The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1604, 1605, 1606 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:16 pm    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:
If this team flames out the LeBron James era will be a colossal failure.

One championship during a pandemic that no one outside of Los Angeles honestly respects, would ring kinda hollow.

We didnt even get a parade or entire offseason to soak it in.

This may come off as ungrateful but Im just stating what will be stated by the masses when his run is over here.

Expectations are high in Los Angeles and one title with an * would be underwhelming.

More fair weather fans at home games root against us these days then ever before.

Set your expectations low so as to not be disappointed.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
For all the pissing and moaning I'm surprised NO ONE is talking about the play where LeBron literally REFUSED to cross the half court while his team played 4 on 5.

This is the kind of passive-aggressive behavior I loath from LeBron which shows bad leadership. He has a tendency to check out mentally when things aren't going his way.

https://streamable.com/tvmfeg

Meh. Game was over at that point. And it was 4 on 4…I believe the player Lebron contested didn’t get back on D anyway. At least him being there prevented any possible cherry picking.

It looked bad on the surface but at his age on mileage…I don’t care about him not wanting to waste his legs in a vain attempt to show “leadership” in a futile situation.

IMO the moment when a game looks out of reach…Lebron should be pulled. Can’t afford any more wear and tear during the final stages of his career in a non playoff setting. That’s why we brought in Westbrook, to relieve soon-to-be 37 yr old Lebron of constant tone-setting effort in the regular season.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:54 pm    Post subject:

I'm actually wondering if the team is currently facing an issue of unclear hierarchy. Who is supposed to be our franchise/best player, first option, second option, leader, etc...?

We don't have a clear cut offensive option (Lebron?), and there's this on-going theme about letting AD have the keys to the franchise but he isn't playing up to par while Lebron is still the better player at age 37. And you have Lebron who is more pass first, and AD who is not an alpha. And now you add Russ who is clearly an alpha but is also not the best player on this team, and he has his offensive shortcomings.

I get that a team can have multiple leaders, but who's the over-arching voice? I'm guessing Lebron. But then he's always harping on letting AD be the leader etc... Problem is he is more passive than both Bron and Russ.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Batguano wrote:
For all the pissing and moaning I'm surprised NO ONE is talking about the play where LeBron literally REFUSED to cross the half court while his team played 4 on 5.

This is the kind of passive-aggressive behavior I loath from LeBron which shows bad leadership. He has a tendency to check out mentally when things aren't going his way.

https://streamable.com/tvmfeg

I have no problem with him resting on offense. If it was the opposite and he didn't come down on defense, that is a completely different story.

Kareem used to rest on offense too.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:07 am    Post subject:

as much flak as Pelinka/Buss gets for this offseason's flubs (going for Westbrook when Hield was already a done deal, signing THT over Caruso, Melo over a defending stretch 4)...
its clear that LeGM with his Klutch connections had a hand in pushing for these moves which makes me really question his supposed high basketball iq.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:37 am    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
I'm actually wondering if the team is currently facing an issue of unclear hierarchy. Who is supposed to be our franchise/best player, first option, second option, leader, etc...?

We don't have a clear cut offensive option (Lebron?), and there's this on-going theme about letting AD have the keys to the franchise but he isn't playing up to par while Lebron is still the better player at age 37. And you have Lebron who is more pass first, and AD who is not an alpha. And now you add Russ who is clearly an alpha but is also not the best player on this team, and he has his offensive shortcomings.

I get that a team can have multiple leaders, but who's the over-arching voice? I'm guessing Lebron. But then he's always harping on letting AD be the leader etc... Problem is he is more passive than both Bron and Russ.

AD is not ready, and Lebron is just about to fall off the cliff... Russ is the best answer, I guess.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:59 am    Post subject:

TPS wrote:

Caruso without LeBron: 2-0
    LeBron without Caruso: 0-2
Oct 23, 2021ReplyRetweetFavorite

Caruso carried Lebron
Leif
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:59 am    Post subject:

LeBron is shooting 48% from three. Wow.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:04 am    Post subject:

Other players need to step up, Bron playing too much minutes
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:20 am    Post subject:

Quote:
McMenamin: Grizzlies forward Desmond Bane collided with James' right leg in the first half, causing James to tumble to the floor. The Lakers star remained there for several minutes as L.A. called timeout so the team's medical staff could check on him.

For James, it was a scare involving the same leg that suffered a high right ankle sprain last season when the Atlanta Hawks' Solomon Hill crashed into his lower body while lunging for a steal. That injury caused him to miss 26 games and didn't fully heal until months into the offseason.

"The first thing I was thinking to myself was, 'Not again,'" James said afterward. "Because obviously it was almost similar but not the same kind of play. Guy falls into my leg and there's nothing you can do about it and I couldn't get my leg out of there in time."

This time around, James not only stayed in the game, but ended up logging a game-high 40 minutes, finishing with 19 points, six rebounds, six assists, two steals and two blocks in the win.

The collision occurred when Dwight Howard tried to block Bane's finger-roll attempt with 6:27 remaining in the second quarter. The shot went through the net and then Bane fell to the floor after bumping bodies with the Lakers center. James, with his eyes fixed on the rim as he tried to establish rebounding position, never saw Bane hurtling toward his leg.

"Just wanted to take a moment on the floor, just hopefully it wasn't getting worse," James said about the moments after the contact. "Had an opportunity just to tie my shoe again and see if I'm able to go, I was able to continue to go."

The 19-year veteran said his leg felt "sore" after the game but he planned to receive "around the clock" treatment heading into Tuesday's road game against the San Antonio Spurs, which he plans to play in.

"Hopefully I'm ready to go," James said.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32470426/lakers-lebron-james-says-right-leg-sore-injury-scare-hopes-play-tuesday-clock-treatment

….to the bench as a healthy DNP scratch. Bruh, you are too important for this regular season (bleep). Russ primarily came in as the LeBench whisperer. Win or lose, let Brodie do his job.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:23 am    Post subject:

Too many mins, Vogel riding Lebron into the ground to save his job.

We brought in Russ to lighten the load and Lebron is playing 40 mins in the 3rd game of the season? Eeesh.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:54 pm    Post subject:

After 3 games, 14 made 3s vs 14 total paint points…New “regular season” Bron???

-avg shot distance 18.3ft, which would be longest of his career
-has made 4 3pointers in 3 straight games for the 1st time in career
-14 paint points total marks 3rd fewest over 3 game span in career
(Per Kirk Goldsberry)

So far this type of load management hasn’t been for the win (1-2), but it’s what we can expect for the regular season and frankly, I approve as long as Vogs also cuts down his minutes.

https://i.redd.it/1iqc3yq5cnv71.jpg
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:47 pm    Post subject:

I've been very impressed with his shooting. He looks comfortable, release looks effortless and he's getting good arc on his shot. Very impressive adjustment to his game if he keeps shooting this well.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Moments like yesterday when LeBron hurt his ankle is the reason why the Lakers need to take note from the Clippers playbook and install load management, seeding does not matter for a heavy experienced basketball team, even if we end up with the 5th or 6th seed, the players health on our team will determine rather we win the championship.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Moments like yesterday when LeBron hurt his ankle is the reason why the Lakers need to take note from the Clippers playbook and install load management, seeding does not matter for a heavy experienced basketball team, even if we end up with the 5th or 6th seed, the players health on our team will determine rather we win the championship.

That type of injury has nothing to do with load management. Those are just one of those unfortunate stuff that happens when a player rolls under you after being knocked down.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:23 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Quote:
McMenamin: Grizzlies forward Desmond Bane collided with James' right leg in the first half, causing James to tumble to the floor. The Lakers star remained there for several minutes as L.A. called timeout so the team's medical staff could check on him.

For James, it was a scare involving the same leg that suffered a high right ankle sprain last season when the Atlanta Hawks' Solomon Hill crashed into his lower body while lunging for a steal. That injury caused him to miss 26 games and didn't fully heal until months into the offseason.

"The first thing I was thinking to myself was, 'Not again,'" James said afterward. "Because obviously it was almost similar but not the same kind of play. Guy falls into my leg and there's nothing you can do about it and I couldn't get my leg out of there in time."

This time around, James not only stayed in the game, but ended up logging a game-high 40 minutes, finishing with 19 points, six rebounds, six assists, two steals and two blocks in the win.

The collision occurred when Dwight Howard tried to block Bane's finger-roll attempt with 6:27 remaining in the second quarter. The shot went through the net and then Bane fell to the floor after bumping bodies with the Lakers center. James, with his eyes fixed on the rim as he tried to establish rebounding position, never saw Bane hurtling toward his leg.

"Just wanted to take a moment on the floor, just hopefully it wasn't getting worse," James said about the moments after the contact. "Had an opportunity just to tie my shoe again and see if I'm able to go, I was able to continue to go."

The 19-year veteran said his leg felt "sore" after the game but he planned to receive "around the clock" treatment heading into Tuesday's road game against the San Antonio Spurs, which he plans to play in.

"Hopefully I'm ready to go," James said.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32470426/lakers-lebron-james-says-right-leg-sore-injury-scare-hopes-play-tuesday-clock-treatment

….to the bench as a healthy DNP scratch. Bruh, you are too important for this regular season (bleep). Russ primarily came in as the LeBench whisperer. Win or lose, let Brodie do his job.

If LeBron's leg and ankle feel fine he has to play. He skipped most of our preseason games already, which was bad enough. We need him out there so that this team can build chemistry.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:23 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

That type of injury has nothing to do with load management. Those are just one of those unfortunate stuff that happens when a player rolls under you after being knocked down.

Load management prevents those type of situations.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

How? He can't control what other players does... They don't know which game it's going to happen.

Kawhi, Kyrie, Harden all took major load management and all still got hurt.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:56 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

How? He can't control what other players does... They don't know which game it's going to happen.

Because the last mileage you put on something the less of a chance something bad will happen.

Just like there is 0% chance I get into a car accident today. Because I didn't drive. I could have been the safest driver ever and still got into a car accident If I left the house.

Less mileage equals less chance of it happening period.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:58 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
TPS wrote:

Caruso without LeBron: 2-0
    LeBron without Caruso: 0-2
Oct 23, 2021ReplyRetweetFavorite

Caruso carried Lebron

Ouch!
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Because the last mileage you put on something the less of a chance something bad will happen.

Just like there is 0% chance I get into a car accident today. Because I didn't drive. I could have been the safest driver ever and still got into a car accident If I left the house.

And if we don't play them at all they'll be perfectly healthy come June because we won't have made the playoffs and we'll be safe all throughout May.

Unfortunate that we have this sharp of a tradeoff.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:33 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

And if we don't play them at all they'll be perfectly healthy come June because we won't have made the playoffs and we'll be safe all throughout May.

Unfortunate that we have this sharp of a tradeoff.

True but the argument isn't should we load 100% of the time or 0% of the time. It's should we load manage occasionally or never. The correct answer is occasionally
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Completely agree with this…however there is still one possible inaccuracy to your analogy. Chilling on your front lawn ain’t necessarily leaving your house, right?

https://tenor.com/Mza0.gif
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:10 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Completely agree with this…however there is still one possible inaccuracy to your analogy. Chilling on your front lawn ain’t necessarily leaving your house, right?

https://tenor.com/Mza0.gif

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:42 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:

True but the argument isn't should we load 100% of the time or 0% of the time. It's should we load manage occasionally or never. The correct answer is occasionally

So 3 games into the season is occasionally? There is also the issue that he needs to get into playing shape by....playing.

Sure, 30-40 games into the season on the 2nd night of a back-to-back on the road against a lousy, but scrappy team, yes, have him rest. That is when you start load managing. 3 games into the season at home and you want to rest him because he might get hurt?

The thing Lebron needs to be doing is less standing around in the crowded paint where people seem to continually fall onto his legs. He has proven he can rebound. Now leave that to Russ and AD. The management is putting Lebron in safer positions on the court. Standing lock kneed in the paint with a history of ankle injuries due to collisions is what we need to avoid more than minutes.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1604, 1605, 1606 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1605 of 2079
Jump to: