Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 108, 109, 110  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:09 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ZNation… reminds me how good TWD early seasons was

Ok, dragging badly on season 3/4, way too many unnecessary stories, skip
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:05 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I'm 4 episodes in on The Morning Show, Jennifer Aniston, and Reese Witherspoon. As usual, I'm on the late freight. So far I like the series. I'll be binging this evening.

Why is episode 7 & 8 the same on Ted Lasso?

Are there going to be more than 4 episodes of Only Murder In The Building?

There will be 10 episodes of Only Murder In The Building is Season 1.

I like The Morning Show.....love Reese Witherspoon. For the first time ever....I noticed the beautiful Jennifer Aniston is showing her age a little in the 1st episode of Season 2.

She looks damn good for a 52 year old.

52 is like jailbait for you, isn’t it?

Yep. I'll take isolation with Jenny.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:36 pm    Post subject:

@adkindo I finished S1 of The Morning Show and watched E1 S2. I see what you mean about Jennifer's aging. I thought she was made to look haggard because she was troubled. It was only in the opening scenes though. It's getting really interesting. Backstabbing galore. Am I caught up? If I have it right E2 will air on Sept 23rd.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:57 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
@adkindo I finished S1 of The Morning Show and watched E1 S2. I see what you mean about Jennifer's aging. I thought she was made to look haggard because she was troubled. It was only in the opening scenes though. It's getting really interesting. Backstabbing galore. Am I caught up? If I have it right E2 will air on Sept 23rd.

Yeah, and maybe it was intentional. She is still very beautiful, but I was always amazed at how she kept that natural girl next door look without showing much aging for so long. Yes, episode 2 is this week.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:07 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
governator wrote:

In other words, just like TWD.

I just checked and TWD is still on, scheduled to finish in 2022! I think I gave up after season 5, and I watched a couple seasons too many. It must be really awful these days.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:58 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yeah, and maybe it was intentional. She is still very beautiful, but I was always amazed at how she kept that natural girl next door look without showing much aging for so long. Yes, episode 2 is this week.
Maybe she lives a clean life. She reminds me of Doris Day
What time does The Morning Show air?

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:11 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
governator wrote:

Have you tried Black Summer?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:22 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
governator wrote:
governator wrote:

Not yet, Netflix? Amazon prime? HBO?

Found it Netflix, a spin off z nation. I’ll check it out
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:13 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
kikanga wrote:
governator wrote:
governator wrote:

Not yet, Netflix? Amazon prime? HBO?

Found it Netflix, a spin off z nation. I’ll check it out

Can’t go thru this z nation, every episode is ‘trying to be cute’ humor then the UFO lol, done but I’ll check the spin off
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Well folks, sounds like there may be a bit of a slow down in Film and TV Land in the coming months.

It's official. Those of us in IATSE are voting on a Strike Authorization next week. Sounds like it is leaning "YES", as for the first time in decades, all the various Local leaders and the head of IATSE are in solid agreement to move forward with it. What the vote's outcome will be and whether it will lead to an actual strike remains to be seen . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:54 pm    Post subject:

E6 & E7Only Murders In The Building dropped. Selena Gomez is not a bad actress.

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:19 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Well folks, sounds like there may be a bit of a slow down in Film and TV Land in the coming months.

It's official. Those of us in IATSE are voting on a Strike Authorization next week. Sounds like it is leaning "YES", as for the first time in decades, all the various Local leaders and the head of IATSE are in solid agreement to move forward with it. What the vote's outcome will be and whether it will lead to an actual strike remains to be seen . . .

Always support workers but what happened?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Star Wars Vision is a Disney animated series. Season1 9 Episodes.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:06 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Tough to summarize briefly. There are a number of issues faced by various locals. The biggest issue is what the producers and studios refer to as "new media", which is streaming content. They claim it is uncharted territory, and therefore don't want it to be counted into the residuals which fund pensions and health care. Obviously, as anyone who watches anything these days, it is hardly an unknown revenue stream and is hugely profitable. Throw in extended overtime days in production with shorter turnaround (it is not uncommon for production to work a series of 16 hour days in a row with as little as 9 hours off in between), they want to eliminate mandatory lunch and any penalties for it, minimal increase in base pay . . . it goes on and on. My Local, 700 the Editors Guild, will not be able to fund its pension and health in a few years under the current contract.

The AMPTP is playing hardball and even harder than they usually do, crying that they are in arrears because of COVID, but the books say otherwise. The Locals, at least as of now, are unified that enough is enough and as the industry as profitable as it has ever been and moreso, the notion of being able to work more for less money and benefits is untenable.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:35 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
governator wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Tough to summarize briefly. There are a number of issues faced by various locals. The biggest issue is what the producers and studios refer to as "new media", which is streaming content. They claim it is uncharted territory, and therefore don't want it to be counted into the residuals which fund pensions and health care. Obviously, as anyone who watches anything these days, it is hardly an unknown revenue stream and is hugely profitable. Throw in extended overtime days in production with shorter turnaround (it is not uncommon for production to work a series of 16 hour days in a row with as little as 9 hours off in between), they want to eliminate mandatory lunch and any penalties for it, minimal increase in base pay . . . it goes on and on. My Local, 700 the Editors Guild, will not be able to fund its pension and health in a few years under the current contract.

The AMPTP is playing hardball and even harder than they usually do, crying that they are in arrears because of COVID, but the books say otherwise. The Locals, at least as of now, are unified that enough is enough and as the industry as profitable as it has ever been and moreso, the notion of being able to work more for less money and benefits is untenable.

Hope things turn out alright for you DMR.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:57 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
governator wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Hope things turn out alright for you DMR.

Thanks j. I'll be fine whatever happens. It's more about keeping the pensions and health care viable in the long term for those who will need it in the future, and making sure that those in production have a safe working environment. Over the years, my wife and I have known colleagues who died in accidents while driving home in the middle of the night after pulling long shifts over several days.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:43 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
governator wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

This is really interesting. New media is not only hardly an unknown revenue stream but the obvious format going forward, one that AMPTP has likely analyzed for years before COVID, constantly reassessed and reanalyzed during the pandemic, and probably built predictive models around for the future that change as data streams in. I speculate that they are playing hardball knowing exactly what it is. "therefore don't want it to be counted into the residuals which fund pensions and health care". Good luck with the strike.
On the plus (or more plus side if strike is successful), I might actually knock down my streaming service queues if there is no production. Lately, it's like the number of my browser tabs, ever-increasing.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:31 am    Post subject:

focus wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
governator wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

This is really interesting. New media is not only hardly an unknown revenue stream but the obvious format going forward, one that AMPTP has likely analyzed for years before COVID, constantly reassessed and reanalyzed during the pandemic, and probably built predictive models around for the future that change as data streams in. I speculate that they are playing hardball knowing exactly what it is. "therefore don't want it to be counted into the residuals which fund pensions and health care". Good luck with the strike.
On the plus (or more plus side if strike is successful), I might actually knock down my streaming service queues if there is no production. Lately, it's like the number of my browser tabs, ever-increasing.

Sounds like battle between Uber/Lyft vs drivers, wording, good luck DMR
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:55 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
focus wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
governator wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Sounds like battle between Uber/Lyft vs drivers, wording, good luck DMR

Thanks. It's actually quite different from that though. We are a union that has already existed for decades with established contracts and precedents that tie to other guilds..
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:49 am    Post subject:

@DMR How much a role, if any, does IPTV play in your situation?

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:27 am    Post subject:

Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:31 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

I'm keeping a close eye on this as it may affect production plans for my company for a while. I hope you all get what you are aiming for because things are finally starting to loosen up and we have lots of projects we want to put into production in the next 16 months.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:36 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

I think the new shows on Apple+ all go up at 9pm pacific (midnight east coast).
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:48 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
@DMR How much a role, if any, does IPTV play in your situation?

Don't know enough about IPTV to say for sure.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:50 am    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

I'm keeping a close eye on this as it may affect production plans for my company for a while. I hope you all get what you are aiming for because things are finally starting to loosen up and we have lots of projects we want to put into production in the next 16 months.

It's going to be an interesting several weeks for sure. At this point, we are just looking to met somewhere close to midway.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 67 of 110
Jump to: