Can the Lakers compete with BKN in the Finals?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robblake
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:53 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
It just seems like a weird cause. I don't know how subjective the realities of the vaccine are.

His flat earth IMHO was just to mess with people.
i think he was serious about that conspiracy.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:00 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Robblake wrote:
Would Ky be doing this if he didn’t have millions in his bank account? Entirely seems disingenuous. His antics are just a facade. All he is doing is wasting money, roster space and time. No one is going to look back and think ky did something courageous.. people are gonna look back and see he was just a distraction.

Problem for Kyrie is he is losing a lot of money if he does sit out.It probably doesn't matter to him since he already has a lot of money, but even if he were to donate that money it will make a big difference to somebody. So the biggest losers in this situation would be the Nets organization since they are the title favorites and his antics if he follows thru will probably cost them the title.

Well the Nets wouldn't be total losers in this scenario. Vasashi has already pointed that with them not having to pay Kyrie for home games and them being in roughly 4x luxury tax range, they'll probably save 70-80 million dollars.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:10 am    Post subject:

its a few days old by now but I saw that harden wasn't getting his call in a game recently. Imagine if refs actually stay consistent on that. It clearly took something away from him.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Feels like even though a fully healthy Nets team is the favorite, we'd match up worse with the Bucks.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Robblake wrote:
Halflife wrote:
It just seems like a weird cause. I don't know how subjective the realities of the vaccine are.

he's clearly ...well maybe not so clearly a smart guy. I cant believe he honestly believed the earth was flat. I feel like he knows how to mess with the public. Obviously, this vax situation is serious but there are moments where it just feels like he's taking the p.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:07 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
governator wrote:
Vaccines don’t prevent or reduce transmission? We still doing this?

Yes we are, and it seems to be a very hot topic right now: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.07.31.21261387v1

High viral loads = greater chance of transmission, even by the CDC's own admission here: https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s0730-mmwr-covid-19.html

Quote:
Today, some of those data were published in CDC’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR), demonstrating that Delta infection resulted in similarly high SARS-CoV-2 viral loads in vaccinated and unvaccinated people. High viral loads suggest an increased risk of transmission and raised concern that, unlike with other variants, vaccinated people infected with Delta can transmit the virus. This finding is concerning and was a pivotal discovery leading to CDC’s updated mask recommendation. The masking recommendation was updated to ensure the vaccinated public would not unknowingly transmit virus to others, including their unvaccinated or immunocompromised loved ones.

From CDC:

unvaccinated adults were 11 times more likely to die from Covid-19 than fully vaccinated adults
unvaccinated adults faced a six times as likely to contract the virus than fully vaccinated adults

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#rates-by-vaccine-status

Hope LG can stop allowing dysinformation about Covid vaccine/treatment/prevention methods
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:12 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Robblake wrote:
Halflife wrote:

he's clearly ...well maybe not so clearly a smart guy. I cant believe he honestly believed the earth was flat. I feel like he knows how to mess with the public. Obviously, this vax situation is serious but there are moments where it just feels like he's taking the p.

You can be smart and still deluded.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:53 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Robblake wrote:
Halflife wrote:

He clearly did, he admitted to watching a bunch of conspiracy videos on youtube that led to him believing that stuff. He only backpedalled after he got backlash and his PR team told him he was being an idiot. Im sure in a year he'll backpedal from this too when he moves onto his next conspiracy.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:19 am    Post subject:

With no Kyrie I'd favor us over Brooklyn. We have the better coach. The smartest player in a head to head series. And more stars. Not to mention Harden being the choker he is.

Right now we look like a Lamborghini being driven by someone who doesn't know stick. The horsepower is there to win the race. But we haven't really figured out how to drive the car yet.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:48 am    Post subject:

new yorkers will not take kindly to Kyrie's shenanigans. good luck kyrie!
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Durant and Harden is such a cheat code offensively, the best offensive tandem in the league and I’d argue it’s not even close. Plus they have Mills, Blake, Harris, Millsap and Aldridge? They’re still the favorites.

The Lakers have a chance but Westbrook needs to 100% commit to living in the paint, limiting his threes to spot ups, learning to play off-ball, playing great defense and limiting his turnovers. So…playing opposite he has practically his entire career.

Lebron and Davis will go off but we need Westbrook to play Playoff balll.

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:07 pm    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:

He’s actually really fortunate KD didn’t choose the Knicks for the packaged deal.

NYK fans would rip him so bad…he would actually retire.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:07 pm    Post subject:

Brooklyn is like Black Adam, fully aware of his powers and can control it for destruction. LA is Shazam, blessed with powers but need to learn how to use it, before that happens, he will get whooped by Black Adam
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Personally, I don't think the Nets or the Lakers are anywhere remotely close to being the "clear" favorites. I could easily see scenarios where either one is the better team. Nothing but a coin toss or guess right now imo.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:46 pm    Post subject:

Neither team will make the Finals as currently constructed. But if somehow every other team caught the injury bug, Brooklyn would be a rough matchup, with Ariza and Bazemore having to play more minutes than they would in the normal rotation.

By game #100 or so, we don't want to get caught in a high scoring series with no defense, it would be hard to outscore such a team 4 out of 7 tries.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:46 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
Neither team will make the Finals as currently constructed. But if somehow every other team caught the injury bug, Brooklyn would be a rough matchup, with Ariza and Bazemore having to play more minutes than they would in the normal rotation.

By game #100 or so, we don't want to get caught in a high scoring series with no defense, it would be hard to outscore such a team 4 out of 7 tries.

Despite the defects in the rosters, I don't know of any other team that I would pick to make the Finals over the Nets and the Lakers. But sure, given the realities of injuries, age, chemistry, and (in the Nets' case) vaccination requirements, if the bet was Nets vs. EC Field and Lakers vs. WC Field, the field might be a decent bet.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:53 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:

Their more passionate about the Knicks than the Nets. Even though the Nets are finally good, I'm sure a lot of New Yorkers wish they would've joined their superteam at MSG.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:12 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
governator wrote:

Yes we are, and it seems to be a very hot topic right now: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.07.31.21261387v1

High viral loads = greater chance of transmission, even by the CDC's own admission here: https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s0730-mmwr-covid-19.html

Quote:
Today, some of those data were published in CDC’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR), demonstrating that Delta infection resulted in similarly high SARS-CoV-2 viral loads in vaccinated and unvaccinated people. High viral loads suggest an increased risk of transmission and raised concern that, unlike with other variants, vaccinated people infected with Delta can transmit the virus. This finding is concerning and was a pivotal discovery leading to CDC’s updated mask recommendation. The masking recommendation was updated to ensure the vaccinated public would not unknowingly transmit virus to others, including their unvaccinated or immunocompromised loved ones.

From CDC:

unvaccinated adults were 11 times more likely to die from Covid-19 than fully vaccinated adults
unvaccinated adults faced a six times as likely to contract the virus than fully vaccinated adults

Hope LG can stop allowing dysinformation about Covid vaccine/treatment/prevention methods

Still his choice and we don't know his reasons...
If he chooses to loose a lot of money because of this - he might have thought a minute or two about it.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:18 pm    Post subject:

I can see a scenario where Kyrie returns before the playoffs and is still unvaccinated.

For instance spring time has seem to be a when Covid cases have been at the lowest. Last year numbers peaked in Jan and declined throughout spring. The Prior year I believe they peaked in March or April.

If that were to happen, it is possible vaccine mandates would end before the playoffs and Kyrie would return. And since Durant and Harden were able to play the Bucks to overtime of game 7 they could still achieve a high record without Kylie. This is assuming they don’t trade for Kyrie which despite rumors I don’t think they need to do at this moment. They can always wait till the trade deadline to see how Covid restrictions would change.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:24 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
I can see a scenario where Kyrie returns before the playoffs and is still unvaccinated.

For instance spring time has seem to be a when Covid cases have been at the lowest. Last year numbers peaked in Jan and declined throughout spring. The Prior year I believe they peaked in March or April.

If that were to happen, it is possible vaccine mandates would end before the playoffs and Kyrie would return. And since Durant and Harden were able to play the Bucks to overtime of game 7 they could still achieve a high record without Kylie. This is assuming they don’t trade for Kyrie which despite rumors I don’t think they need to do at this moment. They can always wait till the trade deadline to see how Covid restrictions would change.

Yes, I think that this is what he's banking on. If NYC drops the vaccination requirement for public venues in, say, March, then Irving could be good to go by the time the playoffs start. However, I think that NYC is so scarred by what happened last year that it may be a long time before they drop the vaccination requirement.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:27 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
governator wrote:

Quote:

From CDC:

Based on this, I don't think any reasonable person should be surprised to read this:

Quote:
Previous studies have found that people infected with Delta have roughly the same levels of viral genetic materials in their noses regardless of whether they’d previously been vaccinated, suggesting that vaccinated and unvaccinated people might be equally infectious2. But studies also suggest that vaccinated people are less likely to spread the virus if they subsequently catch Delta: their levels of nasal virus drop faster than do those of unvaccinated infected people, and their nasal swabs contain smaller amounts of infectious virus

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02689-y#ref-CR3

But trust me, the disinformation is already out there. It's sad that the effort that goes into dispelling these myths seems exponentially more than the effort it takes to disseminate them.
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:52 pm    Post subject:

I don't see us getting to the finals, let alone WCF. All goes through Phoenix
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:28 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:

Despite the defects in the rosters, I don't know of any other team that I would pick to make the Finals over the Nets and the Lakers. But sure, given the realities of injuries, age, chemistry, and (in the Nets' case) vaccination requirements, if the bet was Nets vs. EC Field and Lakers vs. WC Field, the field might be a decent bet.

The field would be the smart bet. Neither the Nets or the Lakers are can’t miss teams, both have holes. And both are heavily reliant on health.
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:48 am    Post subject:

I we had Nets roster ppl would call it washed up old players. KD is 33 and Harden is 32 and they had to carry that team during regular season. They don't have an experienced head coach. I still dont get how they are still favs. Giannis is getting better and better and Bucks has more complete roster than Nets. Bucks is the team we should worry about i dont think Nets can come out of East .
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:56 am    Post subject:

Palin wrote:
I we had Nets roster ppl would call it washed up old players. KD is 33 and Harden is 32 and they had to carry that team during regular season. They don't have an experienced head coach. I still dont get how they are still favs. Giannis is getting better and better and Bucks has more complete roster than Nets. Bucks is the team we should worry about i dont think Nets can come out of East .

The Nets can win games just by the talent they have on offense. If Harden, Durant and Kyrie are all healthy and playing and actually playing together - the other teams roster construction might become meaningless.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 72 of 73
Jump to: