OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:04 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/chicagobulls/status/1446649053983379461
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:50 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Is it me or is he finally shooting like a normal player now? He seems to have completely revamped his stroke....
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:06 am    Post subject:

Lonzo Ball 19/5/4 vs Pelicans

focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:05 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Is it me or is he finally shooting like a normal player now? He seems to have completely revamped his stroke....

Had the same reaction, but actually first had it last year after seeing some highlights only video.
But he even looks significantly smoother, more comfortable, and efficient that back then.
Night and day, and he actually looks like he has a comfortable shot, like a bonafide good shooter. Good work Lonzo!
Bulls have a fun looking team and AC is looking comfortable too. Of course they played some weak teams so far.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:25 pm    Post subject:

I really dont get the Pelican's thought process of not just resigning Lonzo. With BI and Zion they needed a guard like him who can set them up, play great D, and hit their open spot up shots.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:36 pm    Post subject:

methdxman wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Fultz appears on the cusp of turning it around, Lonzo could as well.

Are you a Lonzo Stan who is still trying to hold on to the last hope of being right about him.

He’s a bust. Period.

You were saying? 84 mil later, and apparently shooting even better this year. The Lakers wish they had a fast pace, shooting, defensive bust like him.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:04 pm    Post subject:

How good would Lonzo's 3 & D look as our SG? Funny thing is he's taller than our SFs. (No, I wouldn't undo the AD trade, just wishing we could magically add him)
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:07 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
How good would Lonzo's 3 & D look as our SG? Funny thing is he's taller than our SFs. (No, I wouldn't undo the AD trade, just wishing we could magically add him)

He'd be f'en amazing.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:38 pm    Post subject:

Nice article on Lonzo and Caruso:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports-saturday/2021/10/8/22717404/bulls-lonzo-ball-takes-just-another-game-approach-against-former-team
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:52 pm    Post subject:

These Bulls might be the funnest team to watch next season. Going to be passing, defense, dunking highlights left and right.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:11 am    Post subject:

Looking good so far. Of course it's just preseason so take it with a grain of salt. As with all the other seasons, the main issue for him will be staying healthy. If he does that, I can see multiple all-star appearances. Already a fan favorite.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:54 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Looking good so far. Of course it's just preseason so take it with a grain of salt. As with all the other seasons, the main issue for him will be staying healthy. If he does that, I can see multiple all-star appearances. Already a fan favorite.

I really doubt Lonzo will ever be an All-Star. He'd have to increase his scoring big-time, and he doesn't seem to have the ability to get his own shot enough to make that happen.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:24 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

I really doubt Lonzo will ever be an All-Star. He'd have to increase his scoring big-time, and he doesn't seem to have the ability to get his own shot enough to make that happen.

He will be ...you should have deleted this comment
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:52 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
slavavov wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

What makes you so confident of that? Unless Lonzo really ups his scoring big-time, the only way he would be an All-Star is by averaging like 10 assists a game.

His high-water mark so far is like 7 assists a game. Pretty good, but not great.

Lonzo's definitely a nice player, but I think some on this board overhype him for some reason.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo Ball Triple Double tonight 17/10/10 3 steals

Full Triple Double Highlights

Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:10 am    Post subject:

Lonzo's just a special player. Magic knew it. A lot of us knew it. Glad to see him being himself. Looks like he's enjoying basketball again.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:15 am    Post subject:

He's developing nicely. Shame we got rid of every asset we had.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo 13/4/1 4 blocks 3 steals

Lonzo blocks poster dunk

Whether Lonzo is giving you a triple double or not, he's giving you defense on the other end.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
He's developing nicely. Shame we got rid of every asset we had.

The AC/Zo pairing on defense is exactly what some of us imagined it'd be. Tons of blocks, deflections and steals from the perimeter positions. They give Chicago an extra 4-5 possessions every game. Bulls are so much fun to watch.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:36 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
slavavov wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

What makes you so confident of that? Unless Lonzo really ups his scoring big-time, the only way he would be an All-Star is by averaging like 10 assists a game.

His high-water mark so far is like 7 assists a game. Pretty good, but not great.

Lonzo's definitely a nice player, but I think some on this board overhype him for some reason.

Watch him play, you can see it with your own eyes
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:58 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
slavavov wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
slavavov wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Watch him play, you can see it with your own eyes

You're right, we can see with our own eyes that he's a good player, but not quite an All-Star level player.

He had 15 points and 5 assists tonight. In his previous game he had 13 points and just 1 assist.

I know he's also a good defender, but does all that scream All-Star bound to you?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:34 am    Post subject:

Lonzo's playing catch up to his little brother, LaMelo. LiAngelo is playing shooting guard for the Charlotte Hornets summer league squad. Haven't followed his progress.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:23 pm    Post subject:

27 pts, 7-10 3’s (including a full court 1 handed toss).

I marvel at all the impatient fans who hated him because of his dad, because he raps, he got injured, because he wasn’t a shoot first guy like Tatum, because Fox scored 39 against his team in college, because he missed ft’s and his shot looked funny, and because he was a young unfinished product. They did the same thing to Ingram, Randle, Zubac, and Kuzma. Guys left town and became men.

Now he’s physically stronger, and running a really good team. As he develops and AD continues to show he can’t lead a top team, count me as one person who wishes we never pulled the trigger on the trade that hamstrung the organization for many years (yes, I said it and I’m not ashamed). Davis should have waited and come during free agency and Lakers assets and future hopes would be so much greater. Also, the team wouldn’t be looking for Bazemore, Ellington, Ariza, DJ, and Melo to save the day.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:46 am    Post subject:

Always liked him, always will. I was excited to watch us in 17-18, didnt miss a single game even though we were bad and i couldnt stand Walton. Because of him. Also Ingram but mainly him. He has great vision, a quick mind and great passing, and he was always a elite defender. Now hes shooting great too. Id love to see him back, hes giving you all that while not being ball dominant, hes a perfect fit here (or anywhere really)

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:00 am    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:

I marvel at all the impatient fans who hated him because of his dad, because he raps, he got injured, because he wasn’t a shoot first guy like Tatum, because Fox scored 39 against his team in college, because he missed ft’s and his shot looked funny, and because he was a young unfinished product.

That's honestly an impressive summation of all the complaints people made. But yeah, Lonzo's such a wonderful team player, could be a great fit just about anywhere, certainly would be here. He looks so comfortable and confident now. Would've loved to have him instead of Westbrook, but honestly he's probably better off with the Bulls.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1687 of 1688
Jump to: