Who would you choose to be the Lakers next PG?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you choose to be Lakers PG
Chris Paul
53%
 53%  [ 21 ]
Russell Westbrook
46%
 46%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 39

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:43 am    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:
Kyle Lowry.

Not in the mix

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:45 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
RashardA wrote:
Kyle Lowry.

Not in the mix

Why not?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:50 am    Post subject:

Ask Houston and then ask the OKC the past 3 seasons.

Chris Paul over Westbrook. He actually impacts the teams in a positive way and in a greater way than Westbrook does. Look at what CP3 did with Harden, and then look what Westbrook did the next season. Look what Westbrook did with PG, and then look what Chris Paul did with an OKC team without PG at all.

Chris Paul over Westbrook 10 times out of 10.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:01 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Point?

Lebron.

If we have a 2021-22 starting lineup of:

Caruso
KCP
Bron
AD
random rim-protecting C

I'm very happy, as long as we have a good amount of bench firepower

I love AC but he is not a starting PG caliber player. He would get exposed IMO and it's better for him to pick his spots as an elite bench player.
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:05 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
CP3 is the one that makes the most sense in comparison to Rondo, and what playoff Rondo was about. He would be great. He would be playing a lot less minutes and would mainly be there to set up the offense and organise things, and then Bron could take over later in games.

The odds are low we can pull it off. I mean CP3 would need to be convinced Suns wouldn’t win a chip. That’s hard to say because they’re young and just went to 6 games in the NBA Finals . Saying they "reached" game 6 really isn't much to hang their hat on when they were up 2-0 before getting the receiving end of a backdoor sweep.

Let’s say he does prefer the Lakers route and odds he then has to convince Sarvar that he is walking for nothing. We don’t wanna give up too much though, sort of like we did with Steve Nash in 2012.

I think Lonzo Ball is a great Rondo replacement as well. Just not sure if he would be let go. The klutch thing helps us, but again, we would need to give the Pels a lot of picks and players. I would just speculate - Kuz, 22 pick this year, future picks etc. and we are hard capped. If Ball is BYC that makes it even tougher.

He's kidding himself if he thinks they have as good, or greater chance of getting back to the finals next season. The West will be better, healthier, and stronger next season. I'm not saying it's impossible for PHX to make it back, but they were very fortunate to face all 3 opponents in the West that didn't have star(s) playing, or playing at 100%. There's no certainty that happens next season.

CP3 can work with either Booker/Ayton or Bron/AD, but his chances to win a championship next season are greater with Bron/AD. Let's be real. CP3 can easily make that happen simply by opting out and signing with the Lakers. There are two problems with that though, 1) he'd be turning down an insane amount of money, and 2) as the President of the Player's Association, bailing on a team he helped reach the finals, then opting out this mega contract to go form a super team for a fraction of the cost would cause terrible optics.

NBA legacies are built on championships. Malone, Stockton, Barkley, Ewing, et al. aren't held in the same regard as other great players that actually won a championship. All the personal accolades are good, but actually winning the championship puts them into another echelon of legends. I would think CP3 wants to be talked about among the legends when his playing days are over. He has to think that his chances are better with Bron/AD, but doing so will come with a financial sacrifice, and lots of ire and criticism. I can't see the Lakers being able to trade for CP3 and his $40M+ salary and still fill out a championship caliber supporting cast. CP3 would need opt out and sign with the Lakers outright, or opt out and do a S&T for a lesser AAV.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Lamar's Bud wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
CP3 is the one that makes the most sense in comparison to Rondo, and what playoff Rondo was about. He would be great. He would be playing a lot less minutes and would mainly be there to set up the offense and organise things, and then Bron could take over later in games.

The odds are low we can pull it off. I mean CP3 would need to be convinced Suns wouldn’t win a chip. That’s hard to say because they’re young and just went to 6 games in the NBA Finals . Saying they "reached" game 6 really isn't much to hang their hat on when they were up 2-0 before getting the receiving end of a backdoor sweep.

Let’s say he does prefer the Lakers route and odds he then has to convince Sarvar that he is walking for nothing. We don’t wanna give up too much though, sort of like we did with Steve Nash in 2012.

I think Lonzo Ball is a great Rondo replacement as well. Just not sure if he would be let go. The klutch thing helps us, but again, we would need to give the Pels a lot of picks and players. I would just speculate - Kuz, 22 pick this year, future picks etc. and we are hard capped. If Ball is BYC that makes it even tougher.

He's kidding himself if he thinks they have as good, or greater chance of getting back to the finals next season. The West will be better, healthier, and stronger next season. I'm not saying it's impossible for PHX to make it back, but they were very fortunate to face all 3 opponents in the West that didn't have star(s) playing, or playing at 100%. There's no certainty that happens next season.

CP3 can work with either Booker/Ayton or Bron/AD, but his chances to win a championship next season are greater with Bron/AD. Let's be real. CP3 can easily make that happen simply by opting out and signing with the Lakers. There are two problems with that though, 1) he'd be turning down an insane amount of money, and 2) as the President of the Player's Association, bailing on a team he helped reach the finals, then opting out this mega contract to go form a super team for a fraction of the cost would cause terrible optics.

NBA legacies are built on championships. Malone, Stockton, Barkley, Ewing, et al. aren't held in the same regard as other great players that actually won a championship. All the personal accolades are good, but actually winning the championship puts them into another echelon of legends. I would think CP3 wants to be talked about among the legends when his playing days are over. He has to think that his chances are better with Bron/AD, but doing so will come with a financial sacrifice, and lots of ire and criticism. I can't see the Lakers being able to trade for CP3 and his $40M+ salary and still fill out a championship caliber supporting cast. CP3 would need opt out and sign with the Lakers outright, or opt out and do a S&T for a lesser AAV.

Almost nobody will talk about CP3s ring chasing in a couple of years anymore. So this is not an issue in CP3s mind. Money might be one but maybe he feels he has enough and it doesn't make him as happy as chasing/having a ring.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:20 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
I would prefer Doncic over either of the two listed options given his youth, upside potential, and superior shooting.

Neither are in the mix.

Why not?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:06 pm    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:
jodeke wrote:
RashardA wrote:
Kyle Lowry.

Not in the mix

Why not?

Only 2 PG were discussed on ESPN this morning. Lowry wasn't one. I made another poll about PG. He's on the list.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
WC13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:40 pm    Post subject:

If it's between those 2...

Russell Westbrook by miles.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:59 pm    Post subject:

Not sure how CP3 is leading this poll. Did we not learn from Steve Nash? We have one PG that is perpetually injured and close to retirement. We have another PG that is close to his athletic prime and went on a tear to end last season while leading the league in assists.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Cp3 is old, I know he had a good year but I think his production is ready to drop like a rock like often happens to 36-37 year olds, don’t like Westbrook’s game so neither of those two guys….

My choice if the lakers could get him would be Damian Lilliard
LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:08 pm    Post subject:

I want lillard but if not Westbrook solely off his age
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:38 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Not sure how CP3 is leading this poll. Did we not learn from Steve Nash? We have one PG that is perpetually injured and close to retirement. We have another PG that is close to his athletic prime and went on a tear to end last season while leading the league in assists.

They are both in that danger group age wise. Westbrook will be 33 last season and he is far more reliant on his athleticism than Chris Paul is. But in terms of fit Westbrook is a poor fit, where Paul is ideal.

Westbrook would be great when Lebron is on the bench but that is only going to be for about 15 minutes per game. I'd rather have the ball in Lebron's hand rather than Westbrooks, but that then creates spacing problems if they are both in the game.

I'd rather pass on both and get someone younger and cheaper. But if the choice is one of these two and giving up assets for them I'd much rather have Paul.
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:07 pm    Post subject:

Would this just be a completely ridiculous/unrealistic trade idea? -

Schroeder, THT, and Kuz to Indy for Malcolm Brogdon and Myles Turner (Salaries would match up).

PG - Brogdon
SG - KCP
SF - LBJ
PF - AD
C- Turner
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:23 pm    Post subject:

how about "Hell Nyet" as option 3?
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:30 pm    Post subject:

CP3 would be a monumental mistake at his age and salary imo when mixed with two already max salary question marks health wise in Bron and AD.

As hard of a pass as humanly possible on both CP3 and Westbrook. No way we make it into the Playoffs healthy on top of having a very likely brutally awful bench. We're in a scary position right now where a wrong move or two could easily take us out of contention real fast but we're also a move or two away from being a top contender. I'd much rather hold out hope for another move then touch either of these awful choices.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:30 am    Post subject:

Only way I take CP3 is if he opts out and takes the mmle, i.e. low risk scenario. He’s a great player but his age and health have to be a concern at this point.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:31 am    Post subject:

For the purpose of this poll...Russ. Maybe I'm suffering from Steve Nash PTSD, but I've got a feeling CP3 is about to fall off a cliff.

That being said, neither of those two are perfect solutions.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:40 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
For the purpose of this poll...Russ. Maybe I'm suffering from Steve Nash PTSD, but I've got a feeling CP3 is about to fall off a cliff.

That being said, neither of those two are perfect solutions.

Blame FirstTake for asking the question and limiting it to two choices.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: