Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 281, 282, 283 ... 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:41 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
You all can trust "scientists" and "medical professionals" who do "research" and make decisions based on "facts".

But I'm gonna listen to random people who have a religious-like devotion to their own personal truth. Because this is 'Merica. Red, white, and blue. Shotguns and pick up trucks! And if you hippies and mask-wearing liberal elites don't like it, don't worry, once Q-Anon reveals himself and delivers horse dewormer to us REAL Americans. We'll kick all y'all out of OUR country!

If you aren't all dead from COVID by then. Not saying I'm hoping for it, but hey, if it happens, Oh well!

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:32 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Wilt wrote:
Taking my dad to have his booster/third dose later today.

He's so excited.

Quote:
Dr. Anthony Fauci defended the Food and Drug Administration’s decision to reject offering booster shots of Pfizer’s Covid-19 vaccine to the general U.S. population.
Fauci said he would support a third dose if future data shows it’s effective.

I wanted to add that it didn't go unnoticed by me that you were egging on HermosaJoe for defending his right to spread Invermectin propaganda in the Cedric Ceballos thread. You piled on to agree that the moderators were unfair bullies for not allowing propaganda to be spread here.

So by my count this current round, you're at strike 2.

No, it's more than strike 2. This sort of hit & run BS is also a problem. He'll ignore all these responses until it's time for the next hit & run.

So, that's enough. He needs to finish the discussion he started. He needs to come here & address these responses directly. If he doesn't, then that's strike 3.

I'll give ya 72 hours, xxsicrokerxx -- through Thursday.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:49 am    Post subject:

he could start with this
https://forums.lakersground.net/posting.php?mode=quote&p=8537301

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Anyone else becoming increasingly tired of everything being closed? Next time restaurants/gyms reopen I'm going to be out and about. I played it safe first time around and refused to go to the gym but nope, not this time.

---

and then this "it's not any worse than the flu" from pre-lockdown

https://forums.lakersground.net/posting.php?mode=quote&p=8494461

xxsicrokerxx 3/11/2020 wrote:
Bro , people die from the flu too. I'm not saying we shouldn't be concerned but it's blown way out of proportion. So much media driven over reaction.

---

https://forums.lakersground.net/posting.php?mode=quote&p=8480261

xxsicrokerxx Feb 2020 wrote:
So, the coronavirus has a 3.4% chance of being fatal. If you get it, you have a 3% chance of dying. Don't understand the overreaction.

Yikes, and you're a registered nurse? Do you do patient care? If so, please exit the field ASAP, and then stay as far the (bleep) away as you can from any position where vulnerable people must depend upon your responsibility/intellect for their health, because you will fail them, and they will die. I'd bet money that this has happened already. If god is merciful, you're only on light duty, or are just some e-charting super user...anything but clinical. Is it any wonder that we've yet to overcome a pandemic after a year and a half if there are people like yourself who, despite having gone to school where they spent years compiling the explicit knowledge base and the tools necessary to simplifying such a problem, sought out every which way to compound the problem and avoid using the tools that they paid for?

Meantime, would you care to explain what you've written above?

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject:

Because wearing a mask is so damn offensive . . . right?

Texas couple asked to leave restaurant for wearing face masks to protect their immunocompromised infant

A Texas couple who landed themselves a rare night out with friends says it was cut short when the restaurant kicked them out for wearing face masks, which they say they wore to protect their immunocompromised 4-month-old son.

Natalie Wester and her husband, Jose Lopez-Guerrero, joined a group of friends at a restaurant and bar in Rowlett, about 20 miles northeast of Dallas, on September 10.

"We are new parents and in the middle of a pandemic, we don't really get out a whole lot," Wester told CNN. "But that Friday night, my mom happened to be available to watch our son. ... Living in a pandemic, being isolated and away from others is a big deal for our mental and social health."
Their infant has cystic fibrosis, they said, so they have taken precautions to stay safe and do what's best for their family, and that includes wearing a face mask in public except when drinking or eating.

But the restaurant they visited, Hang Time Sports Grill & Bar, has a no-mask wearing policy, according to its owner, whom CNN affiliate KTVT identified only as Tom. Wester said she was not aware of the policy.
CNN reached out to Hang Time Sports Grill & Bar on Monday by email and phone but has not heard back.

"About 30 minutes in, our waitress comes over and she sits down next to me and she's like, 'Hey, so our manager is over there in the kitchen, and he is not as nice as I am so I came over here to talk to you and unfortunately, this is a political thing, but our manager does not believe in the mask. He's tired of being told what to do by, you know, politics in the country, and so you're going to need to take the mask off," Wester said.

The owner's response:

It’s a policy you don’t hear often amid the pandemic, but the owner says he considers it part of the dress code.

“I have spent my money on the business, my blood sweat and tears in this business, and I don’t want masks in here,” Tom, the owner of Hang Time, said.

He says it’s a private business and he has every right to refuse service to those who want to wear their mask.

“I feel the overall reaction with masks is ridiculous in the United States right now,” Tom said.

There’s no sign, instead the hostess tells everyone who wears one that they must take them off at the door.

“So when they put their masks on the other night, they were reminded that at the front to take it off. They didn’t want to, and so we asked them to leave,” the owner continued.

He said he was unaware of her immune compromised son, but that it’s a rule they believe strongly in and will continue to enforce.

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:51 am    Post subject:

I don’t want to be told what to do, because I’m about freedom, but if you come in my restaurant, I’m going to mandate what you must do.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:54 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
I don’t want to be told what to do, because I’m about freedom, but if you come in my restaurant, I’m going to mandate what you must do.

They have no problems with authoritarianism, as long as it's got a red source.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:48 am    Post subject:

Freedumb: I get to do whatever I want with no consequences. Also, you have to do what I want because my freedom is more important than your freedom.

Other names for this:
White supremacy
Patriarchy
Authoritarianism
Fascism
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:53 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Which, unfortunately, he has the right to do. Freedumb.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Meanwhile in Florida, DeathSantis appoints a new surgeon general

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2021/09/21/desantis-announces-new-florida-surgeon-general/

A black Doctor from UCLA Health. At first sounds like a good, progressive pick from DeSantis. Well until this:

Quote:
Last month Ladapo wrote an opinion piece in the Wall Street Journal headlined “Masks Are a Distraction From the Pandemic Reality,” saying that COVID-19 mask mandates may “have unintended consequences that outweigh the benefits.”

He said Tuesday after being introduced in his new post that there’s been too much emphasis on COVID vaccines.

And of course he’s one of the quacks from “America’s Frontline Doctors” that’s pushing hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin. He was in the video that Trump tweeted with the other doctor that believes in devil spawn and alien dna.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The Unbelievable Grimness of HermanCainAward, the Subreddit That Catalogs Anti-Vaxxer COVID Deaths

https://slate.com/technology/2021/09/hermancainaward-subreddit-antivaxxer-deaths-cataloged.html

The problem isn't that someone made this subreddit.
The problem is that Americans are so stupid, this subreddit had the opportunity to exist.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:22 am    Post subject:

The latest crazy pants Q/deep state conspiracy theory is that the government is going to start spiking salad dressing with the COVID vaccine.

::speechless::
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:54 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
. . . the government is going to start spiking salad dressing with the COVID vaccine . . .

To me, that's not a theory: It's already happened.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:08 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
The latest crazy pants Q/deep state conspiracy theory is that the government is going to start spiking salad dressing with the COVID vaccine.

It will only work if they make it Ranch
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:46 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

And because of the required cold chain, it only works on iceberg lettuce.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:04 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

And because of the required cold chain, it only works on iceberg lettuce.

Needs bacon to activate the spike proteins.

LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:40 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

If we can convince everyone it's in High Fructose Corn syrup we might be able to lower some BMIs.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:20 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Quote:
The Unbelievable Grimness of HermanCainAward, the Subreddit That Catalogs Anti-Vaxxer COVID Deaths

https://slate.com/technology/2021/09/hermancainaward-subreddit-antivaxxer-deaths-cataloged.html

The problem is that Americans are so stupid, this subreddit had the opportunity to exist.

If these fine, upstanding Americans didn't "do their own research," we wouldn't see headlines like this:

Quote:
Meet Chasity, who found out that anointing your unvaccinated mother’s feet with ivermectin-soaked rags in plastic baggies does not cure Covid. Although she claims it cures Ebola, Zika, and HIV. I have no words for this level of crazy

These people are too far gone
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:28 am    Post subject:

Biden doubles US global donation of COVID-19 vaccine shots
Associated Press
ZEKE MILLER
September 22, 2021, 9:19 AM

LINK

Quote:

President Joe Biden announced Wednesday that the United States is doubling its purchase of Pfizer's COVID-19 shots to share with the world to 1 billion doses as he embraces the goal of vaccinating 70% of the global population within the next year.

The stepped-up U.S. commitment marks the cornerstone of the global vaccination summit Biden convened virtually on the sidelines of the U.N. General Assembly, where he encouraged well-off nations to do more to get the coronavirus under control.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:50 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:

If these fine, upstanding Americans didn't "do their own research," we wouldn't see headlines like this:

Quote:
Meet Chasity, who found out that anointing your unvaccinated mother’s feet with ivermectin-soaked rags in plastic baggies does not cure Covid. Although she claims it cures Ebola, Zika, and HIV. I have no words for this level of crazy

Its usually people who barely managed to scrape thru grades K-12 (IF THAT) so they have a chip on their shoulder regarding education....so they double down and act like somehow they know better than doctors, educators and scientists, etc. They thumb their noses at facts and logic and instead opt to go searching for "truth". They somehow think they are in the know and we are all just sheep. And that type of thinking just festers and grows, like a disease. Seen it happen with a buddy of mine who I've mentioned ad nauseum in the Political thread. SMH
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:56 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Its usually people who barely managed to scrape thru grades K-12 (IF THAT) so they have a chip on their shoulder regarding education....so they double down and act like somehow they know better than doctors, educators and scientists, etc. They thumb their noses at facts and logic and instead opt to go searching for "truth". They somehow think they are in the know and we are all just sheep. And that type of thinking just festers and grows, like a disease. Seen it happen with a buddy of mine who I've mentioned ad nauseum in the Political thread. SMH

Notice when you're conversing with people of that ilk how often you're interrupted mid-sentence before your point is made. When that happens to me I wait until they're finished and ask, "what was I going to say." They can't answer and I sometimes get to finish my sentence.

trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:12 am    Post subject:

Quote:
“Vaccines are up to the person. There’s nothing special about them compared to any other preventive measure,” he said. “The state should be promoting good health, and vaccination isn’t the only path to that. It’s been treated almost like a religion. It’s just senseless. There’s lots of good pathways to health.”

Quote from Florida’s new surgeon general. Here in Florida we’re just going to “good health” our way to immunity apparently.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:20 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Biden doubles US global donation of COVID-19 vaccine shots
Associated Press
ZEKE MILLER
September 22, 2021, 9:19 AM

LINK

Quote:

President Joe Biden announced Wednesday that the United States is doubling its purchase of Pfizer's COVID-19 shots to share with the world to 1 billion doses as he embraces the goal of vaccinating 70% of the global population within the next year.

The stepped-up U.S. commitment marks the cornerstone of the global vaccination summit Biden convened virtually on the sidelines of the U.N. General Assembly, where he encouraged well-off nations to do more to get the coronavirus under control.

I think production is the limiting step… honestly I’d rather see US/EU strong arm these vaccine producing pharma into base cost selling or maybe a 5% profit (something most countries then able to afford the purchase then the ones that can’t afford gets them from US/EU). They are making record profits from the vaccine (anyone has the figures?)
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:21 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Quote:

In a schadenfreude inspired way, I eat this stuff up.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:18 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Why spike the dressing when you can spike the restaurant's AC unit. Either they'll wear a mask or risk getting exposed to the vaccine by breathing. /s
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:28 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Why spike the dressing when you can spike the restaurant's AC unit. Either they'll wear a mask or risk getting exposed to the vaccine by breathing. /s

Break their heart, tell them it’s in beer/liquor/wine
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 281, 282, 283 ... 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 282 of 318
Jump to: