K-POP 🌎 Domination Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:19 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
A thread of Twice Jeongyeon as MC dancing to Blackpink kinda.

https://twitter.com/imsupercap/status/1420441358582444037?s=21

Jeongyeon long legs with short shorts What a wholesome thread! Fans including myself forget she was Inkigayo MC while with Twice.

Another one: Jeongyeon dancing to Blackpink’s Whistle @18 sec mark.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Still the hottest MLB commercials:

Commercial 1

Commercial 2
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:14 pm    Post subject:

XTC wrote:
gblews wrote:
But to me, BP have so much charisma, and unlike so many of the other groups, I like a lot of their songs. Helps that 3 of the members are fluent in Eng. Makes Jenny and Lisa’s rapping much more compelling. Waiting for Lisa’s solo.

Looking forward to her debut as well — Lisa posted some images related to her solo a few days ago, thought it was going to be released this week. With things on hiatus for the Olympics, they still have time to release it before she hits the music show circuit.

As much as I enjoy their solo, I wish BP would make another group comeback soon. It’s been a whole year already with no real group news. This month is actually their 5th anniversary too.
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
XTC wrote:
gblews wrote:
But to me, BP have so much charisma, and unlike so many of the other groups, I like a lot of their songs. Helps that 3 of the members are fluent in Eng. Makes Jenny and Lisa’s rapping much more compelling. Waiting for Lisa’s solo.

Looking forward to her debut as well — Lisa posted some images related to her solo a few days ago, thought it was going to be released this week. With things on hiatus for the Olympics, they still have time to release it before she hits the music show circuit.

As much as I enjoy their solo, I wish BP would make another group comeback soon. It’s been a whole year already with no real group news. This month is actually their 5th anniversary too.

Blinks have been patient with YG over the years, yet it's a slow drip from the faucet. Aside from activity on the periphery with the solos,「THE ALBUM -JP Ver.-」and the documentary on their 5th anniverary date, that comeback seems elusive. Still hoping for some BP news as well. Contrast that with ONCEs who consistently have something new from TWICE.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:10 pm    Post subject:

XTC wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
XTC wrote:
gblews wrote:

Blinks have been patient with YG over the years, yet it's a slow drip from the faucet. Aside from activity on the periphery with the solos,「THE ALBUM -JP Ver.-」and the documentary on their 5th anniverary date, that comeback seems elusive. Still hoping for some BP news as well. Contrast that with ONCEs who consistently have something new from TWICE.

Ikr! BP only have 19-20 songs so far, Twice already has over 100+ and that’s not including Japanese or it would be like 130. It’s like complete extremes what both companies are doing for both Blinks and Once’s.

Btw, Red Velvet’s comeback is tonight!
gblews
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:48 pm    Post subject:

XTC wrote:
gblews wrote:

Glad to hear she’s stable. These companies work these kids too death.
Quote:
Speaking of Mamamoo, what do you think of Moon Byul’s rapping? How does it compare with others you’ve heard? The word is that she’s in the mix with Soyeon (G)i-dle, Jennie/Lisa as the best female rappers in kpop. Then there’s also Dami of Dreamcatcher, she can hold her own, however she doesn’t get to showcase her skills as often due to the group’s rock concept.

I think she is a cut above most of the female Kpop rappers I’v heard, but I wouldn’t put her on Lisa,Jenny, and Soyeon’s level. What do you think?

BTW, who is Dami? I’m not at all familiar with her.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:00 pm    Post subject:

I’m obsessed with TWICE’s new J-album especially “Pieces of Love”.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=STXZfrHPPZM

I don’t even know what genre the song is...?

Sounds like something from the early 90’s but it has good instrumental, beats, and uplifting lyrics. I think that’s why I like Twice and attracted me to K-pop, unlike most western songs these days that are just about problems and sexualization, Twice songs have good messages and one can’t help but be happy.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:36 pm    Post subject:

gblews wrote:
XTC wrote:

Speaking of Mamamoo, what do you think of Moon Byul’s rapping? How does it compare with others you’ve heard? The word is that she’s in the mix with Soyeon (G)i-dle, Jennie/Lisa as the best female rappers in kpop. Then there’s also Dami of Dreamcatcher, she can hold her own, however she doesn’t get to showcase her skills as often due to the group’s rock concept.

I think she is a cut above most of the female Kpop rappers I’v heard, but I wouldn’t put her on Lisa,Jenny, and Soyeon’s level. What do you think?

BTW, who is Dami? I’m not at all familiar with her.

Moon Byul's rhythm/flow and technique are up there and she writes her own material, however agree that Soyeon along with Lisa/Jennie are in a league of their own.

Dami's from a little-known group called Dreamcatcher, they've been flying under the radar for the past few years. Someone put together a video with sample clips of Soyeon's rapping in contrast with Dami's:

Dreamcatcher just released their latest -comeback-, they've never gotten more than a few million views in the first 48 hours until now. Their concept was considered risky as it combined a horror genre with elements of rock; it was a hard sell in Korea but more widely-accepted internationally. Looks like they're finally gaining some traction domestically after all of these years.
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

Sounds like something from the early 90’s but it has good instrumental, beats, and uplifting lyrics. I think that’s why I like Twice and attracted me to K-pop, unlike most western songs these days that are just about problems and sexualization, Twice songs have good messages and one can’t help but be happy.

Refreshing to hear a song coming from a place of positivity and encouragement -- a reason for hope and optimism. It seems to be rare in Western songs nowadays. Instrumental is very familiar, agree seems 90s or early 2000s. Great to see Jeongyeon getting lines.
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
XTC wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Ikr! BP only have 19-20 songs so far, Twice already has over 100+ and that’s not including Japanese or it would be like 130. It’s like complete extremes what both companies are doing for both Blinks and Once’s.

Hope these companies can find some sort of balance, JYPE puts Twice through the ringer while YG shrugs with the same line "quality over quantity."

As for Red Velvet, it's been too long since the ReVe Festival. Hoping they were going to release it this weekend -- looks like Queendom is scheduled for Aug 16 6pm KST (2am PDT, 5am EDT)!

Btw, Wendy debuted as the next DJ on the long-running radio show Young Street, she's had other kpop group members on as guests.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:56 pm    Post subject:

XTC wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
XTC wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Hope these companies can find some sort of balance, JYPE puts Twice through the ringer while YG shrugs with the same line "quality over quantity."

As for Red Velvet, it's been too long since the ReVe Festival. Hoping they were going to release it this weekend -- looks like Queendom is scheduled for Aug 16 6pm KST (2am PDT, 5am EDT)!

Btw, Wendy debuted as the next DJ on the long-running radio show Young Street, she's had other kpop group members on as guests.

You’re right it’s on the 16th, for some reason I thought it was the 1st but that was just their anniversary special. I was watching the anniversary and something just felt off. Couple members were just kind of quiet. Does it feel like they lost steam these last year and half they weren’t active? Maybe even some fans?
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
XTC wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

You’re right it’s on the 16th, for some reason I thought it was the 1st but that was just their anniversary special. I was watching the anniversary and something just felt off. Couple members were just kind of quiet. Does it feel like they lost steam these last year and half they weren’t active? Maybe even some fans?

I noticed that too, there's usually a flow, but it's been a long hiatus so there have been some changes. New side gigs: Seulgi's the MC for her new talk show Seulgi Zip (w/ guests like aespa) while Wendy's hosting that Young Street radio show; both seem more comfortable with the setting than Irene and Yeri. Within the past year, Irene also had that publicized issue with her stylist which may have changed how some feel about her. It's also the group's 7th year, so there's an anticipation for renewal news. Hoping with the comeback, they'll all be back in rhythm soon enough with ReVeluvs all back in force.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:23 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

I just wish their Japanese albums weren’t so expensive and that it came with all the good stuff like Korean albums do.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:27 am    Post subject:

XTC wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
XTC wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

I noticed that too, there's usually a flow, but it's been a long hiatus so there have been some changes. New side gigs: Seulgi's the MC for her new talk show Seulgi Zip (w/ guests like aespa) while Wendy's hosting that Young Street radio show; both seem more comfortable with the setting than Irene and Yeri. Within the past year, Irene also had that publicized issue with her stylist which may have changed how some feel about her. It's also the group's 7th year, so there's an anticipation for renewal news. Hoping with the comeback, they'll all be back in rhythm soon enough with ReVeluvs all back in force.

I listened to their teaser, very different kind of vibe. I don’t know why I was expecting something like Umpah Umpah, but we’ll see.
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
XTC wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

I listened to their teaser, very different kind of vibe. I don’t know why I was expecting something like Umpah Umpah, but we’ll see.

Probably a b-side track, SM has often done this before w/ mood samplers. Album should still be red side concept since the previous era was a velvet concept. That red car reminds me of the opening from the Umpah Umpah opening. More images/teasers on the way.
Iron Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:41 am    Post subject:

Blackpink the Movie is out now, although locations are very limited.
Iron Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:25 pm    Post subject:

TWICE’s full English single title announced:
https://twitter.com/jypetwice/status/1423494040658534405?s=21
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Iron Mamba wrote:

YASSSS!

Time for a sexy Twice vid (re-posted because I love it!)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yKkpNUT0UA0&t=23s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Iron Mamba wrote:

I’m glad they seem to be going classic for their American release.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:10 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T-OUHK_CDMs

Color concept feels very Heart Shaker-esque and I’m all for it!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:06 pm    Post subject:

MTV K-pop nominations:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1483355wpp/bts-nominated-for-five-awards-at-2021-mtv-vmas-blackpink-twice-seventeen-gi-dle-and-monsta-x-snag-nods-for-best-k-pop

BTS is the only K-pop group nominated in 2 or more categories, while all other K-pop groups are nominated under K-pop.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:43 pm    Post subject:

If MTV is fan voting then just give it to BTS.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T-OUHK_CDMs

Color concept feels very Heart Shaker-esque and I’m all for it!

Excited to see what the next TTT theme will be. Supposedly “scary” according to Nayeon.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:46 am    Post subject:

Anyone a fan of Weeekly? Have loved 3 of their last 4 comeback songs. Their like my younger version of Twice since I never got to experience Twice in their younger years.

Their latest comeback song is 🥰 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TXGz3DTyfkk
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:11 am    Post subject:

Sad news about Jeongyeon from girl group Twice (link).

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7
Jump to: