Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 288, 289, 290 ... 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:18 pm    Post subject:

I have read up on the pill that is being developed and from my understanding it is for the treatment of COVID. Does anyone here have this same understanding?

I am soon eligible for the booster but I feel I am in a damned if you do damned if you don't situation. I took the Pfizer shots but may have experienced cardiomyopathy side effects as my breathing became labored. I discussed with my cardiologist, I do have prior underlying heart conditions, and he confirmed the shots could have been the cause.

Very concerned of a reoccurrence if I take the booster but also of mind that if I get COVID odds are I will succumb to it. The JJ concerns me as I am already on anti clot meds. Thought of taking the Moderna booster but if it was developed based on the same medical science as Pfizer then I am not sure why I should switch. I was looking at the pill but now don't believe it is a booster alternative.

I will be talking with my cardiologist again but I really am conflicted.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:10 pm    Post subject:

I would trust my doctor's advice over almost anybody else's.

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:06 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Guidance for who can get a booster:

Quote:
CAN I GET A BOOSTER NOW?

If you got Pfizer or Moderna shots first, you’re eligible if your last dose was at least six months ago and you’re 65 or older, or are a younger adult who has health problems or a job or living conditions that put you at higher risk of severe illness or exposure to the coronavirus. Health care workers, for example, are included because they are regularly exposed to the virus and can’t come to work with even the mildest of infections.

WHAT IF I GOT THE J&J SHOT?

Anyone who got a J&J shot at least two months ago is eligible, regardless of age or other factors.

WHY ARE THERE DIFFERENT RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE DIFFERENT VACCINES?

A single shot of the J&J vaccine is less effective than two doses of the Moderna or Pfizer formulas, and health authorities decided it was important for the J&J recipients to achieve a similar level of protection. As for the timing, J&J simply tested more people with a two-month booster than one at six months. For recipients of Moderna or Pfizer vaccinations, there’s no clear data that everybody needs another dose, but immunity against infection in at least some people appeared to wane around six months.

WHAT IF I DON’T WANT TO WAIT SIX MONTHS?

Experts agree that getting a booster too soon can reduce the benefit. Timing matters because the immune system gradually builds layers of defenses over months, and letting that response mature improves the chances another, later dose will provide even stronger protection.

WHAT DOES ‘MIXING AND MATCHING’ BOOSTER DOSES MEAN?

It means a booster of a different brand from your original vaccination. That gives flexibility in situations such as nursing homes where only one type of booster might be brought in. It also gives people at risk of a rare side effect linked to one kind of vaccine the option of switching to a different shot.

SHOULD I SEEK OUT A DIFFERENT VACCINE?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Food and Drug Administration didn’t recommend that people switch but left open the option. Preliminary results of a government study found an extra dose of any vaccine triggered a boost of virus-fighting antibodies regardless of what shots people got to begin with. For people who originally got a J&J vaccination, the Moderna and Pfizer shots appeared to offer a stronger boost. But researchers cautioned the study was too small to say one combination is better than another.

link

Bumping for those who missed this.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:31 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
I would trust my doctor's advice over almost anybody else's.

Not me. I'm going by what Nicki Minaj's cousin's friend says.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Andrew Evenstar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:36 pm    Post subject:

fortunately, don't know anyone who has died of cv. i've also traveled internationally 3x in the last 1.5 years. was in china, hong kong and thailand in late 2019 / early 2020. Went to Bosnia and Mexico in the last year. never been sick, never seen anyone die from it across work, neighbors, friends or family. glad and thankful to be healthy!
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Kyrie loves the fact that MAGAs were protesting before nets game I bet. This is out.

" I decided to get the vaccine to avoid ..."
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:21 am    Post subject:

Messaging at its best:

This morning on NPR a health care official was talking about Vax for kids 5-11

the question posed was "should parents wait to get kids vaxed until more data comes out".

Health care guys response:

"In the trials, it is effective blah blah blah.....but if I put my parenting hat on, I probably wouldn't be at the front of the line, maybe near the middle as new data come forth".

That summarizes everything.
Ogrounder
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Andrew Evenstar wrote:
fortunately, don't know anyone who has died of cv. i've also traveled internationally 3x in the last 1.5 years. was in china, hong kong and thailand in late 2019 / early 2020. Went to Bosnia and Mexico in the last year. never been sick, never seen anyone die from it across work, neighbors, friends or family. glad and thankful to be healthy! Anyway, I strongly recommend to have a look at this review and get some health insurance.

I have some fellow docs who sent me vids from their hospitals with covid patients and I must say that these videos are quite depressing

Last edited by Ogrounder on Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Andrew Evenstar wrote:
fortunately, don't know anyone who has died of cv. i've also traveled internationally 3x in the last 1.5 years. was in china, hong kong and thailand in late 2019 / early 2020. Went to Bosnia and Mexico in the last year. never been sick, never seen anyone die from it across work, neighbors, friends or family. glad and thankful to be healthy!

I've had a handful of deaths in our circle, including a middle-aged relative just a couple weeks ago that could have been prevented.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Vaccine advisers to the FDA voted 17-0 Tuesday to recommend Pfizer's Covid-19 vaccine for children 5 to 11.

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1453095440765829126?t=q3aX3prTNA5Jz5mrrX_e8w&s=19
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:55 am    Post subject:

US death toll passes 750K mark.

(That alone should disqualify the former guy from ever being president again. Should also disqualify several governors who helped kill off their own populations.)
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:03 am    Post subject:

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti tests positive for COVID-19 while in Scotland

LINK

Quote:
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti, who is currently overseas in Scotland, tested positive for COVID-19 on Wednesday, city officials announced.

Garcetti, who is fully vaccinated, was said to be "feeling good" as he isolates in a hotel room, according to a tweet from the mayor's account.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:22 am    Post subject:

Got my 8 year old booked at Walgreens for her first Pfizer dose this Sunday!
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:42 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:

Terrific!
NMLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:40 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:

Me too! So excited. I know this won't end the Pandemic (and we will still mask indoors, etc.) but I will finally rest easy that everyone in my household is 99% protected. Just in time for the holidays!
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:03 pm    Post subject:

NMLaker wrote:
trmiv wrote:

Me too! So excited. I know this won't end the Pandemic (and we will still mask indoors, etc.) but I will finally rest easy that everyone in my household is 99% protected. Just in time for the holidays!

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:02 am    Post subject:

Where's the fairness, equitability? Kyrie was honest, Aaron lied. Kyrie Irving is being vilified for not getting vaccinated. Aaron Rodgers isn't even a blip on the radar. Why?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:15 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Where is the fairness, equitability? Kyrie was honest, Aaron lied. Kyrie Irving is being vilified for not getting vaccinated. Aaron Rodgers isn't even a blip on the radar. Why?

I'm seeing people chastise Rodgers on Twitter. And think I saw a link to a Los Angeles Times opinion piece criticizing him. I don't know how to compare the two yet.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Where is the fairness, equitability? Kyrie was honest, Aaron lied. Kyrie Irving is being vilified for not getting vaccinated. Aaron Rodgers isn't even a blip on the radar. Why?

I'm seeing people chastise Rodgers on Twitter. And think I saw a link to a Los Angeles Times opinion piece criticizing him. I don't know how to compare the two yet.

Besides being a liar, he's a scumbag too. Check out this tweet from before the season:

Quote:
Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein
QB Aaron Rodgers said he has been vaccinated. "It's a personal decision. It's an interesting issue." He said he wasn't going to criticize teammates who weren't vaccinated.
11:48 AM · Aug 26, 2021·TweetDeck

https://twitter.com/TomSilverstein/status/1430950260617195522?s=20

How magnanimous of him to not criticize his "unvaccinated" teammates.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:08 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Besides being a liar, he's a scumbag too. Check out this tweet from before the season:

Quote:
Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein
QB Aaron Rodgers said he has been vaccinated. "It's a personal decision. It's an interesting issue." He said he wasn't going to criticize teammates who weren't vaccinated.
11:48 AM · Aug 26, 2021·TweetDeck

https://twitter.com/TomSilverstein/status/1430950260617195522?s=20

How magnanimous of him to not criticize his "unvaccinated" teammates.

Kyrie was also more vocal and welcomed being a martyr
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:11 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Where's the fairness, equitability? Kyrie was honest, Aaron lied. Kyrie Irving is being vilified for not getting vaccinated. Aaron Rodgers isn't even a blip on the radar. Why?

Rodgers is getting buried man. Rightfully so. He's all the sports radio pundits are talking about.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:40 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

?

He's getting slammed all over the place, including on CNN by Cuomo and Lemon.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:42 pm    Post subject:

NMLaker wrote:
trmiv wrote:

That's great. It's nice that people can finally get a degree of peace of mind after all this uncertainty.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:08 am    Post subject:

Science is kicking COVID's ass rn. F U coronavirus!
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:33 am    Post subject:

Ivermectin?! Anyone? Anyone?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 288, 289, 290 ... 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 289 of 318
Jump to: