Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 108, 109, 110  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:25 am    Post subject:

Invasion on apple+ is one of those that I can’t tell if I like or not.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:15 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Season 3 of Succession also begins tonight.

Really struggling to get into this one.

I have began to wait until there are about 3 episodes in a new season to begin watching. I have found that binging a few episodes to start a season really helps me to get interested. I think it is Amazon...or maybe Hulu releases their originals this way....with 3 on the first day, and that is what gave me the idea.

I'll give it another shot using this method, but probably after S3 concludes. Every single film dork on Twitter loves Succession, so every season I've been bombarded with references to Shiv and Roy when I'm just trawling for free downloads of old Hong Kong action movies.

It's pretty good, but only because most TV today is very bad. The most recent golden age of television is well, well into the rear view mirror at this point.

That's my sense, too.

I'm told the actress who plays Shiv has an amazing can, so maybe I'll watch for that.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:54 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I have began to wait until there are about 3 episodes in a new season to begin watching. I have found that binging a few episodes to start a season really helps me to get interested. I think it is Amazon...or maybe Hulu releases their originals this way....with 3 on the first day, and that is what gave me the idea.

I'll give it another shot using this method, but probably after S3 concludes. Every single film dork on Twitter loves Succession, so every season I've been bombarded with references to Shiv and Roy when I'm just trawling for free downloads of old Hong Kong action movies.

It's pretty good, but only because most TV today is very bad. The most recent golden age of television is well, well into the rear view mirror at this point.

That's my sense, too.

I'm told the actress who plays Shiv has an amazing can, so maybe I'll watch for that.

She's a thicc snacc, total pawg. I'd call her a snickers bar but maybe 100 grand is more thematically appropriate
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:42 pm    Post subject:

Has anybody tried out Swagger on AppleTV+? Kevin Durant has something to do with it. The description sounded a bit cheesy. A young basketball player trying to find his “swagger”. I enjoy most of the basketball shows that come out, but I’d love to hear a rating of this one first.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:24 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:

That's my sense, too.

She's a thicc snacc, total pawg. I'd call her a snickers bar but maybe 100 grand is more thematically appropriate

Just saw these comments lol, y'all funny but she is thiccer than a bowl of oatmeal. I kinda like and don't like how they flip or develop the character Kendall from indecisive kitty cat to a hard hitting slugger but it's only 2 episodes
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:18 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Has anybody tried out Swagger on AppleTV+? Kevin Durant has something to do with it. The description sounded a bit cheesy. A young basketball player trying to find his “swagger”. I enjoy most of the basketball shows that come out, but I’d love to hear a rating of this one first.

I think it is "inspired" by Durant's experience while playing AAU. I have not watched, but saw a few anecdotal mediocre/poor reviews.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:

The first season was very very sharp and funny satire. Then they went for more real drama in season two. This year they are trying to have both and not quite getting enough of either.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Then you haven't been watching the right things.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:05 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Maybe. I think the floor for TV is higher than it has ever been, but the ceiling - the best shows - pale in comparison to what was on just 10 years ago.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:14 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Yep, though I think the volume of shows might be diluting just a bit, there's burnout, and our expectations have increased greatly.

Regardless, I made a list of my top fifteen shows of all time and only one (The Gilmore Girls, yeah my daughter already took away my guy-card) is not from this golden age)

Just think, Peaky Blinders, Killing Eve, Better Call Saul and more that are other's favorites, are still running. Before, say The Wire or The Sopranos, somewhere around the beginning point of this era, there was rarely, if ever, one great show, let alone three, in a year.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:00 pm    Post subject:

the last season of goliath is tough. Liked the previous but I feel like Billy Bob wanted his own Fear and Loathing, which was good but this isn't that.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Someone recently highly recommended a Hulu Original series, Dopesick. Plan on checking it out at some point...maybe over the holiday season. Anyone watched?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9174558/
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:22 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Maybe. I think the floor for TV is higher than it has ever been, but the ceiling - the best shows - pale in comparison to what was on just 10 years ago.

10 years ago we have GOT, Homeland Brody seasons, Early House of Cards, The Newsroom and Breaking Bad simultaneously... But I have high hope for the Witchers, The Kingdom series (hope they make more) and the upcoming wheels of time
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:08 am    Post subject:

Netflix has released Season 3 of Narcos: Mexico
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:45 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

highly recommended for those that have not seen.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:49 pm    Post subject:

The Maria subplot on Curbed is too broad for that show's tone right now. Waiting to see how they land that Spruce Goose of a plotline. Ted Damson tackling an insane teenager was gold, though.

Overall Curbed is still funnier than most shows out there, but so far there's been diminishing returns after the premier and it feels more like Season 12 Simpsons than classic Simpsons.

Vince Vaughn really fits into the Curbed world. Good casting there.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:04 am    Post subject:

Yellowstone season 4 has begun. I’ll be buying the season pass in AppleTV to skip the commercials. Can’t wait!
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:04 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Yellowstone season 4 has begun. I’ll be buying the season pass in AppleTV to skip the commercials. Can’t wait!

My favorite show on television.....I enjoyed the first two episodes this season, but there were elements that caused me to fear they may try to hard this season. Hope I am wrong.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:50 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
adkindo wrote:

just finished season 1, this is as good as the Escobar one
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:44 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Halflife wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Season 2 and 3 are great also.

If it was not for someone always trying to take you out and the US constantly trying to put you behind bars.....being a drug kingpin would be a nice life.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:00 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

My favorite show on television.....I enjoyed the first two episodes this season, but there were elements that caused me to fear they may try to hard this season. Hope I am wrong.

I had no desire to watch it but someone who's opinion I trust was adamant that I give Yellowstone a shot. Now I want to buy a ranch in Montana lol. Really great show.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Aaron Sorkin is a hack:

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:34 am    Post subject:

Apple's Foundation is a perplexing show.

Guess I should've expected that when a show is based on a book series written by a genius biochemistry professor. A book series modern sci-fi has used as a basis for decades. A book series that even beat Tolkien's Lord of the Rings head to head back in the day for a Hugo Award.

I've never read the books. And people who have, said the series strays from the original content. But the ending of episode 9 left me on the edge of my seat.

We'll see if a show that demands so much world building. So much heavy lifting of plot via dialogue. So large a timeframe (centuries). Will survive to tell the whole story.

In the meantime this is the show I have a keen eye on:

Mayor of Kingstown

I think it'll become my new #1 when it debuts tomorrow November 14th.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:31 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
governator wrote:
Halflife wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Season 2 and 3 are great also.

If it was not for someone always trying to take you out and the US constantly trying to put you behind bars.....being a drug kingpin would be a nice life.

for real ,season 2 is just as good, I like how they bring in fresh new characters from US, can't stand Felix's character tho lol, piss me off the story get him beating the US each time. Looking forward to season 3 (my guess is it's El Chapo's story turn) chapito!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Anyone watching The Mayor Of Kingstown? The first 2 episodes are interesting.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 71 of 110
Jump to: