Playoff Discussion (potential Laker opponents)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 429, 430, 431 ... 433, 434, 435  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:36 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
The Bucks are just not a good matchup for the Suns imo.

They have too much beef for the Suns to handle. The Lakers were too injured. Denver isn’t that type of team and neither are the Clippers.

Bucks just physically beat down the Suns. They also had their version of Caruso in Holiday who neutralized Booker or CP3 depending on assignment.

The Suns just never faced a team like the Bucks that could beat them down. The Lakers, if healthy, would have done the same.

L
Imagine that,
AD in Giannis role
Morris/Kuz in PJ
Caruso/DD in Holiday
Gasol in Lopez
KCP in Pat

But instead of Middleton, we have LeBron, man this one slipped thru our fingers
Luis5150
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:45 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
troy wrote:
No one is discussing the fact that a Suns team with two superstars and who beat the Lakers and the Clippers lost FOUR. GAMES. IN. A. ROW. in the NBA finals.

It's inexcusable.

The weirdest thing about these finals is that there was only one game where the Bucks looked like the clear-cut better team.

Suns were clearly better in games 1 and 2

Bucks were clearly better in game 3

The rest of the games were evenly matched, despite Giannis putting up godly numbers.

I guess it's indicative of how far the 3pt shot has come, and teams can straight up trade 2s for 3s without missing a beat.

People will say the Suns were inexperienced, but CP3 and Crowder have played in 200+ combined playoff games. The onus was on them to reel guys like Booker and Ayton in.

The Bucks won it because the Suns didn't adjust. Bud ran circles around Monty. Booker played with tunnel vision and refused to make plays for his teammates. CP3 didn't take advantage of the PnR schemes. Ayton needed TONS of lobs thrown to him when the Bucks went small. They made all these silly mistakes that cost them the series.

No... the Bucks won it because they were the bigger team with a stud defender on Holiday at the guard position. How was Monty Williams supposed to adjust to that? The Suns were simply too small, with nobody to guard Giannis and after losing Saric to injury, they had no big behind Ayton on the bench. Suns got obliterated on the boards. And had the Lakers been healthy with AD hitting his stride on game 3, that would have been end game for the Shmuns
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:54 pm    Post subject:

^ naw. The bucks won cuz the refs! Probably said by some suns fan. 😁

But it does seem like the refs allowed more physicality in the finals compared to the regular season. Either that, or since they use the best refs (the ones that make a higher % of correct calls) perhaps the games in the finals are actually called how they're supposed to be.
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:11 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
^ naw. The bucks won cuz the refs! Probably said by some suns fan. 😁

But it does seem like the refs allowed more physicality in the finals compared to the regular season. Either that, or since they use the best refs (the ones that make a higher % of correct calls) perhaps the games in the finals are actually called how they're supposed to be.

the nets fans are far more vocal than suns.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Giannis quote:

Quote:
Malika Andrews
@malika_andrews

β€œWe might never win another one. It's fine. We did it. We did what we're supposed to do. And I’d rather do it this way β€” win one this way than go somewhere else in a super team and win two or three.”

I don't know about that fam.
Ideally you want to win multiple rings with your drafted team.
I respect your choice, but if the choice is 1 or 3, I gotta go with the latter.

I’ll take multiple. Thanks

Maybe he is talking to Aaron Rodgers
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:20 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
The Bucks are just not a good matchup for the Suns imo.

They have too much beef for the Suns to handle. The Lakers were too injured. Denver isn’t that type of team and neither are the Clippers.

Bucks just physically beat down the Suns. They also had their version of Caruso in Holiday who neutralized Booker or CP3 depending on assignment.

The Suns just never faced a team like the Bucks that could beat them down. The Lakers, if healthy, would have done the same.

L
Imagine that,
AD in Giannis role
Morris/Kuz in PJ
Caruso/DD in Holiday
Gasol in Lopez
KCP in Pat

But instead of Middleton, we have LeBron, man this one slipped thru our fingers

Injuries happen. The Bucks and the 2019-2020 Lakers had a lot in common.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
C M B wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
C M B wrote:
Giannis deserves better teammates than Khris Middlington

Hmm, Kris carried him to the finals. But yes, they take turns disappearing.

That bootleg Glen Rice did not carry anybody.

Bootleg Glen Rice. LOL! I see a different game. Rice had inferior handles. Bootleg Shaq in Freak. That's just a bootleg team that puts no fear in anybody. Reminds me of the Dwight Howard Magic in 2009. I had zero fear of him and the Magic... was relieved we didn't have to go against Lebron.

that.s gonna be a big yikes from me, dawg

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -β‰₯β‰₯β‰₯β‰₯β‰₯Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Giannis went to Chik-Fil-A and ordered 50 chicken minis. The worker seemingly had no idea who he was. She probably just thought he was some madman… β€œNot 51, not 49, 50.”

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/the-unwavering-belief-of-giannis-antetokounmpo-now-nba-champion-and-finals-mvp/

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:50 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
C M B wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
C M B wrote:
Giannis deserves better teammates than Khris Middlington

Hmm, Kris carried him to the finals. But yes, they take turns disappearing.

That bootleg Glen Rice did not carry anybody.

Bootleg Glen Rice. LOL! I see a different game. Rice had inferior handles. Bootleg Shaq in Freak. That's just a bootleg team that puts no fear in anybody. Reminds me of the Dwight Howard Magic in 2009. I had zero fear of him and the Magic... was relieved we didn't have to go against Lebron.

that.s gonna be a big yikes from me, dawg

Why you gotta bring up old stuff? Let the past be the past.

But I mean, are we going to see either of these teams in the finals next season? It had to be a perfect storm for them, and for some reason, Monty Williams had a brain fart in the finals. Giannis wasn't allowed to play one on one like this. Every year he's befuddled by double teams and walls. For some reason, this was how Phoenix decided to play D. I still do not fear them with a healthy squad. But I give credit to the Freak for putting on a show.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:58 am    Post subject:

We could see the Bucks again in the Finals
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:28 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Giannis quote:

Quote:
Malika Andrews
@malika_andrews

β€œWe might never win another one. It's fine. We did it. We did what we're supposed to do. And I’d rather do it this way β€” win one this way than go somewhere else in a super team and win two or three.”

I don't know about that fam.
Ideally you want to win multiple rings with your drafted team.
I respect your choice, but if the choice is 1 or 3, I gotta go with the latter.

I’ll take multiple. Thanks

I think Giannis really was making a β€œlive in the moment and tomorrow’s not promised” type of comment.

Still has a somewhat hard time expressing himself when English is not his first language. His American Wife and teammates are definitely improving his English though.
8 years in America and he’s gotten a whole lot better compared to his early years where he sounded like Borat.

Like most people mentioned in here, the Bucks are still gonna be a problem for years to come.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:19 am    Post subject:

Damn, just read CP3 is the first player to lose 4 playoff series being up 2-0
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:29 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:51 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
governator wrote:

Quote:
Sorry Chris, rings are for closers.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:53 am    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
epic_ wrote:
governator wrote:

Quote:

Chris, you truly are the greatest leader in the NBA. Greatest at leading teams to losing playoffs series after being up 2-0.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:05 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Honestly all that would change immediately if he was come to the Lakers and team up with Bron and AD.

Lebron would never let Jrue snatch the rock from him in crunch time and no way AD gets annihilated like Ayton did against Giannis.
I’d like our chances against Brooklyn as well.

Oh well looks like this ship has sailed ever since David Stern said FU to all of us at LakersNation.

Lowry and Derozan would suffice
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:18 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
governator wrote:

Honestly all that would change immediately if he was come to the Lakers and team up with Bron and AD.

)

maybe but lets look at history/facts. CP3 is always hurt especially during playoffs. Bron 2 of the 3 years here has had injuries. The year he didnt he had more rest than ever before and will even happen again at least during his time.

So we cant use injury as an excuse if these things that happen, happen.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:34 am    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
epic_ wrote:
governator wrote:

Quote:

Somewhere Rondo is working with Creative on a remake of the Kobe/LeBron puppet commercials

"Have you seen my championship rings CP? I seem to have lost my multiple championship rings. You're an expert at losing things, so I thought I'd check with you"
LoPro4u2c
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:55 pm    Post subject:

https://www.usab.com/mens/national-team/oly-schedule.aspx

Looking at Olympics semifinals and gold medal games here and the time stamp is very confusing but I think I got it right so here it goes:

For starters, Tokyo is 16 hours ahead of us west coasters, 13 hours ahead of east coast. If its, say 10 am here, its 2 am over there. 1 pm in east coast, 2 am over there. Add 12 hours, it becomes 10 pm. Add 4 more, its 2 am.

Now, looking at the seminfinals schedule. The early game is 12:15 am, August 5 east coast time, Japan time 1:15 pm August 5. For us west coasters, its 9:15 pm August 4. The second game is 7 am August 5 ect, 8 pm Japan time. For west coasters its 4 am August 5.

Gold medal game is 10:30 pm East Coast Time August 6, Japan time 11:30 am August 7. For west coasters, 7:30 pm August 6. If USA played early semifinal game and made it to the gold medal game, its less than 46 hours of rest. If they played the latter semifinal game and made it to the gold medal game, its less or around 39 hours of rest.

Hope this cleared the potential confusion when less than 2 weeks come up.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:46 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
governator wrote:

Lebron would never let Jrue snatch the rock from him in crunch time and no way AD gets annihilated like Ayton did against Giannis.
I’d like our chances against Brooklyn as well.

Oh well looks like this ship has sailed ever since David Stern said FU to all of us at LakersNation.

Lowry and Derozan would suffice

The Ayton talk got shut up real quick after this last series .. He's still a solid player but he would have looked very similar against the Lakers with AD close to full health imo as well. He's nowhere close to elite but in a league with very few legit big men that are also skilled he has thrived against many until he faces one of the few actual elites. A big reason I didn't think the Suns would make it as far as they did but they hit the injury lottery until they got to the Finals.

AD with Bron sprinkled in is still the best defensive front court against Giannis by a large margin too.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:25 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
epic_ wrote:
governator wrote:

Quote:

Chris, you truly are the greatest leader in the NBA. Greatest at leading teams to losing playoffs series after being up 2-0.

What a floor general !
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:48 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Slim to no chance with a healthy Nets team. If we face the Bucks (while both teams are healthy), we will destroy them. The Nets are the matchup where it's tough to say what will happen because of their prolific scoring and effortless ability to make shots that are difficult/impossible for most of the rest of the league.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:53 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Slim to no chance with a healthy Nets team. If we face the Bucks (while both teams are healthy), we will destroy them. The Nets are the matchup where it's tough to say what will happen because of their prolific scoring and effortless ability to make shots that are difficult/impossible for most of the rest of the league.

Bucks aren't as young as people think they are. JRue (31), Middleton (30), Lopez (33) and Tucker (36) all being a year older decreases their chances of repeating. Unless they take part in load management, the 82 game season will take a major toll on them. All it takes is one hamstring issue ALA Conley. I don't think they repeat if the Nets are healthy. As good as Giannis is, Nets were literally inches from beating them without Kyrie and a hurt Harden. I don't think Joe Harris, one of the best shooters in the league, flubs again.

IMO healthiest team will probably win, but the Nets at their healthiest or even semi-healthiest are better by a mile than most teams. The only question will be how much wear and tear Durant has on his body. He wasn't supposed to be godlike after the achilles tear. Maybe he falls back down to earth.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Bucks have the best player in the world. Battle tested. Three best players in prime.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Bucks have the best player in the world. Battle tested. Three best players in prime.

I don't know.
I don't think anyone fears the dear.

For some reason, Phoenix didn't build a wall against Giannis.
I thought they would at least have the other guys try to beat them.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 429, 430, 431 ... 433, 434, 435  Next
Page 430 of 435
Jump to: