KENDRICK NUNN Officially a Laker Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pau Gasol's Beard
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:56 pm    Post subject:

I remember he lit us up pretty good in one of the Finals game against the Heat. Excited to have him.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
QFTOS - Heat fans

I’m too lazy to put quotes so here’s the full link

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2112173&start=100

By reading a couple pages they seem upset to be losing him and Ariza
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:22 pm    Post subject:

We got some Chicago boys on this squad. THT/AD/KNunn
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:41 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
We lost a Pope, but got back a Monk and a Nunn.

Extremely well played Jordan-esque!
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:51 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

Extremely well played Jordan-esque!

Beat me to it, was going to start with: Did you hear the one about a Monk and a Nunn enter a bar...
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:52 pm    Post subject:

BTW, of all the signings, Nunn's least excites me. Not sure why. I'm meh about it. But, at least fellow LGers excited about it.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:07 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
BTW, of all the signings, Nunn's least excites me. Not sure why. I'm meh about it. But, at least fellow LGers excited about it.

If it doesn’t pan out he will be a asset to other NBA teams
cirehawk
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:13 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:

I like the signing, but like you I am not OVERLY excited about it. I'm MUCH more excited about the Monk signing. It almost seems like Monk should be the one on the taxpayer mid-level exception and Nunn on the veteran's minmum. But either way, I don't see much of a downside to the deal.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Just to give you on idea on why you should be high on Nunn.

Kendrick Nunn: 29.5 Minutes, 14.6 points, 2.6 assists, 3.2 rebounds, 48.5 FG% (11.8 FGA), 38.1 3P% (5.7 3PA), 93% FT

Dennis Schroder: 32.1 minutes, 15.4 points, 5.8 assists, 3.5 rebounds, 43.7 FG% (12.5 FGA), 33.5 3P% (3.5 3PA), 84.8% FT

Nunn is literally everything WE WISHED Schroder was last season. Nunn being a MUCH BETTER shooter, doesn’t need the ball to be effective (Schroder was useless without the ball in his hands), took much less money and WANTS to be HERE (Schroder literally a week before being traded hated the idea of going to an LA team, and constantly demanded superstar money), and the best part? We have him COMING OFF THE BENCH! (unlike Schroder claiming to be “done with coming off the bench despite going to a championship team and having his best year of his career off the bench).

If a younger, upgraded version of Schroder coming off the bench, at 1/10th the cost for two years, doesn’t get you excited? I don’t know what will.
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:27 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
Definitely made up for Caruso loss and then some. And also securing THT made the day for me. I feel alive with this signing after such a Caruso letdown.

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:27 pm    Post subject:

cirehawk wrote:
DrDent wrote:

I like the signing, but like you I am not OVERLY excited about it. I'm MUCH more excited about the Monk signing. It almost seems like Monk should be the one on the taxpayer mid-level exception and Nunn on the veteran's minmum. But either way, I don't see much of a downside to the deal.

Kendrick Nunn was apart of a Miami Heat team that went to the Finals just over a year ago, he also has some nice athletic ability and can shoot the lights out when he’s hot, I think he deserves the MMLE more then Monk because of his Finals experience not to mention the overall feeling on the internet is that Nunn was the best FA signing by the Lakers, Like I told DrDent if it doesn’t pan out he will be super valuable in trade talks.

Monk will get his chance to cash in once he helps us win #18 next year
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

Kendrick Nunn: 29.5 Minutes, 14.6 points, 2.6 assists, 3.2 rebounds, 48.5 FG% (11.8 FGA), 38.1 3P% (5.7 3PA), 93% FT

Dennis Schroder: 32.1 minutes, 15.4 points, 5.8 assists, 3.5 rebounds, 43.7 FG% (12.5 FGA), 33.5 3P% (3.5 3PA), 84.8% FT

Nunn is literally everything WE WISHED Schroder was last season. Nunn being a MUCH BETTER shooter, doesn’t need the ball to be effective (Schroder was useless without the ball in his hands), took much less money and WANTS to be HERE (Schroder literally a week before being traded hated the idea of going to an LA team, and constantly demanded superstar money), and the best part? We have him COMING OFF THE BENCH! (unlike Schroder claiming to be “done with coming off the bench despite going to a championship team and having his best year of his career off the bench).

If a younger, upgraded version of Schroder coming off the bench, at 1/10th the cost for two years, doesn’t get you excited? I don’t know what will.

Gotcha. Thanks for the stats
cirehawk
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

Well it depends on how you gauge the excitement level. I said I LIKED the move but wasn't OVERLY excited about it. When comparing him to Shroder, am I happy to have someone that provides roughly the same production at 1/10 the cost? You better believe I am. I was moreso comparing Nunn and Monk. Nunn is very solid, but Monk has the "potential" to be star if things fall right. That is the excitement I'M talking about.
cirehawk
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
cirehawk wrote:
DrDent wrote:

Kendrick Nunn was apart of a Miami Heat team that went to the Finals just over a year ago, he also has some nice athletic ability and can shoot the lights out when he’s hot, I think he deserves the MMLE more then Monk because of his Finals experience not to mention the overall feeling on the internet is that Nunn was the best FA signing by the Lakers, Like I told DrDent if it doesn’t pan out he will be super valuable in trade talks.

Monk will get his chance to cash in once he helps us win #18 next year

I won't disagree with anything you said. I don't have a problem with what each of them got paid. As I stated, I like both signings and don't see a real downside to either.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:02 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

Lol
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:05 am    Post subject:

silkwilkes wrote:
Horton-tucker, Malik and Nunn are 3 very good young (relatively) players. AD is only 28 too.

Awesome work Rob!

I hope they could work out and be the core for the future.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:00 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

This. Even though I’m a DS supporter because I don’t think he was as bad as the haters do. DS was mostly good for us unfortunately that ability to spread the floor wasn’t there. But I’m so happy things worked out the way it did.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:56 am    Post subject:

I loved this pickup. He is young and has some talent and is just starting to come into his own. PG usually take longer to figure it out.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:46 am    Post subject:

Nunn, Monk, Melo, gives us THREE microwave (can all get hot in a flash) style scorers off the bench, not sure other teams have this kind of firepower OFFENSIVELY.

To boot since Kendrick's 26 he can be trusted with his experience as he's not a project like THT but instead is fully developed physically and hopefully maturity wise as well.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:51 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Gotcha. Thanks for the stats

Stats for half of the game. Like many young players he struggles defensively. Hopefully Vogel can grow that part of his game.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:30 am    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

Good to see
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:22 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/nunnbetter_/status/1423436018695524364?s=21

👀
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

I like the Nunn addition but Schroder also brings a lot more energy and tenacity on defense.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:40 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/koapaden/status/1422796827712122888?s=21

👀 THT and Nunn working out together
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
https://twitter.com/koapaden/status/1422796827712122888?s=21

👀 THT and Nunn working out together

Gonna be a stud young backcourt. Then you got Monk. Will be interesting to see how Vogel figures out the mins/rotations.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 3 of 30
Jump to: