OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6374, 6375, 6376 ... 6478, 6479, 6480  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Dec 2004
Posts: 4280

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Montrezl opting in (possibly)?
_________________
Build around team players, not ISO players.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
AD23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jul 2019
Posts: 1596

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:29 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
MJST wrote:
deal wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Marc Spears on the Max Kellerman show (with Michael Eaves).

"From what I hear, not speaking for him. But from what I hear. Russ would only want out if Beal wants out."

Paraphrased. Nothing mind blowing. Just normal logical takes. Also said the WB to Lakers stuff is just talks. Not like they're close to a deal. Talks go on all the time in the NBA.



They should both stay. Build a team there.

We need to build a complete team around Lebron & AD.


We did. AD and LeBron just got injured.



Exactly why we can't just bring in just one $40mm player, he won't cover a
Lebron or AD injury hole with a bunch of min players...


Neither will a bunch of role players.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AD23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jul 2019
Posts: 1596

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:30 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
Montrezl opting in (possibly)?


Old news Our boy IG broke it pages ago
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LGFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 07 Jun 2021
Posts: 872

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Quote:
Pincus: “I think Kuzma’s ready to move on (from the Lakers).”


as long as we get some value for him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AD23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jul 2019
Posts: 1596

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:32 pm    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Quote:
Pincus: “I think Kuzma’s ready to move on (from the Lakers).”


as long as we get some value for him


We will... addition by subtraction
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 31565

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:32 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
deal wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Marc Spears on the Max Kellerman show (with Michael Eaves).

"From what I hear, not speaking for him. But from what I hear. Russ would only want out if Beal wants out."

Paraphrased. Nothing mind blowing. Just normal logical takes. Also said the WB to Lakers stuff is just talks. Not like they're close to a deal. Talks go on all the time in the NBA.



They should both stay. Build a team there.

We need to build a complete team around Lebron & AD.

The Wizards should blow it up and tank rather than cling to the hope of 1st round playoff exits.


I don't care what they do but, they are closer to competing by building around their two stars than blowing it up.

They have no pathway towards contention and Westbrook is turning 33.

The Pistons blew it up, tanked, got lucky in the draft, and will lap the Wizards in a couple seasons just as Westbrook breaks down. But if Wizards fans are happy, good for them - Westbrook and Beal will score a lot of points.
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=MPeP09FV3tk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Aug 2008
Posts: 13252
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:33 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
deal wrote:
MJST wrote:
deal wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Marc Spears on the Max Kellerman show (with Michael Eaves).

"From what I hear, not speaking for him. But from what I hear. Russ would only want out if Beal wants out."

Paraphrased. Nothing mind blowing. Just normal logical takes. Also said the WB to Lakers stuff is just talks. Not like they're close to a deal. Talks go on all the time in the NBA.



They should both stay. Build a team there.

We need to build a complete team around Lebron & AD.


We did. AD and LeBron just got injured.



Exactly why we can't just bring in just one $40mm player, he won't cover a
Lebron or AD injury hole with a bunch of min players...


Neither will a bunch of role players.



Let me qualify my comment; the "right" bunch of players would make
a difference. Now if we are going to ride 2 aging players and AD's injuries like a pony we will have a rerun of this season.

The right complementary players would make a difference; IMO.
_________________
Lakers !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2014
Posts: 5132

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:36 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
Montrezl opting in (possibly)?


Old news Our boy IG broke it pages ago


And be traded soon thereafter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LGFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 07 Jun 2021
Posts: 872

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:40 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
AD23 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
Montrezl opting in (possibly)?


Old news Our boy IG broke it pages ago


And be traded soon thereafter.


trez/gasol/mckiennie for Rozier.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mark10 45
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 27 Feb 2020
Posts: 441

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:41 pm    Post subject:

can you use the 5million MLE when you're hard capped?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 24983

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Emplay on CP3’s path to getting to the Lakers

https://mobile.twitter.com/btoporek/status/1418267561309913092


That's interesting, but Pincus adds: "While Paul heading to the Lakers is not impossible, it may be too complex to be considered realistic." I think that's a fair assessment. I'll leave it to someone like V+ to run the numbers, but it would require the Suns to be willing to take some combination of Schroder (who would count as a maximum of $19M), Harrell, and Kuzma/Casey P./THT. Or this might require a multi-team trade, which would be a mess. And this would need to be arranged before Chris Paul's opt-in date, which is problematic under the moratorium. And the Suns would need to be willing to send Chris Paul to a division rival.

I'd be happy if it happened, but unless and until we hear something more concrete, this is just a theoretical curiosity.
_________________
Internet Argument Resolved
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 16943

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
deal wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
deal wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Marc Spears on the Max Kellerman show (with Michael Eaves).

"From what I hear, not speaking for him. But from what I hear. Russ would only want out if Beal wants out."

Paraphrased. Nothing mind blowing. Just normal logical takes. Also said the WB to Lakers stuff is just talks. Not like they're close to a deal. Talks go on all the time in the NBA.



They should both stay. Build a team there.

We need to build a complete team around Lebron & AD.

The Wizards should blow it up and tank rather than cling to the hope of 1st round playoff exits.


I don't care what they do but, they are closer to competing by building around their two stars than blowing it up.

They have no pathway towards contention and Westbrook is turning 33.

The Pistons blew it up, tanked, got lucky in the draft, and will lap the Wizards in a couple seasons just as Westbrook breaks down. But if Wizards fans are happy, good for them - Westbrook and Beal will score a lot of points.


Exactly.
_________________
Multiple LG accounts is not clever if same posting pattern is used!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2014
Posts: 5132

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:43 pm    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
King Randle wrote:
AD23 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
Montrezl opting in (possibly)?


Old news Our boy IG broke it pages ago


And be traded soon thereafter.


trez/gasol/mckiennie for Rozier.


Works for me….now convince them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DeeAgeaux
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Apr 2009
Posts: 1519

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:44 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:


I heard from a source, Giannis's wife, that she's a Laker fan.

GIANNIS to demand trade to Lakers


Giannis isn't married.

So that is a false rumor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 4228

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Mods, where you at?
_________________
💜💛 🏆

My 2022 vet mins: Dwight, Winslow, Melo, Shaq Harrison, Morris, Dudley, Matthews. It's 👀 season!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 31565

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Emplay on CP3’s path to getting to the Lakers

https://mobile.twitter.com/btoporek/status/1418267561309913092


That's interesting, but Pincus adds: "While Paul heading to the Lakers is not impossible, it may be too complex to be considered realistic." I think that's a fair assessment. I'll leave it to someone like V+ to run the numbers, but it would require the Suns to be willing to take some combination of Schroder (who would count as a maximum of $19M), Harrell, and Kuzma/Casey P./THT. Or this might require a multi-team trade, which would be a mess. And this would need to be arranged before Chris Paul's opt-in date, which is problematic under the moratorium. And the Suns would need to be willing to send Chris Paul to a division rival.

I'd be happy if it happened, but unless and until we hear something more concrete, this is just a theoretical curiosity.

You don't say!
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=MPeP09FV3tk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mark10 45
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 27 Feb 2020
Posts: 441

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:53 pm    Post subject:

can you use the 5million MLE when you're hard capped?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Dec 2019
Posts: 1774

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Mark10 45 wrote:
can you use the 5.9million MLE when you're hard capped?


Fixed it for you...and no you can’t. It wouldn’t make cents to do anyways. You’re already hardcapped, so the use of the miniMLE won’t like reverse it or something haha.

But what you could do is use part of the fullMLE. So using about 6m of the 9.5m is allowable and possibly the only move you could make depending on how much wiggle one had from the 143m apron.

FYI: 5m is the rough amount of the room exception for teams operating with cap space.

@AH, I already ran the numbers bro. It’s in the Q&A thread.

@LGFan: honestly I didn’t bother to check the tweet haha. But thanks for clarifying it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 31618

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Mark10 45 wrote:
can you use the 5million MLE when you're hard capped?


You can use the MMLE (which is closer to $6 million), as long as you don't exceed the hard cap.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mark10 45
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 27 Feb 2020
Posts: 441

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:01 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Mark10 45 wrote:
can you use the 5.9million MLE when you're hard capped?


Fixed it for you...and no you can’t. It wouldn’t make cents to do anyways. You’re already hardcapped, so the use of the miniMLE won’t like reverse it or something haha.

But what you could do is use part of the fullMLE. So using about 6m of the 9.5m is allowable and possibly the only move you could make depending on how much wiggle one had from the 143m apron.

@AH, I already ran the numbers bro. It’s in the Q&A thread.

@LGFan: honestly I didn’t bother to check the tweet haha. But thanks for clarifying it.


ok thanks. So hard cap or not, we have 1 ~6million$ FA who we can bring in from a different team this Summer. isn't the hard cap being overstated in it's diabolicalness if that's the same option either way? Maybe this is why we hear rumors of the Lakers still being interested in players who would hard cap them? We can only sign 1 player of value in the $6M range anyway.........
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 31565

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:09 pm    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
King Randle wrote:
AD23 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
Montrezl opting in (possibly)?


Old news Our boy IG broke it pages ago


And be traded soon thereafter.


trez/gasol/mckiennie for Rozier.

The Hornets are in the weird (maybe eventually good?) position of wanting to get back to the playoffs asap while developing young guys and Rozier's caught somewhere in between. Their roster could get expensive quick and Rozier's going to want an $80-100M deal next summer - does Jordan sign off on that if Charlotte's the seventh seed?

It feels like they need a consolidation trade for a star rather than just shuffling guys around, but if Kupchak thinks Malik Monk can surpass Rozier on his second contract and he really likes Trezz... maybe...?
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=MPeP09FV3tk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 35212

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Hornets are gonna want us to take on Malik Monk in a Trezz S&T, I highly doubt we can get Rozier with that package.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 4228

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:15 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if we can get a couple of second rounders for Trez.
_________________
💜💛 🏆

My 2022 vet mins: Dwight, Winslow, Melo, Shaq Harrison, Morris, Dudley, Matthews. It's 👀 season!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 35212

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:16 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
I wonder if we can get a couple of second rounders for Trez.


If dumping Trezz in a S&T opens up cap space and they have a Free Agent in mind that there planning to pursue then sure they could.


Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 14325
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
LGFan wrote:
King Randle wrote:
AD23 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
Montrezl opting in (possibly)?


Old news Our boy IG broke it pages ago


And be traded soon thereafter.


trez/gasol/mckiennie for Rozier.

The Hornets are in the weird (maybe eventually good?) position of wanting to get back to the playoffs asap while developing young guys and Rozier's caught somewhere in between. Their roster could get expensive quick and Rozier's going to want an $80-100M deal next summer - does Jordan sign off on that if Charlotte's the seventh seed?

It feels like they need a consolidation trade for a star rather than just shuffling guys around, but if Kupchak thinks Malik Monk can surpass Rozier on his second contract and he really likes Trezz... maybe...?


Like most I'm a fan of Scary Terry and I'd hate to pay him mid level max money like what your talking about BVH but better him get that money than Dennis...........

As for Trezz , he would absolutely kill it as a Hornet. In his Homestate.

An hell who knows maybe Brandon Ingram forces his way back home to North Carolina one day too. Lamelo is one of the those players you'd love to play alongside with the way he dishes the rock.


Last edited by KingKobe20 on Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6374, 6375, 6376 ... 6478, 6479, 6480  Next
Page 6375 of 6480
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB