DeAndre Jordan is Officially a Laker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:37 am    Post subject:

Highlights
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:34 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
DJ has played two solid games in a row after a rocky start. He is playing about as well as expected averaging 5.3 pts (85%FG), 5.3 rebs, +0.

Last night Jordan came off the bench and scored 8 points on 4-of-4 shooting, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks and 1 steal.

Totally agree with this....he's definitely not "completely washed" as some had suggested prior to signing. He doesn't move as quick as Dwight but he's a much better defender than last years Gasol and fits perfectly as a lob catcher.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:41 am    Post subject:

DJ is essentially Javale's replacement. the question is which one would you rather have? i think McGee is more athletic, but i'm gonna guess DJ is just a smarter dude?i mean, basketball wise anyway... Javale is fricken HILARIOUS with quick wit
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:25 am    Post subject:

AJ no D as your starting center isn’t going to have a lot of + impact on the floor.

He’s good for the first 6 mins of the 1st quarter to get 1-2 lobs. After that sit his ass down for the rest of the game.

Reason why we keep getting outscored in the 3rd is because he comes in with tired legs and can’t play a lick of D. At least Marc Gasol stands his ground against other bigs, while AJ lets smaller forwards push him around the basket.

Give Dwight more mins, AD more mins at the 5, hell LeBron at center looked even better than AJ.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
AJ no D as your starting center isn’t going to have a lot of + impact on the floor.

He’s good for the first 6 mins of the 1st quarter to get 1-2 lobs. After that sit his ass down for the rest of the game.

Reason why we keep getting outscored in the 3rd is because he comes in with tired legs and can’t play a lick of D. At least Marc Gasol stands his ground against other bigs, while AJ lets smaller forwards push him around the basket.

Give Dwight more mins, AD more mins at the 5, hell LeBron at center looked even better than AJ.

He is about the least intimidating center with zero game outside of 2 feet i've seen in awhile. Most of his blocks come from either jumping straight up or going to the side and avoiding contact even against small guards. He's not remotely essential to us winning any games so it's ok to pick up some fouls and make people think twice at times like they do with Dwight. I'm not the biggest fan of him even starting the first 6 but I get it and understand with AD and all that.

The third though like you said is pathetic and he def. looks even worse then the first and is a huge reason why we're bottom of the entire league for points scored in the 3rd. For every other quarter we're top 10.

He's clearly far from being our only problem but he's also one of the easiest problems to fix especially in the second half.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:18 pm    Post subject:

I know they serve pretty much similar purposes (a.k.a. the Javale role), but I'd rather have Damian Jones instead of DJ. At least being a younger guy he would put in more effort and be more active, especially on a vet team.

Oh well at least the Kings are making good use of him, warming up their bench and waving the towel. He played like what, 2 minutes total??
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Big Damien Jones fan here
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Same, i'll admit DJ is not quite as washed as I first thought but I would have much rather had Damien Jones as well. Westbrook and Bron would be getting him even more lobs and he would be able to actually somewhat run with them sometimes instead of ol' knee cracking DJ still 40 feet down court.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:41 pm    Post subject:

^^^

Yea at least with Dame Jones being less experienced, his habits can still be changed under Vogel's tutelage, unlike Jordan who is pretty much who he is
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:19 pm    Post subject:

I still hate Jordan on this team. He’s useless on defense unless he’s in drop coverage and the guard literally drives right into him instead of trying to make him move at all. If the guard makes him move more than like two feet, he’s out of the play.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:38 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/lalebron23/status/1457192827641794560?s=21

Clown (bleep).
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:50 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
https://twitter.com/lalebron23/status/1457192827641794560?s=21

Clown (bleep).

Nets played better when they benched him. Lakers said, hold my beer because we’re starting this guy!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:32 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
pio2u wrote:
DJ has played two solid games in a row after a rocky start. He is playing about as well as expected averaging 5.3 pts (85%FG), 5.3 rebs, +0.

Last night Jordan came off the bench and scored 8 points on 4-of-4 shooting, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks and 1 steal.

Totally agree with this....he's definitely not "completely washed" as some had suggested prior to signing. He doesn't move as quick as Dwight but he's a much better defender than last years Gasol and fits perfectly as a lob catcher.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/qoj9x0/daj_was_benched_by_the_nets_since_may_2021_and/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Lmao he’s trash. The Nets kicked him off their rotation over a year ago and yet he’s starting for a title contending team in the Lakers.

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Deandre stands and watches Portland get a rebound and then yells at teammates to rebound better

https://twitter.com/LALeBron23/status/1457192827641794560
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:12 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Deandre stands and watches Portland get a rebound and then yells at teammates to rebound better

https://twitter.com/LALeBron23/status/1457192827641794560

This guy is done and should retire
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:32 am    Post subject:

Why is he still playing? We're gonna give him the Andre Drummond treatment? Start every damn game despite playing like trash?
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:03 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
DJ is essentially Javale's replacement. the question is which one would you rather have? i think McGee is more athletic, but i'm gonna guess DJ is just a smarter dude?i mean, basketball wise anyway... Javale is fricken HILARIOUS with quick wit

The difference between McGee and DJ is McGee sometimes deviates on what he is good at and tries to show off his skill whereas DJ just doesn't have much of a skill left to show.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:33 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Why is he still playing? We're gonna give him the Andre Drummond treatment? Start every damn game despite playing like trash?

I feel you....either start AD at center or if AD doesn't want to start, then start Dwight. DJ should be an emergency guy...someone is in foul trouble or hurt...otherwise he shouldn't really be out there.
Flight#24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
danzag wrote:

I feel you....either start AD at center or if AD doesn't want to start, then start Dwight. DJ should be an emergency guy...someone is in foul trouble or hurt...otherwise he shouldn't really be out there.

He’s starting for the same reason Drummond was starting. Combination of stupid coach and management trying to recreate 2019 with 2 big starting lineup and Dwight off the bench to bring energy. The team is already bad as it is, Vogel makes it even worse by playing DJ
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Andre Drummond put up 14 points and 25 rebounds tonight for the 76ers.

Should the Lakers have tried harder to keep him as opposed to letting him walk and getting the likes of Deandre Jordan? Particularly with the absence of Gasol.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:58 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Should the Lakers have tried harder to keep him as opposed to letting him walk and getting the likes of Deandre Jordan? Particularly with the absence of Gasol.

I honestly think it could be a case of the coach not utilising our talent. So even if we have kept Drummond, our 'schemes' both offensive and defensive just limits or players' performance
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
MJST wrote:

I honestly think it could be a case of the coach not utilising our talent. So even if we have kept Drummond, our 'schemes' both offensive and defensive just limits or players' performance

That imo clear as day when you see how Vogel used and treated Gasol, Harrell and eventually Drummond last season.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Please just bench Jordan. I’m hoping Vogel’s quick hook in the second half was him finally seeing enough. Once teams figure out he can’t move, they just abuse us on defense and when they take away the straight lines to the basket for him, he gives no offense either.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:54 pm    Post subject:

He should just be insurance for Dwight not playing. If possible replace him with a younger C who can at least move
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:29 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Haralabos Voulgaris
@haralabob
·
2h
When DJ was on the floor tonight 9 of 22 total Hornets shots were layups or dunks for a pps of 1.78

Yikes.

Just an absolute abomination of a signing.

Quote:
Haralabos Voulgaris
@haralabob
·
2h
Hornets have had 16 rim attempts for 28 points with Dwight off the floor tonight

4 rim attempts for 4 points with him ON.

He's had a big impact on protecting the paint tonight and has been underrated in this regard for the last few years now.

Thank god for Dwight, but man have we got to get an actual center to take up the extra C minutes. DAJ should not be in the NBA. And if Rob can't see this, neither should he.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19
Jump to: