DWIGHT HOWARD Officially Back Part III Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:37 am    Post subject:

Yeah, and I actually fault AD on that one. Dwight didn't come at him, he was talking to him. AD is emotional, everyone knows that.

You can't do that on national TV if you're AD. He lost control. As a pro, you can't do that to your teammates on TV. I'm a big AD fan, but that's just not acceptable.

This (bleep) happens, but it's weird it's happening so early in the season. It's not like we're 5-15. Or lost to crap teams. We lost to two really good teams, with 2 all-stars/1 MVP level player each, who have played together in same system/group of players for a while.

Feel something is going on BTS that's not being disclosed. Perhaps the players don't like the new system with Fizdale. I wonder what Fizdale's exact role is. In NY he was a complete and utter disaster.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:35 am    Post subject:

A lot of what he did may not show up on the stat sheet but Dwight was a difference maker in the 2nd and 4th quarters of the game last night.
He provided some much needed energy, rebounding and defense.

Defensively he had 2 blocks and one steal to go along with 2 rebounds in the 4th that set the tone for a Lakers rally.

Game STATS
1-1FG, 4-4FT, (6Pts), 8 RB, 2 Blk, 1 STL, 1 foul, +12.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:45 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
A lot of what he did may not show up on the stat sheet but Dwight was a difference maker in the 2nd and 4th quarters of the game last night.

Defensively he had 2 blocks and one steal to go along with 2 rebounds in the 4th that set the tone for a Lakers rally.

Game STATS

Absolutely Pio....they were down 12 when Dwight came in...his defense, rebounding and rim intimidation was huge...not to mention the way he moves his feet when they switch the PNR....also watch all the screens he sets so players have open looks....Bron lives off them....I wish he would play more but I guess he has that energy in 8-9 minute bursts and then needs to rest.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:00 am    Post subject:

yeah, i wonder why they don't play Dwight more. you're probably right. he wears himself out at his age and only knows one speed. PEDAL TO THE METAL!
and i think when he tires himself out, that's when he starts racking up fouls.

King Randle wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Game STATS

Absolutely Pio....they were down 12 when Dwight came in...his defense, rebounding and rim intimidation was huge...not to mention the way he moves his feet when they switch the PNR....also watch all the screens he sets so players have open looks....Bron lives off them....I wish he would play more but I guess he has that energy in 8-9 minute bursts and then needs to rest.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Dwight’s legs must be dead. I swear I saw two passes from WB that he should have had but he didn’t even jump as they lobbed over his head. Can he play back to backs?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:52 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Dwight’s legs must be dead. I swear I saw two passes from WB that he should have had but he didn’t even jump as they lobbed over his head. Can he play back to backs?

That is chemistry issue.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:03 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

That is chemistry issue.

10-27-2021

Lob #1

Lob #2

Lob #3
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:29 am    Post subject:

DWIGHT HOWARD THREE POINTER

https://twitter.com/LakerFiles/status/1454310134021115906
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:40 am    Post subject:

As long as that 3pt shot was his one and only of the year for entertainment purposes then it’s all good.

But if this leads to more jumpshots from Howard it will turn into a fiasco. The last thing this team needs is Howard thinking he needs to be more of a scorer or “extending his range”. Defense and lobs, say it with me.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:48 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:

He's moving his feet well on defense, doesn't get burn on switches, at least the last 2 games, quick hands too
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:50 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
As long as that 3pt shot was his one and only of the year for entertainment purposes then it’s all good.

But if this leads to more jumpshots from Howard it will turn into a fiasco. The last thing this team needs is Howard thinking he needs to be more of a scorer or “extending his range”. Defense and lobs, say it with me.

Where was this version of Dwight under D'Antoni? Can you imagine how good that team would have been if Dwight and Pau could shoot threes?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:58 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

Where was this version of Dwight under D'Antoni? Can you imagine how good that team would have been if Dwight and Pau could shoot threes?

Don’t encourage him. Howard was always “too confident” with his offensive abilities. It was his downfall. Incredible physical talent that struggled to understand his strengths and weaknesses, even at his peak.

This version of Howard needs to focus on defense, rebounding and shots within 3ft. Less antics and certainly no offensive aspirations.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:12 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

Don’t encourage him. Howard was always “too confident” with his offensive abilities. It was his downfall. Incredible physical talent that struggled to understand his strengths and weaknesses, even at his peak.

This version of Howard needs to focus on defense, rebounding and shots within 3ft. Less antics and certainly no offensive aspirations.

Dwight had no offense skills other than dunks, lobs, put-backs, and a baby hook but was able to average 22.9 PPG in 2010-2011 with high efficiency. Imagine if he had a post game and a jump shot. He could have been better than Shaq (which he already was by far on the defensive end). He'll be a first ballot HoFer but it was largely a wasted career. Dude should have been remembered on the same level as LeBron.

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:25 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

I'd like to see him MAKE two more this season. One at the buzzer when we blow OKC out next week and then in the last game when we win #18.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:33 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Dwight had no offense skills other than dunks, lobs, put-backs, and a baby hook but was able to average 22.9 PPG in 2010-2011 with high efficiency. Imagine if he had a post game and a jump shot. He could have been better than Shaq (which he already was by far on the defensive end). He'll be a first ballot HoFer but it was largely a wasted career. Dude should have been remembered on the same level as LeBron.

Better than Shaq. 😂
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:45 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Better than Shaq. 😂

I will give Howard his due. At his peak, in certain areas of his game, he surpassed Shaq. Howard is an athletic freak that could dominate at times.

But his wasted career is on him. He was and can still be a knucklehead. More focused on himself, his goals, his antics or celebrity over being a great player.

On this team, less is better. Keep him focused on his role for one final season. Anything more will just open the door for all the drama he is known for and has undermined his reputation his entire career.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:32 am    Post subject:

10 years later, he still can't catch a pass
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:14 pm    Post subject:

How is he not playing ahead of deandre?
coldzim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:47 pm    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:

Howard - Neck - OUT
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:09 pm    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:

DeAndre has done solid. He was a +3 in his minutes. I don't get all the anger towards our bigs. They all do pretty well. Each has an advantage and disadvantage. Even AD. AD is not a perfect option at 5, either. I like the talent we have at the 5, a lot.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:22 am    Post subject:

Highlights
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:39 am    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:

He's superior to DJ...But Vogel said he likes Dwight's energy off the bench and matching him up with the other teams 2nd string center.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:47 pm    Post subject:

AJ shouldn’t be getting more mins than Dwight.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:59 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1457223913226706954?s=21

Dwight has come a long way. Who would have ever thought he would be one of the guys willing to sacrifice. Proud of Dwight.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:00 am    Post subject:

I used to hate him, now he's become likeable. Definitely want to see him play more

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 8 of 17
Jump to: