Kendell Jenner plus social media influencers at the game last night (Suns@Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:43 pm    Post subject:

I think this team has bigger problems than who Jenner is cheering for.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:50 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
I think this team has bigger problems than who Jenner is cheering for.

I think we can all universally agree on that.

Just airing outlier grievances.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:11 pm    Post subject:

I love me some kendalls
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Out of all the problems the Lakers have this is def. one I didn't expect to see a thread on .. Couldn't care less about this, if you have to wonder if you can afford "floor tickets" then you haven't been able to afford them since Staples opened and no recent trends has made it any worse or better for "real fans". The Lakers have been mocked about this for literally decades, nothing remotely new tbh.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Laker tix have been expensive for decades doubt a bunch of "influencers" will change that.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:41 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Out of all the problems the Lakers have this is def. one I didn't expect to see a thread on .. Couldn't care less about this, if you have to wonder if you can afford "floor tickets" then you haven't been able to afford them since Staples opened and no recent trends has made it any worse or better for "real fans". The Lakers have been mocked about this for literally decades, nothing remotely new tbh.

You missed the point.

I made the (accurate) claim that it's gotten worse with the advent of influencers showing up to these games.

Or agents and their entire goon squad.

Managers + their groupies.

Add in the social media clout from photo ops, and you've got your new age of courtside and 100 level seated Laker groupies.

I'd rather NOT purchase court side seats with company like that.

Also, Los Angeles is NOT a cheap place to live in. So I resent your comment about "affording" anything. I've survived here for nearly 40 years, I'm fine.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:58 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:

I am very well aware of that.

But it’s gotten much more cringey.

It’s one thing for Hollywood celebs like Denzel or Adam Sandler to show up and root for LA.

It’s a completely different situation when influencers, key word, social media influencers, who use these games as a means to boost their social media clout, enter the picture.

It is what it is.

I couldn’t imagine it getting worse then previous years, but here we are where fans are justifying these hacks rooting against us (or not at all) at home games. Oh well.

The world in general is more cringe and celebrity culture specifically is the cringiest. Welcome to 2021 problems. This is the downward part of the spiral; don’t worry, by 2030 Staples Center celebs will be straight out of Idiocracy. The classy celeb days aren’t coming back.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:20 pm    Post subject:

to a gulag with the entire jenner kardashian litter

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:50 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
hype wrote:

You missed the point.

I made the (accurate) claim that it's gotten worse with the advent of influencers showing up to these games.

Or agents and their entire goon squad.

Managers + their groupies.

Add in the social media clout from photo ops, and you've got your new age of courtside and 100 level seated Laker groupies.

I'd rather NOT purchase court side seats with company like that.

Also, Los Angeles is NOT a cheap place to live in. So I resent your comment about "affording" anything. I've survived here for nearly 40 years, I'm fine.

I know all about the cost of Los Angeles as well but we both know I clearly meant and stated "floor tickets" when I said that so don't try and make into some bigger thing.. Good for you for surviving LA but if you haven't bought floor tickets then that comment did not include you whatsoever so no need to "resent" it . I got to sit courtside once because of someone else quite awhile ago and nearly everyone around me gave zero eff's about the game the majority of the time but it was still an awesome experience and didn't stop me from having a great time.

It's a different era for sure but I don't see it as being that much worse honestly.. There's still the huge celebrities mixed in with a grab bag of a bunch of people that are there clearly for the attention as well as some legit fans of the game as well.

Still kind of ridiculous it's THIS big of a deal to a random fan but it clearly bothers tf out of you so go ahead and keep screaming throughout this thread if it makes you feel better. Nobody is going to boo them though, most fans want to have a good time at the game and don't care about the people dropping thousands on tickets.
Triumph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject:

How do you know the people in those seats are "social media influencers"?

I'm being serious, I don't know any social media celebs.

I don't care one way or the other, I just assumed everyone that sits down there is either rich or friends/family of someone rich.

The only celebs I recognized last night were Jack Nicholson and music artists Adele and Kid Cudi. Actors and music artists have always been given courtside seats.

If you're simply bothered by Kendall Jenner being courtside...okay I think she is technically a reality show celeb, not a social media influencer, although maybe she is one of those as well, I don't follow her.

I'm not a fan or anything, but she is a) rich and b) dating Booker who was actually playing against the Lakers in this game. So it's obvious why she was there.

Are you just mad that she is sitting in such a good seat? Would you be okay with her there if she were in a suite or in the nosebleeds?

So you'll only pay for a courtside seat if it's next to some real estate mogul, a tech billionaire, or Jim Goldstein, but not if it's next to an Instagram model?

I don't get it.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:04 pm    Post subject:

I've always hated how many people go to Laker games not to root for the Lakers or even because they like basketball, but because it's the cool place to be.

I wish our fans were more like fans in NYC where no one really cares about style, but only about substance and pretty much everyone in the stands is a real fan, ultra-rich or not.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: