Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 280, 281, 282 ... 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:57 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Taking my dad to have his booster/third dose later today.

He's so excited.

Quote:
Dr. Anthony Fauci defended the Food and Drug Administration’s decision to reject offering booster shots of Pfizer’s Covid-19 vaccine to the general U.S. population.
Fauci said he would support a third dose if future data shows it’s effective.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:03 am    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Wilt wrote:

He's so excited.

Quote:
Dr. Anthony Fauci defended the Food and Drug Administration’s decision to reject offering booster shots of Pfizer’s Covid-19 vaccine to the general U.S. population.

The FDA recommended a booster shot for people 65 and older and those at high risk. That's not the general population.

Last edited by 32 on Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:07 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

He's so excited.

Great! Your Dad is one person that really needs protection.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:14 am    Post subject:

Quote:
NEW: Pfizer says early results of its trials show that its COVID vaccine is safe and effective for children ages 5 to 11.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NPR/status/1439914876323995654
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:32 am    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Wilt wrote:

He's so excited.

Quote:

If you want to stay around and discuss issues, feel free. But much like in the political thread, your habit of dropping by to make a snarky attempt at misinformation or a feeble gotcha try are not really welcome at all. Consider this the last post I make to you about these issues.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:10 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

He's so excited.

Way to go, Wilt & Mr. Wilt's Dad!

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:34 am    Post subject:

Guess what . . . not vaccinated . . . It's almost like there's some kind of connection between being unvaxed and dying from COVID:

GEORGE HOLLIDAY
MAN WHO SHOT RODNEY KING BEATING VIDEO DEAD FROM COVID

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:37 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
. . . your habit of dropping by to make a snarky attempt at misinformation . . .

I noticed that poster provided a quote but no link, since that quote was, apparently, taken out of context.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:44 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
. . . your habit of dropping by to make a snarky attempt at misinformation . . .

I noticed that poster provided a quote but no link, since that quote was, apparently, taken out of context.

Not taken out of context, it was intentionally misrepresented. Xsicx Knows exactly what he's doing.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:24 am    Post subject:

Mother-in-law got her booster Saturday. She's 70 with quite a few health issues. Glad she was able to get that done.

Happy to hear about the data for 5-11. Looking forward to getting our 8 year old vaccinated. We kept her in virtual school this semester, but she can't wait to go back to school. If they issue an EUA and she can get her first dose in late Oct or early November, she'll be on track to go back to school next semester. Then hopefully by the end of the year we can get the baby (currently 4 months) vaccinated.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:26 am    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
Mother-in-law got her booster Saturday. She's 70 with quite a few health issues. Glad she was able to get that done.

Happy to hear about the data for 5-11. Looking forward to getting our 8 year old vaccinated. We kept her in virtual school this semester, but she can't wait to go back to school. If they issue an EUA and she can get her first dose in late Oct or early November, she'll be on track to go back to school next semester. Then hopefully by the end of the year we can get the baby (currently 4 months) vaccinated.

One of the first things I thought of.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:40 am    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Wilt wrote:

He's so excited.

Quote:

Others already responded to you but let me take a crack.

First of all, Wilt's dad is over 65 and in the vulnerable population who are now eligible for the shot. So absolutely nothing wrong or inappropriate here. If anything, you should being saying congratulations for following the CDC guidelines and wishing Wilt's dad well.

Secondly, here's something you should know:

Scientists following the facts and scientific data and forming opinions based on that data IS EXACTLY HOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO WORK. See, rational people don't make stuff up then stubbornly stick that opinion no matter what the facts say.

When there is more scientific data to justify a change in opinion about who else should get the booster, then he will update his opinion to reflect the facts.

Again, this is called REASONING and it is something that should be commended and aspired to.

The fact that you thought posting this was some kind of "gotcha" basically exposes your complete ignorance about science, reason and logic.

So essentially, you made a fool or *yourself* - not Wilt or his dad, and not Dr. Fauci. Only you look like the fool here.

Hope that helped clear things up.

Last edited by ChefLinda on Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:45 am; edited 2 times in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:41 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

He's so excited.

That's great!
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:43 am    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:

Finally some good news from Florida -- something DeathSantis can't mess with. Good luck!
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:44 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Wilt wrote:

He's so excited.

Quote:

I wanted to add that it didn't go unnoticed by me that you were egging on HermosaJoe for defending his right to spread Invermectin propaganda in the Cedric Ceballos thread. You piled on to agree that the moderators were unfair bullies for not allowing propaganda to be spread here.

So by my count this current round, you're at strike 2.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:58 pm    Post subject:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/publicity-stunt-near-carolina-panthers-153245545.html

Quote:
A truck claiming to be from a funeral home was emblazoned with a blunt message Sunday while driving around Bank of America Stadium, where the Panthers were playing the New Orleans Saints: “Don’t get vaccinated.”

It remains unclear who might be behind the scare tactic urging people to finally get vaccinated against COVID-19.

The website for the “Wilmore Funeral Home” on the truck takes people to a site that simply says, “Get vaccinated now. If not, see you soon.”

That landing page redirects people to StarMed’s COVID-19 vaccine web page, which contains vaccine scheduling information and a lengthy list of commonly asked questions.
BigJosh951
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:26 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Wilt wrote:

He's so excited.

Quote:

That stupidity shining through again! Bravo. The fact that you actually thought that was some sort of "gotcha" just shows the level of dolt you reside in. Why are people like this even given three strikes? And why are you still here if you dislike it so much? Common sense levels must be just as low as the IQ.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:15 pm    Post subject:

BigJosh951 wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Wilt wrote:

He's so excited.

Quote:

That stupidity shining through again! Bravo. The fact that you actually thought that was some sort of "gotcha" just shows the level of dolt you reside in. Why are people like this even given three strikes? And why are you still here if you dislike it so much? Common sense levels must be just as low as the IQ.

Is it stupid to rely on future data? Fauci is the expert. He's been in his position for quite awhile. I have faith in his decson.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
BigJosh951
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:41 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
BigJosh951 wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Wilt wrote:

He's so excited.

Quote:

Is it stupid to rely on future data? Fauci is the expert. He's been in his position for quite awhile. I have faith in his decson.

You are not following. Nowhere did I say that. The poster was trying to troll someone who posted they were taking their father to get their booster dose today by posting that.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:49 pm    Post subject:

BigJosh951 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BigJosh951 wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Wilt wrote:

He's so excited.

Quote:

You are not following. Nowhere did I say that. The poster was trying to troll someone who posted they were taking their father to get their booster dose today by posting that.

OK If xxsicrokerxx who you're referring to as trolling, my bad.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Is there not enough data already from March-today this year between pro-vaccine states vs anti-vaccine, u know, their governors’ actions? You name it, hospitalizations including ICU, pediatric ICU, general pediatric hospitalizations and also death… what is there to argue about? Just admit it, at this point all this anti-vaccine crap are just… whatever y’all, just get vaccinated
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:19 pm    Post subject:

It's hard to argue with those that are dense and don't value logic or common sense . . . such as the anti-vax idiots.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:29 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
It's hard to argue with those that are dense and don't value logic or common sense . . . such as the anti-vax idiots.

I think Omar (?) covered this before. Sure, there are some that are dense and don't follow the logic, or are just the same Jennie McCarthy nuts who are anti-vax period. But most of those who are anti-vax, at least in the white community, aren't anti-vax because they "don't trust the science". That's just the excuse they use. They just want to "own the libtards". AS I have said before, if when Trump was still in office, he had told his MAGAts to get the vaccine because the "China Virus" (as he called it) was a liberal plot, they would be all over the vaccine to the point they'd be trying to double dose.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:57 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

I think Omar (?) covered this before. Sure, there are some that are dense and don't follow the logic, or are just the same Jennie McCarthy nuts who are anti-vax period. But most of those who are anti-vax, at least in the white community, aren't anti-vax because they "don't trust the science". That's just the excuse they use. They just want to "own the libtards". AS I have said before, if when Trump was still in office, he had told his MAGAts to get the vaccine because the "China Virus" (as he called it) was a liberal plot, they would be all over the vaccine to the point they'd be trying to double dose.

100%. And to boot, his cult booed him when he did an about face about the vaccine. I don't think he realized the beast he created is beyond his control. Who woulda thought...,
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:11 pm    Post subject:

You all can trust "scientists" and "medical professionals" who do "research" and make decisions based on "facts".

But I'm gonna listen to random people who have a religious-like devotion to their own personal truth. Because this is 'Merica. Red, white, and blue. Shotguns and pick up trucks! And if you hippies and mask-wearing liberal elites don't like it, don't worry, once Q-Anon reveals himself and delivers horse dewormer to us REAL Americans. We'll kick all y'all out of OUR country!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 280, 281, 282 ... 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 281 of 318
Jump to: