Kuz scores 11 straight in 1:33
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Kuz scores 11 straight in 1:33

Kblo247! wrote:
hype wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
I know I know.. already posted in his general thread .. just had to share
https://streamable.com/k46ln8

Kuzma wasn't consistent thats the problem. He would have big games then disappear for long stretches.

He is consistent in the playoffs.

He was def. consistently underwhelming in the Playoffs no doubt..

Always rooted for him as Laker and will continue to do so from afar but some people are over reacting about losing him to say the least especially at 13mil a season. Same with Caruso to a degree but at least with him I get it.

He has always had great stretches when he caught fire every year he was a Laker as well, is anyone supposed to be surprised by this? His problem was always consistency and then being mediocre at best every year in the Playoffs. He's a solid mid-level role player.. nothing more, nothing less...

To be fair to Kuzma

https://postimg.cc/t7cC87Vr

Fox Ariza Peace Kuzma

You forgot to include the last Post season when we needed him the most with a hobbled Bron and hobbled (missing the last few games) AD where he shot 29% overall and 17% from 3 while averaging 6ppg.

The 3 guys you mention before him all were vastly superior defenders as well even though Kuz did at least consistently try on that end I will give him that.

Saying all that I do genuinely like Kuz but he's extremely replaceable and I never felt any trust in him performing well in the Playoffs and seemed to only regress on the offensive end. If we kept him i'd be fine with it but in no way am I mad he's gone either.

I bet he'll have some huge 30 point games and maybe even a couple 40+ point games on nights he catches fire with zero pressure in Washington but it doesn't really change anything for me because i've seen this all before but at a certain point you realize a player is who he is.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Obsessed with Kuzma, when the ex-Laker doing real good is actually Trez

He’s avg 19/9 and with Wizards #1 in East, he’s front runner for 6th man and may even be voted All-star
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

He’s avg 19/9 and with Wizards #1 in East, he’s front runner for 6th man and may even be voted All-star

So happy for Trez!!
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

No kidding, we just didn’t have a point guard to unlock him last year
statyin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Kuz scores 11 straight in 1:33

hype wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
hype wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Kuzma wasn't consistent thats the problem. He would have big games then disappear for long stretches.

Always rooted for him as Laker and will continue to do so from afar but some people are over reacting about losing him to say the least especially at 13mil a season. Same with Caruso to a degree but at least with him I get it.

He has always had great stretches when he caught fire every year he was a Laker as well, is anyone supposed to be surprised by this? His problem was always consistency and then being mediocre at best every year in the Playoffs. He's a solid mid-level role player.. nothing more, nothing less...

To be fair to Kuzma

Fox Ariza Peace Kuzma

You forgot to include the last Post season when we needed him the most with a hobbled Bron and hobbled (missing the last few games) AD where he shot 29% overall and 17% from 3 while averaging 6ppg.

The 3 guys you mention before him all were vastly superior defenders as well even though Kuz did at least consistently try on that end I will give him that.

Saying all that I do genuinely like Kuz but he's extremely replaceable and I never felt any trust in him performing well in the Playoffs and seemed to only regress on the offensive end. If we kept him i'd be fine with it but in no way am I mad he's gone either.

I bet he'll have some huge 30 point games and maybe even a couple 40+ point games on nights he catches fire with zero pressure in Washington but it doesn't really change anything for me because i've seen this all before but at a certain point you realize a player is who he is.

Maybe you are right about Kuz. But there’s also the other side of things that a player’s potential get maximized under the right coaching and system. It is only fair to predict what kind of player Kuz is/ can be had we given him the chances he needed to flourish.

Asking him to put the team on his shoulder when LBJ and AD were out all of a sudden isn’t fair considering he wasn’t given consistent role offensively as well as playing time. He just need some consistent minutes and a clear defined role, which is exactly what he’s given in DC. I believe he is better than what most Lakers fans saw him to be.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Kuz scores 11 straight in 1:33

statyin wrote:
hype wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
hype wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

To be fair to Kuzma

Fox Ariza Peace Kuzma

Maybe you are right about Kuz. But there’s also the other side of things that a player’s potential get maximized under the right coaching and system. It is only fair to predict what kind of player Kuz is/ can be had we given him the chances he needed to flourish.

Asking him to put the team on his shoulder when LBJ and AD were out all of a sudden isn’t fair considering he wasn’t given consistent role offensively as well as playing time. He just need some consistent minutes and a clear defined role, which is exactly what he’s given in DC. I believe he is better than what most Lakers fans saw him to be.
Not only did he not have a clear defined role, other than stand in the corner and wait for Lebron to give it to you after dribbling the shot clock out, but when AD and Lebron were out, he still had Dennis hogging and not passing the ball to anyone not named Harrell.

I played for a coach who favored other players and who wouldn’t let me shoot (even though I could). You develop a mental block that’s difficult to overcome when the offense is designed for you to only shoot as a last resort. Now that Kuzma is given a green light, he’s smart enough to do what he can when he can, and he’ll be a much improved player as he continues to develop and mature.
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:40 am    Post subject:

I guarantee we will lose to Kuzma and the Wizards. We will go down by 20 or more in the 3rd quarter and lose by 16. You heard it here first
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:14 am    Post subject:

Trez and Kuz were so bad here and yet the Wizards are 10-3.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Kyle's 14 ppg and 9 reg says hi.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:52 am    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
Trez and Kuz were so bad here and yet the Wizards are 10-3.

Same with DS.
Leif
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:44 am    Post subject:

Kuz numbers are the same on the Wizards.

Trez is the one that has gotten better production playing on the Wizards. Playing for the Lakers cost him money
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:00 am    Post subject:

Leif wrote:
Kuz numbers are the same on the Wizards.

Trez is the one that has gotten better production playing on the Wizards. Playing for the Lakers cost him money

There isn't any big to go to on that roster other than Trez. In LA it was AD. So AD "ate" first, and Trez had to pick up when AD sat. In Washington he is getting full reign. Washington is what our 2nd unit should have been last year, had Dennis wanted to play ball and think team first. We could have put one star of Bron/AD on that 2nd unit and ran the rest of the guys with Kuz/Trez/Dennis/a wing like KCP.

Shame, because it shows last year's potential of the 2nd unit. People act like last year's team was great, it wasn't. Dennis came in with a selfish attitude, and guys like Trez were expecting touches like they got as the go to big in Clipper land/now in Washington. It shows you in terms of talent as well, Rob had the right idea. I wish Bron/AD were healthy last season, it could have changed a lot of what went down. While guys like Caruso, KCP, Kuz were all really good team guys and played hard last year. I can't say the same for Dennis/Trez. They both came in with expectations and attitude they deserved something. Neither ever fit around AD/Bron. I recall us running lineups around AD/Bron wit them in it, and wasn't pretty.

Trez has a lot of flaws on D (and even O as non-spacer) that don't show up until you match him up against good teams (playoffs).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:41 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Trez has a lot of flaws on D (and even O as non-spacer) that don't show up until you match him up against good teams (playoffs).

Yes, that was precisely the point, have Trez/DS play major minutes during the regular season allowing LBJ/AD to build up to the playoffs. Lots of posters here held high hopes that DS/Trez lineups would be able to dominate at least the opposition's second units.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:14 am    Post subject:

That was nice to see but not 1 minute 33 seconds. Also nowhere near as exciting as Tmac’s feat years ago.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: