be but I digress...)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: