Goran Dragic to the Lakers in a sign-and-trade?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Everyone knows Zoran Dragic is better.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:56 pm    Post subject:

No Dragic. We're set with gray beards. Rob will get some value for Dennis. Be patient.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Big Shot Bob
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:09 pm    Post subject:

I still think it makes sense for the Lakers to get involved in a 4-teamer here…

Lakers trade: Dennis Schroder (S&T)
Lakers receive: TPE, 2nd round pick/s
Reason: Maybe they take Burke and/or Green/Terry from Dallas (either one makes the trade work), but the real value is the TPE and extra 2nd round picks to be a player at the deadline. This gives the Lakers the ability to take on a salary up to the $16m-19m range and send back the picks they’ve received this summer from Washington and in this deal.

Raptors trade: Goran Dragic, 2nd round pick/s
Raptors receive: Dennis Schroder
Reason: Toronto essentially trades Lowry and 1-2 second round picks for Schroder and Achiuwa… solid move overall. Schroder better fits their timeline and gives them a nice 3-guard combo with Van Vleet and Trent Jr. Malachi Flynn ain’t half bad either! No idea why you wouldn’t throw a couple 2nd rounders to flip Dragic for Schroder if you’re the Raptors.

Mavericks trade: Dwight Powell, Trey Burke, Josh Green/Tyrell Terry
Mavericks receive: Goran Dragic
Reason: Not sure whether they’d want to deal Green or Terry - either one makes the deal work cap wise. It essentially amounts to which one gets the deal done… but they clearly want another competent ball-handler to support Luka, and Goran is his guy. Burke doesn’t get minutes on this team, and Dallas now has WCS and Moses Brown at C, along with KP and Kleber at PF… they won’t miss Powell. Moses Brown is good!

Thunder trade: Random (bleep) that amounts to nothing
Thunder receive: Dwight Powell, Trey Burke, Josh Green/Tyrell Terry
Reason: Thunder are well below the cap floor right now and need to spend their money on something… they’ll eventually be able to flip Powell for something, and they get to take a shot on either Green or Terry.

Last edited by Big Shot Bob on Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:09 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
No Dragic. We're set with gray beards. Rob will get some value for Dennis. Be patient.

Who do you have in mind?
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Who do you have in mind?

Doesn't seem like it if it's true that Dennis just wants a 1 year deal to improve his value
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:45 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Who do you have in mind?

Doesn't seem like it if it's true that Dennis just wants a 1 year deal to improve his value

It’s not true lol, if it was up to Dennis he would probably prefer a 3 year deal with a S&T, that would give him more financial security instead of taking a 1 year deal, I’m guessing it’s the Celtics who are trying to convince Schroeder and his camp to take a 1 year prove it deal.
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Goran Dragic to the Lakers in a sign-and-trade?

LakersFanESS wrote:
I have friends who stay relatively connected to Toronto basketball rumors stuff and they are saying that a sign-and-trade Dennis S. to Toronto for Dragic has been discussed. The hold up is the enormous tax hit the Lakers would have to take on but Dragic is an expiring contract. I don't think the lakers will spend the money but they have always have liked Dragic. Doubt it has any legs (because we are hearing about it) but thought I should share..

I think they probably saw that BS rumor on RaptorsGrounds.net
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:40 pm    Post subject:

No more guards, please. We need defensive wings (the more size, the better).
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:36 am    Post subject:

I think the Lakers would take on a smaller salary (less than 8) for a decent #5 if the opportunity presented itself. I think Rob realizes that there is a hole there. No way he takes on salary for any other position.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:22 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
I think the Lakers would take on a smaller salary (less than 8) for a decent #5 if the opportunity presented itself. I think Rob realizes that there is a hole there. No way he takes on salary for any other position.

AD should be starting at 5, and that is what was discussed with Westbrook pre trade. Bron will play 4, AD the 5, ala Miami. Then they brought in Fizdale who was the one that helped put that plan in place in Miami.

So the way I see this, AD is our starting 5, Bron our 4, two shooters, Westbrook. That’s our starting 5. Dwight comes in off the bench. Gasol is third option C, sometimes moving into the starting 5 as he can space the floor, in match ups that AD may be best served staying out at the 4.

Really think we need to stop playing around and go with AD as our starting 5. With Westbrook, there real is no way you can run a balanced attack without two quality three point shooting threats next to the big 3.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:38 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

AD should be starting at 5, and that is what was discussed with Westbrook pre trade. Bron will play 4, AD the 5, ala Miami. Then they brought in Fizdale who was the one that helped put that plan in place in Miami.

So the way I see this, AD is our starting 5, Bron our 4, two shooters, Westbrook. That’s our starting 5. Dwight comes in off the bench. Gasol is third option C, sometimes moving into the starting 5 as he can space the floor, in match ups that AD may be best served staying out at the 4.

Really think we need to stop playing around and go with AD as our starting 5. With Westbrook, there real is no way you can run a balanced attack without two quality three point shooting threats next to the big 3.

I hear what you are saying Wolf, but the point is we need no guards. I know AD "says" he will play center, but I doubt he exclusively plays the 5. Because he is the most vital component on this team (due to his defensive presence), I really think he is going to be handled with kid gloves this season. I do not see us relying on Gasol (who was a hot mess in the beginning of last season). How much can we actually expect from him. Sure he is smart, can bang, and can stretch the floor a little bit, but I question how much he has left in the tank (and his foot speed is a killer). DH gives us the physicality, rebounding, and rim protection but he clogs up the middle (not conducive with AD and Russ) and can be a knucklehead. "IF" the right 5 came along, I think Rob would pounce on it.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:21 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Who do you have in mind?

Haven't given it any thought. I'm trusting Rob to get the best deal he can for DS. Who's available for a S&T?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: