Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:15 am    Post subject:

Horrible effort
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:50 am    Post subject:

I can't believe I just re-watched the game... They completely got away from what they were doing in the first half. Moving the ball and giving the ball to AD on that wing post... Westbrook was settling with a lot of jumpers, the times he had the lane he decide to force the ball inside to our bigs. Most of his turnovers were just him over thinking. He had a couple of WTF passes that was idiotic. AD also settled a lot outside with Bazley and Robi on him. AD refused to help on the defensive end. I saw him a lot just hanging out in the perimeter and in no mans land. While Favors is outside the 3. This team needs a back up 4. Melo won't cut it and we look small out there at times without Lebron.
statyin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:31 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
statyin wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
If it helps with our LG community anger towards our Lakers...

The Nets, Bucks, Suns, and the Clippers all lost today 🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Nets to Heat not really an upset 😎

Suns lost to Kings 💀💀💀

Bucks lost to the Twolves 😂😂😂

Clippers got Beatdown by the Cavs 🤣🤣🤣

No, it really doesn’t help.

Lakers embarrassed themselves tonight. So far, this years experiment does not look all that great. No sustained defense effort and an inefficient offense does not bode well.

I agree it doesn’t look great at all atm.
I still would like to give this team at least 20 games to make an official assessment of our chances going forward.

Tbh all across the NBA there’s really no team you look at and say their gonna be lifting the Larry O’brien Trophy guaranteed come June.

I’m not calling it a season after 5 games. Just frustrated with such a crappy collapse. I’m in it for the long haul. I’ll see every game as I have for years now. If this is the norm I may not survive. Lol

I expected them to struggle with this roster. Too many career average defenders or finesse types. Not enough “effort” or junkyard dogs types to balance it out.
Honestly, too many knucklehead types for my taste. But others seem to disagree.

They have to find a way to play sustained effort defense, not just every once in a while when they want to. They can play very good defense for short spans. Just not an entire game. Giving up 115 a night is not going to work.

Agree. We need to have a larger sample size to assess if our defense can get any better. Plus, we still don't have THT and Ariza yet. I am optimistic our defense will get better, although not going to be as great as previous years, bottom line not going to be abysmal.

Having said that, I have not seen anything new from our offense for 3 years. Vogel has no clue how to run offensive sets and utilize our players. This the one thing I am pretty sure not going to get any better through the season.

I have been saying this since last year, Vogel has to figure that out, or else, the FO should seriously consider letting him go.

It’s called the “ Lebron James “ offense. Been around for awhile.

Actually have to pay extra for it. Not going to change.

Expecting Vogel to run sets and utilize the players differently is not realistic.

I don’t mind running LBJ offense when LBJ is on the court. But expecting our team to mimick what LBJ can do on the court is even less realistic. We got to figure out how to play when different player is on the court.
youcantguardme
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:43 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
I can't believe I just re-watched the game... They completely got away from what they were doing in the first half. Moving the ball and giving the ball to AD on that wing post... Westbrook was settling with a lot of jumpers, the times he had the lane he decide to force the ball inside to our bigs. Most of his turnovers were just him over thinking. He had a couple of WTF passes that was idiotic. AD also settled a lot outside with Bazley and Robi on him. AD refused to help on the defensive end. I saw him a lot just hanging out in the perimeter and in no mans land. While Favors is outside the 3. This team needs a back up 4. Melo won't cut it and we look small out there at times without Lebron.

Good analysis. There are many to blame, but AD's attitude and effort on the court seems like a problem to me. Not just in this game. He played hard against the Spurs, but in all of our losses, he just doesn't look like a guy that wants to win. He is being dominated by players that have nowhere near his ability and talent.

Russ may have had 10 turnovers and made some mistakes, but it never seemed like he was playing half ass. Melo looks old when his shot isn't falling but he never looks like he doesn't give a crap if the team wins. So for me, the jury is still out on AD, but I am really starting to worry that he is going to be a problem.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:17 pm    Post subject:

NEXT GAME:
      Los Angeles Lakers vs Cleveland Cavaliers
      Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA | Friday, Oct. 29, 2021 • 7:30 PM PT
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:57 am    Post subject:

Finally can check LG, had to decompress after OKC, brush it off, move on but man, this season is eating me up
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25
Page 25 of 25
Jump to: