Official MONTREZL "6th Man of Year" HARRELL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:58 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
So im hearing different things im need someone to clear it up for me? If he opts in does that mean he is an asset to use for a trade or he will have a NTC meaning we cant trade him without his permission? Please someone explain to me im super dumb lol.

Not super dumb...just not super familiar...yet.

If he opts in, that’s 9.7m in trade fodder. He cannot void a potential trade if he opts in. However, he can opt out and sign a new non-bird 1+1 deal starting at 11.2m (that can pay him up to 23m total over 2 years). If he does that, then he does get a built in NTC within that new contract.

If he agrees to opt out and facilitate a S&t to a new team, obviously he consented on that arrangement and will not be able to block that type of deal either.

If you aggregate Trez’s 9.7m to Kcp/Kuz’s combined 26m, then we have the ability to trade for as much as 44.7m in salary (ie enough for every max player including Russ and Cp3 (once he opts in to his PO).

Btw, check my sig to get familiar
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:05 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
logical24 wrote:
So im hearing different things im need someone to clear it up for me? If he opts in does that mean he is an asset to use for a trade or he will have a NTC meaning we cant trade him without his permission? Please someone explain to me im super dumb lol.

Not super dumb...just not super familiar...yet.

If he opts in, that’s 9.7m in trade fodder. He cannot void a potential trade if he opts in. However, he can opt out and sign a new non-bird 1+1 deal starting at 11.2m (that can pay him up to 23m total over 2 years). If he does that, then he does get a built in NTC within that new contract.

If he agrees to opt out and facilitate a S&t to a new team, obviously he consented on that arrangement and will not be able to block that type of deal either.

If you aggregate Trez’s 9.7m to Kcp/Kuz’s combined 26m, then we have the ability to trade for as much as 44.7m in salary (ie enough for every max player including Russ and Cp3 (once he opts in to his PO).

Btw, check my sig to get familiar

Y'all know we big game hunting
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:17 pm    Post subject:

76ers would’ve better if they added kcp, kuzma and 22
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Montrezl Harrell's underrated season

At times, Harrell looked like the difference-maker the Lakers hoped they would be getting. At other times, he flew under the radar.

Harrell wasn’t a different player across the hallway in the purple and gold this season. Per Synergy, he ranked in the 95th percentile as a roll man in the pick and roll. The problem was that he had his amount of possessions per game in the pick and roll halved this season.

Those possessions were largely replaced with cuts and dump-off passes under the basket, which rose from 13.5% of his plays with the Clippers to 23.1% with the Lakers. He still ranked in the 73rd percentile on those possessions in general, and in the 85th percentile on basket cuts and passes under the basket, specifically. In fact, across the board, Harrell was as efficient or better offensively this season. He graded out as a 96th percentile player, up from the 89th percentile last season.

Where, then, was the downside to his season?

The most noticeable part was how much fewer possessions he had this season. Despite playing six more games this season than last, he played just under 200 fewer minutes. He had almost 5.4 fewer possessions per game offensively, per Synergy. What made him so effective — and served as the team’s(when with the Clippers) downfall — was that he was their preferred big man. With the Lakers, he was balancing those minutes with any number of other role players, along with LeBron James and Anthony Davis.
https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2021/7/22/22587510/lakers-season-review-montrezl-harrell-contract-option-trade-free-agency
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:54 pm    Post subject:

Yet the Clippers didn’t want him back. There were issues at play that weren’t part of on the court activities.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:00 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Yet the Clippers didn’t want him back. There were issues at play that weren’t part of on the court activities.

They thought they had it better with Ibaka whom they thought would do what Harrell did but with added defense. What they got was an Ibaka that dealt with back injuries all season, missed a lot of games, started, and didn't perform better than the level Harrell did.

Glad they got Ibaka and we got Harrell.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:04 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

So how did he spurn them by signing with us?
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:31 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Like what? You don't know (bleep)
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Trez.
I wish you the best in your future endeavors!
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
misterchipmunk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:21 pm    Post subject:

As much as he didn't fit here, at least he opted in and allowed the Lakers to trade him. He could've screwed us if he did opt out.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:10 pm    Post subject:

I feel bad for Trez, he scarified money to go to the Lakers who then proceeded to not even play him right and then they immediately trade him away to the lowly Wizards as soon as he opts in
I never was a fan of getting Trez but if you get him you need to play to his strengths so that it dwarfs his weaknesses. Dennis and Trez should have been looked in a gym with Phil Handy all summer to recreate that chemistry he had with Lou but it feels like that was never something the coaches tried to implement. The Lebron+Trez PnR was very effective the few times we used it but yeah... why did we only use it a few times???
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:22 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
I feel bad for Trez, he scarified money to go to the Lakers who then proceeded to not even play him right and then they immediately trade him away to the lowly Wizards as soon as he opts in
I never was a fan of getting Trez but if you get him you need to play to his strengths so that it dwarfs his weaknesses. Dennis and Trez should have been looked in a gym with Phil Handy all summer to recreate that chemistry he had with Lou but it feels like that was never something the coaches tried to implement. The Lebron+Trez PnR was very effective the few times we used it but yeah... why did we only use it a few times???

Yeah, I don't understand the signing if you weren't going to play him correctly. The Lakers knew his shortcomings prior to signing him, so I don't understand his situation at all.

However, I don't think he was blindsided or anything with regards to the trade. He opted in to get his money, and he's probably happy he'll get a chance to showcase his skills in Washington to prep for another free agency.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:31 am    Post subject:

Very glad that he decided to opt in and allowed us to use him for a trade
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:30 am    Post subject:

Well, I liked ya but you never seemed 100% happy here. Hope your next situation works out for ya. Thanks for opting in and helping us out on the way out.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:54 am    Post subject:

Good riddance to this guy.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:38 am    Post subject:

Trezz was a real one for helping us out in opting in when he didn't have to. I always appreciate that willingness from a player.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66
Page 66 of 66
Jump to: