Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 278, 279, 280 ... 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:34 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
Not concerned about adverse reaction to flu shots. I've been getting them for years without side effects.

You guys are smart to get yours early. I'm getting mine next weekend.

Went to Kaiser on Wednesday to have some minor surgery performed.
They threw in a flu shot on the house.
My arms was slightly sore the following day. Other than that, no issues.

Flu shots are so 4G
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:36 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
I got my flu shot at CVS yesterday. No after effects except a sore arm.

I got my flu shot at CVS, about two hours after you posted this. No trouble, except for the slight arm soreness.

In the past, I didn't get flu shots because of the horror stories I'd heard and listened to. My pulmonologist convinced me they were safe and the stories were mostly false.

I get mine at Kaiser whenever my doctor says it's time. Usually just a slight ache at the injection point.

LESSON Listen to your doctor and scientist. Don't listen to unqualified voodoo's.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:36 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
PM Sent

Not interested in arguing it. Or even discussing it, really.

Copy that! Take care...
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:02 pm    Post subject:

There's a subgroup of anti-vaxxers that are also Q-anon people and apparently they believe crazy elaborate nonsense not only about what's in the vaccines (trackers, etc.) but that there is a wider conspiracy among the vaccine makers to kill people off and they are about to be arrested for it any day. These people think they are going to live and the rest of us who took the vaccine are all going to die in some mass event when the secret bat signal gets sent to all of us. This is part of what that HermosaJoe guy was referring too in his bat-(bleep) crazy final post.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:24 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
There's a subgroup of anti-vaxxers that are also Q-anon people and apparently they believe crazy elaborate nonsense not only about what's in the vaccines (trackers, etc.) but that there is a wider conspiracy among the vaccine makers to kill people off and they are about to be arrested for it any day. These people think they are going to live and the rest of us who took the vaccine are all going to die in some mass event when the secret bat signal gets sent to all of us. This is part of what that HermosaJoe guy was referring too in his bat-(bleep) crazy final post.

That some people consider themselves so important that anybody will even consider tracking them. These are maybe the dumbest of the dumb and some of them may not even have jobs and yet they suspect the government of spending millions so it can track them.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

That some people consider themselves so important that anybody will even consider tracking them. These are maybe the dumbest of the dumb and some of them may not even have jobs and yet they suspect the government of spending millions so it can track them.

Is the irony lost on these morons?
If this is the case, they should just let us sheep all kick the bucket so they can live in their sheep-free 'Murica and cannibalize themselves within 2 years. smh
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:40 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Alot of people out there trying their best to win Herman Cain awards.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:57 am    Post subject:

Happy to hear we may not need booster shots. I wasn't looking forward to them.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:44 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:

Link?
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:20 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Link?

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/13/covid-booster-shots-data-shows-third-shots-not-appropriate-at-this-time-scientists-conclude.html

https://www.npr.org/2021/09/13/1036600360/covid-19-vaccine-booster-shot

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/13/health/covid-vaccine-booster-lancet.html
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:24 am    Post subject:

Quote:
What they're saying: "Even if boosting were eventually shown to decrease the medium-term risk of serious disease, current vaccine supplies could save more lives if used in previously unvaccinated populations than if used as boosters in vaccinated populations," the scientists wrote.

They did say booster doses could be appropriate for immunocompromised people, and indeed that population can get a third dose of an mRNA vaccine.

https://www.axios.com/covid-19-vaccine-booster-not-needed-experts-fda-lancet-44bc8a25-c640-4268-8841-e652e285d8fe.html

Since we have an abundance of supplies and unvaccinated populations aren't taking the vaccine, I still plan to get a booster when it's available.
NMLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:01 am    Post subject:

Me too. Better than the doses going to waste.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:09 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Link?

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/13/covid-booster-shots-data-shows-third-shots-not-appropriate-at-this-time-scientists-conclude.html

https://www.npr.org/2021/09/13/1036600360/covid-19-vaccine-booster-shot

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/13/health/covid-vaccine-booster-lancet.html

Thanks. Important to point out a few things. First of all, there is no final decision on this.

Quote:
The Biden administration has proposed administering vaccine boosters eight months after the initial shots. But many scientists have opposed the plan, saying the vaccines continue to be powerfully protective against severe illness and hospitalization. A committee of advisers to the F.D.A. is scheduled to meet on Friday to review the data.

Immune compromised and seniors over 75 would still benefit from a booster.

Quote:
In the new review, published in The Lancet, experts said that whatever advantage boosters provide would not outweigh the benefit of using those doses to protect the billions of people who remain unvaccinated worldwide. Boosters may be useful in some people with weak immune systems, they said, but are not yet needed for the general population.

Several studies published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, including three on Friday, suggest that while efficacy against infection with the Delta variant seems to wane slightly over time, the vaccines hold steady against severe illness in all age groups. Only in older adults over 75 do the vaccines show some weakening in protection against hospitalization.

If Delta keeps mutating and starts to evade current vaccine, then we may have to add protection against mutations to a booster for everyone.

Quote:
The vaccines are slightly less effective against infection with the Delta variant than with the Alpha variant, but the virus has not yet evolved to evade the sustained responses from immune cells, the experts said. Boosters may eventually be needed even for the general population if a variant emerges that sidesteps the immune response.

While below is true in theory, especially with regard to the world as a whole, if a certain percentage of anti-vaxxers in the US continue to refuse any vaccine and therefore allow for more mutations that threaten us all, then those of us who are vaccinated deserve all the help we can get via the latest updated boosters.

Quote:
In the new review, published in The Lancet, experts said that whatever advantage boosters provide would not outweigh the benefit of using those doses to protect the billions of people who remain unvaccinated worldwide. Boosters may be useful in some people with weak immune systems, they said, but are not yet needed for the general population.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:15 am    Post subject:

I, as a non-idiot - - one who gets the vaccine - -deserve to be protected from the anti-vax idiots. It's my right as a human and an American.

Freedom!

Not freedumb!

PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:18 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
I, as a non-idiot - - one who gets the vaccine - -deserve to be protected from the anti-vax idiots. It's my right as a human and an American.

Freedom!

Not freedumb!

x2
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:27 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

I was wondering what he was talking about people getting arrested before that other thread got locked.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:09 am    Post subject:

Old story, but I just read an article about 2 parents who both died of Covid, and orphaned 5 children. Mother was diagnosed with Covid at 7 months and passed away while intubated as the doctors delivered the baby via C-section. Dad died several days later.

The grandma is now taking care of the 5 kids.
Baby has yet to even be named.

Scrolled down a bit and sure enough... they were NOT vaccinated. They believe they contracted the virus by visiting an indoor waterpark.

How effing irresponsible and inconsiderate can people be?

I feel guilty if I head out with friends and leave my 2 kids with my parents for ONE day. Now this poor old lady is saddled with raising 5 kids and these poor kids have to live without their parents because of their own stupidity.

It's just baffling to me that people are STILL this dense and ignorant.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:49 am    Post subject:

Another this morning of a four year old girl in Texas infected by her anti vaxx mom, now dead.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:12 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

I wasn't aware of that degree of craziness. I do remember some of the great unwashed believing that there was some special nanotechnology in the vaccine that would allow the government to track you. You'd have to be very stupid to believe that. First you'd need a groundbreaking breakthrough in battery technology as those trackers in the vax would need a power supply. Second why would the government be interested in tracking a bunch of fools? Self-importance and ignorance are the body armor of the "patriots".
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:22 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

I wasn't aware of that degree of craziness. I do remember some of the great unwashed believing that there was some special nanotechnology in the vaccine that would allow the government to track you. You'd have to be very stupid to believe that. First you'd need a groundbreaking breakthrough in battery technology as those trackers in the vax would need a power supply. Second why would the government be interested in tracking a bunch of fools? Self-importance and ignorance are the body armor of the "patriots".

Not smart people. Those same idiots worried about tracking via nanotechnology post their nonsense on Facebook from their smartphones.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:13 pm    Post subject:

One shocking thing I’ve come to learn about a lot of successful conservatives, like business owners and execs, is that outside of their field of expertise, they have the same stupendous lack of information or even curiosity about much of the world as their brethren among the rural rube stereotype.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
One shocking thing I’ve come to learn about a lot of successful conservatives, like business owners and execs, is that outside of their field of expertise, they have the same stupendous lack of information or even curiosity about much of the world as their brethren among the rural rube stereotype.

That's an ugly truth. Some otherwise intelligent people who are either execs or entrepreneurs have a blind spot when it comes to politics. You know how it starts? "So what news channel do you watch?"
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Btw, why is there this rush to take all these alternative remedies to a virus that’s a hoax?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:43 pm    Post subject:

And COVID sings:

Another one bites the dust
And another one gone and another one gone
Hey I'm gonna get you too

Colorado radio host who urged boycott of vaccines dies of Covid-19

Quote:
Colorado radio host who urged boycott of vaccines dies of Covid-19
Bob Enyart, recalled by his co-host as ‘the wisest person I’ve known’, also reportedly mocked people who died of Aids

The death of Bob Enyart, who was also a pastor at Denver Bible church, was announced two weeks after he had reportedly been taken to hospital.
The death of Bob Enyart, who was also a pastor at Denver Bible church, was announced two weeks after he had reportedly been taken to hospital.

Enyart’s death was reported two weeks after the Denver Bible church said he and his wife had been taken to hospital.

“Pastor Bob and Cheryl are in … good hands and improving daily,” the church said then. “We anticipate and pray for a full recovery. We both grieve and rejoice together during this challenging time.”

In a Facebook post on Monday, Enyart’s co-host, Fred Williams, said: “It comes with an extremely heavy heart that my close friend and co-host of Real Science Radio has lost his battle with Covid.

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:18 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

That's an ugly truth. Some otherwise intelligent people who are either execs or entrepreneurs have a blind spot when it comes to politics. You know how it starts? "So what news channel do you watch?"

Successful or mediocre, I don't think any of these conservatives are dumb per se (or at least as dumb as some of us may think). It's more like willful ignorance and a desire to own the libs.

I think there are plenty of really intelligent and educated conservatives. The problem is that they've locked themselves into an echo chamber.

They're like a pet parakeet who you want to come out of his cage and fly around, but he refuses because he's scared of what's outside of his cage, even though birds aren't supposed to like being cooped up in a cage.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 278, 279, 280 ... 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 279 of 318
Jump to: