Howie Mandel rushed to hosptial via ambulance after passing out at Starbucks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:51 pm    Post subject: Howie Mandel rushed to hosptial via ambulance after passing out at Starbucks

https://pagesix.com/2021/10/13/howie-mandel-rushed-to-hospital-via-ambulance-after-passing-out-at-starbucks/

Quote:
Howie Mandel rushed to hospital via ambulance after passing out at Starbucks

Howie Mandel is on the mend after fainting at a local Starbucks.

The “America’s Got Talent” judge lost consciousness at his local Woodland Hills outpost of the coffee chain on Wednesday while grabbing a cup of joe with his wife and friends, TMZ reported.

Mandel, 65, was laid out on a cement bench while the paramedics arrived. He was rushed to a hospital in nearby Tarzana, Calif.

In photos obtained by the outlet, Mandel was able to sit up on his own while receiving pretreatment from the Los Angeles Fire Department.

A source told the outlet that doctors believe he passed out from low blood sugar, but tests are being run.

The former “Deal or No Deal” host is known for his germaphobia and OCD and he told Page Six last year that he was taking medication to help him cope.

Enlarge ImageHowie Mandel is recovering after losing consciousness in a Los Angeles Starbucks.WireImage
“I’m moving my therapist into a whole new tax bracket on the phone,” he quipped. “Some people call it a pandemic, I call it ‘told ya!’

“I felt responsible in the beginning for the shortage of PPE because I’d been hoarding gloves and masks and hazmat suits for the last 50 years but I’ve given them all away. I can’t wait for this to be over.”

While he was even photographed wearing a hazmat suit, gas mask and orange rubber gloves to an “America’s Got Talent” taping amid the pandemic, he still didn’t feel like it was enough.

“I live freaked out,” he said. “This is what is in my head each and every day, every hour of my 64 years on Earth. This is it. This is my nightmare, this is how I live and now the world has joined me in my nightmare. I hope we wake up and it’s just mine and not everyone’s. I take no solace in the fact that I was ahead of the curve.”

A representative for the Los Angeles Fire Department did not immediately get back to us.

Mandel’s reps didn’t immediately return our request for comment.

FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:58 pm    Post subject:

I have a soft spot for Howie. I remember him from all the way back in St. Elsewhere . . .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Elsewhere
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Mandel is germophobic. I wonder if that had anything to do with his collapse?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:36 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
I have a soft spot for Howie. I remember him from all the way back in St. Elsewhere . . .

Before that even....Make Me Laugh
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:13 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

Before that even....Make Me Laugh

Yep. I still remember his early standup stuff . . . "What? what? what? . . . no what? . . . what?"

So silly and stupid, but infectiously funny.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: