I honestly can't see us winning the chip this year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:45 pm    Post subject:

I really don't like the mix, age and lack of defense of this squad, but that said, it's way too early to say we wont find answers and win a title. There is upside, regardless of the how this team looks at the moment. Let's see where we're at after 20 games.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:57 pm    Post subject:

The same season is over….

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:48 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
I really don't like the mix, age and lack of defense of this squad, but that said, it's way too early to say we wont find answers and win a title. There is upside, regardless of the how this team looks at the moment. Let's see where we're at after 20 games.

Having both Bazemore and Ariza healthy for the playoffs will be key as will finding a reliable shooter or two who isn't unplayable on defense between Monk/Ellington/Nunn/Reaves. The upside of closing playoff games with AD/LBJ/Ariza or Baze/(shooter)/Westbrook is legit.

The basic framework is there. Vogel and the Big 3 just have to adjust, the Lakers need some better health luck, and preferably at least one of the young guards will step up this season.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:05 pm    Post subject:

One game in people predicting what’s going to happen at the end of the season I don’t even have the words to describe the idiocy
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

Having both Bazemore and Ariza healthy for the playoffs will be key as will finding a reliable shooter or two who isn't unplayable on defense between Monk/Ellington/Nunn/Reaves. The upside of closing playoff games with AD/LBJ/Ariza or Baze/(shooter)/Westbrook is legit.

The basic framework is there. Vogel and the Big 3 just have to adjust, the Lakers need some better health luck, and preferably at least one of the young guards will step up this season.

Yup. One key is how many minutes Ariza can contribute if he gets healthy. I do like that closeout squad.
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:19 pm    Post subject: I know it's only the 1st half

But the Lakers look like an absolute (bleep) show out there. And seriously, like we're really going to contend with Phoenix LOL
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:21 am    Post subject:

In first 2 games, we've given up 121 and 115 points.

Defense wins championships, right?!

Nuff said 😂
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:45 am    Post subject:

the thing that scares me is that, I can see this team get better offensively...

but defensively? if they can get better somehow defensively, it might not be enough to get to that championship level.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:11 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
The same season is over….

I mean, we are well on the way to 0 - 82
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:07 pm    Post subject:

What surprises me is how much less cohesive this team is playing compared to last season's team.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Jury still out for me but this is the least excited ive been about this team in the lbj era
Swagron12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:14 am    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
I said it when we traded for WB that the Lakers aren’t winning anything with him.

What makes this even more frustrating is the Lakers were minutes away from pulling off a trade that would have made them insanely good. Buddy for Kuz was a steal.

Imagine Lebron going to work with Buddy and KCP opening the lane.

I was saying this too once the trade was made.

And I was getting flamed to hell.

I thought Lakers fans would be more educated.

Stats: Hield 6points..2/11…-12. Oh the horror lol

But it seems like we have a lot of stats reader on this forum.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:47 am    Post subject:

Barely won against a Memphis team that was on the tail end of a back to back. Needed an unusually high scoring game from Melo, which likely won't happen again this season. Still not convinced.
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:11 am    Post subject:

We’re on a one game winning streak!

Where are all the doubters now?
ElliotTheFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:53 am    Post subject:

Lets wait a couple dozen games before making crazy predictions. Yeah, it looks bad, but geez it's early.
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:11 pm    Post subject:

ElliotTheFan wrote:
Lets wait a couple dozen games before making crazy predictions. Yeah, it looks bad, but geez it's early.

So 24 games you need? I don't think we need that many
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:27 pm    Post subject:

We aren't.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:40 pm    Post subject:

A championship?

They need to keep focused on winning the next game.

This team has little reason to be looking forward to playoffs or a ring. They have not proven anything.

At the moment they are more like the punch drunk ex-champ in boxing. The young ascending fighters are lining up to pad their resumes.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:49 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

At the moment they are more like the punch drunk ex-champ in boxing. The young ascending fighters are lining up to pad their resumes.

It is crazy talk to say age doesn't matter. It does. You can't beat Father Time and the athletic decline is evident - our older players are slower, less likely to hustle back on D, less likely to dive for a loose ball, etc.

The Lakers made the exact same roster mistakes after the 2012 season. That team looked older. OKC was faster, more athletic and ran them off the court. Instead of addressing the gaps on the roster and going after younger complimentary pieces, we went all in on Nash - a player that was on the decline and wouldn't make Kobe better. It essentially ended Kobe's career.

We've made the exact same mistakes again and essentially have ended Lebron's chance at another championship.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:33 am    Post subject:

FWIW the Heat started 9-8 in Lebron's first season there. It takes time to build chemistry and it certainly hasn't helped that three rotation players haven't played a single minute this season, that Lebron has missed several games, and that this was Ellington's first game of the season.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:50 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
FWIW the Heat started 9-8 in Lebron's first season there.

LeBron was also able to be healthy 17 games in a row.

They also shouldn't need LeBron to beat the Thunder.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:13 am    Post subject:

We win this game if Westbrook plays smart. I'm not sure if Westbrook's impulsivity on the court will allow him to use his brain, and not his brawn.
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:52 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
FWIW the Heat started 9-8 in Lebron's first season there. It takes time to build chemistry and it certainly hasn't helped that three rotation players haven't played a single minute this season, that Lebron has missed several games, and that this was Ellington's first game of the season.

Oh, so it's okay to give up 26 and 19 point leads?! Why you making ridiculous excuses?
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:55 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
FWIW the Heat started 9-8 in Lebron's first season there.

LeBron was also able to be healthy 17 games in a row.

They also shouldn't need LeBron to beat the Thunder.

But a lot people think we do which means they realize this team isn't good enough without him and that's why they ain't winning this year because LeBron ain't Miami anymore. This team doesn't move the ball or cut to the basket like every other team does on us. Even the worst teams exploit our atrocious defense. Imagine what the good teams will do in the playoffs, we will get torn apart
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:58 pm    Post subject:

phantasyman wrote:
Oh, so it's okay to give up 26 and 19 point leads?! Why you making ridiculous excuses?

And who said that? It's ridiculous to overreact to things though. Especially without context.

The Lakers have three returning players: Lebron, AD, and THT. Lebron has missed 3 of the 9 games. THT hasn't played in any of them. Bradley, Rondo, and Dwight were on the title team two years ago, but it's a very different roster, Bradley missed training camp, Dwight missed 2 games and is only playing 14 minutes per game, and Rondo was a DNP coaches decision in 4 of the games, and likely wouldn't be playing at all if anyone were healthy. So you have a bunch of players still developing chemistry with one another.

Then you have a talent issue in some locations. Nunn was expected to play a large role with this team, he hasn't been available. Ellington just played his first minutes in the last game. Ariza hasn't played yet. Monk has played poorly after a strong start, and the guy who would probably be getting most of his minutes (THT) is unavailable. Without Nunn or THT available, and especially when Lebron is missing games, it forces you to play Rondo who would otherwise not be getting any minutes.

The Lakers haven't played great so far. But did you really expect them to get off to a fast start? It's not like the 9-8 Heat team did and that dynamic has been mentioned before the season even began. Here's another fun fact... When Lebron returned the Cavs, they started the season off 5-7. Both of those teams won the East and reached the finals.

Stop overreacting to every loss.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6
Jump to: