PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:57 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Twice fans? My contribution:

TWICE’s BEST & SEXIEST GIRL

My work computer won’t play the video, says it may be inappropriate 👀

Weird, it’s actually pretty tame. What about this one? Since What is Love is trending:

TWICE’s BEST & SEXIEST GIRL doing What is Love?

Nope. Not working. My work has restricted mode on YouTube. Are you trying to send me something NSFW or with words like “Sexy” in it? I can watch on my phone but they don’t give me free wifi here so I’ll check it out at home.

They’re all safe for work even if they’re sexy. How about this?

Sexy Jeongyeon x Chaeyoung Sexy
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:08 am    Post subject:

XTC wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
XTC wrote:

Talk about a grueling schedule, between rehearsals, variety shows, talk shows, vlives, their own tv show, work on upcoming songs, it seems they barely have any downtime. Their contract is due up in 2022 -- while we all hope everyone will renew, it's not always a guarantee. Hopefully Jeongyeon's (thanks Lonzo-Lite for the fancam vid) health will get better and she'll be willing to renew as well.

JYPE is really milking Twice for all they can, I've never seen a group more busy than they are. I only follow a handful of kpop groups like BP, RV, Momoland and they're all very laid back compared to what Twice is producing year after year. They all talk about being exhausted, and would probably put that into consideration when they renew.

Saw an article a while ago that they're the hardest working gg in K-pop as far as comebacks at an average of just 120 days. (G)Idle's around 128 days (Cube), Dreamcatcher is at approx 141 days (HFE/DCC). JYP Entertainment is putting Twice through the ringer, no wonder they're feeling exhausted. JYPE ought to find a healthy balance between their business model and the well-being of the members (especially Mina and Jeongyong). At renewal, Twice is supposed to be getting 70/30 vs 50/50 so while there's a financial incentive -- other factors as you have alluded to will weigh-in on their decision.

For other groups like BP, YG Entertainment producer Teddy takes his time so the releases seem like a drought compared to Twice. One thing about YG, they'll support solo debuts (Jennie, Rosé) and Lisa's coming later this month. As for RV, haven't heard anything since their ReVe Festival back in 2019, but it looks like they're working on a comeback in August.

I just read an article last month that Twice is the biggest kpop group in Japan bigger than BTS and #4 all-time in Japan, a testament to all the work they've put in. JYPE also wants to get Twice as big in the U.S. as they are in Asia which is the primary reason for all these comebacks including one that's supposedly an all english comeback this fall. Curious to see how that looks.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:33 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Weird, it’s actually pretty tame. What about this one? Since What is Love is trending:

Nope. Not working. My work has restricted mode on YouTube. Are you trying to send me something NSFW or with words like “Sexy” in it? I can watch on my phone but they don’t give me free wifi here so I’ll check it out at home.

Finally got to see the videos. The last one worked which weirdly is a little more um sexy than the previous videos. But yes SSFW videos are welcome! SexySafeForWork.

I’m guessing you’re a Jeongyeon fan? She’s one of my favorites in the group along with Sana/Momo.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
XTC wrote:

Saw an article a while ago that they're the hardest working gg in K-pop as far as comebacks at an average of just 120 days. (G)Idle's around 128 days (Cube), Dreamcatcher is at approx 141 days (HFE/DCC).

I just read an article last month that Twice is the biggest kpop group in Japan bigger than BTS and #4 all-time in Japan, a testament to all the work they've put in. JYPE also wants to get Twice as big in the U.S. as they are in Asia which is the primary reason for all these comebacks including one that's supposedly an all english comeback this fall. Curious to see how that looks.

It is well deserved, they've managed to take over the top spot within 4 years, well worth all of hard work at endless rehearsals, promo work, tours, and growing the fan base in Japan. If I recall correctly, Twice has 3 Japanese members (Sana/Momo/Mina). Mina was born in San Antonio, TX.

The Japanese versions of their biggest songs sound just as dynamic as the originals. Looking forward to the 7.28 debut of their Japanese album. Perfect World's already climbing fast on Japan's Billboard 100 #24 in just a week (Jul 7) and it wouldn't be a surprise if it lands them another #1.

Hope they do well with their English comeback. I'm sure JYP Entertainment is already planning the promo circuit so that Twice will be quite visible in the US leading up to their English debut. For the ToL promo, there's a vid last month with some of the behind-the-scenes at the Ellen show floating around on YT with Jeongyeon back in the mix.
Iron Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: K-POP 🌎 Domination Thread (#SSFW: Sexy [but] Safe For Work Fancams Welcome!)

Jordan-esque wrote:

I’m mostly into Girl Groups: TWICE, LOONA, OH MY GIRL, FROMIS9, WEEEKLY, and I’m open for more recommendations.

I would highly recommend Aespa (Black Mamba).

If you like Loona, maybe checkout WJSN aka Cosmic Girls.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:17 pm    Post subject:

XTC wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
XTC wrote:

Saw an article a while ago that they're the hardest working gg in K-pop as far as comebacks at an average of just 120 days. (G)Idle's around 128 days (Cube), Dreamcatcher is at approx 141 days (HFE/DCC).

Hope they do well with their English comeback. I'm sure JYP Entertainment is already planning the promo circuit so that Twice will be quite visible in the US leading up to their English debut. For the ToL promo, there's a vid last month with some of the behind-the-scenes at the Ellen show floating around on YT with Jeongyeon back in the mix.

Jeongyeon seems to be on semi-hiatus. She only took 3 months off before coming back in January, she probably should’ve done 6-7 months like Mina did. Now looks like they’re giving her more rest which is why she hasn’t done any promos for the last month and why she wasn’t in the latest MV for Hospital Playlist.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Finally got to see the videos. The last one worked which weirdly is a little more um sexy than the previous videos. But yes SSFW videos are welcome! SexySafeForWork.

I’m guessing you’re a Jeongyeon fan? She’s one of my favorites in the group along with Sana/Momo.

I really like and appreciated the underrated members. If you google most underrated Twice member then you’ll get the idea.
mykolbeta
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:14 am    Post subject:

So many Jeongyeon stans...add me to the list. I am a ONCE. Someone else mentioned Aespa, I highly recommend another group that debuted around the same time as them: STAYC. They're produced by Black Eyed Pilseung who produced a lot of hits for Twice like "TT", "Cheer Up" and "Fancy". You can hear elements of Twice in STAYC like with "ASAP":

Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: K-POP 🌎 Domination Thread (#SSFW: Sexy [but] Safe For Work Fancams Welcome!)

Iron Mamba wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

I’m mostly into Girl Groups: TWICE, LOONA, OH MY GIRL, FROMIS9, WEEEKLY, and I’m open for more recommendations.

Thanks! Yes I’m also listening to Aespa... Next Level is stuck on my head.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:25 pm    Post subject:

mykolbeta wrote:
So many Jeongyeon stans...add me to the list. I am a ONCE. Someone else mentioned Aespa, I highly recommend another group that debuted around the same time as them: STAYC. They're produced by Black Eyed Pilseung who produced a lot of hits for Twice like "TT", "Cheer Up" and "Fancy". You can hear elements of Twice in STAYC like with "ASAP":

Yes, more recommendations! Good to know! Thanks!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

I really like and appreciated the underrated members. If you google most underrated Twice member then you’ll get the idea.

Had no idea Jeongyeon was so underrated, yes I did google it. She really does shine though on their TV and variety show appearances. In fact, I just recently watched one of their appearances in Knowing Bros and the hosts kept teasing her a lot!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:29 pm    Post subject:

#TwiceDeservesBetter is trending, there’s a new controversy with JYPE.
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:34 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Jeongyeon seems to be on semi-hiatus. She only took 3 months off before coming back in January, she probably should’ve done 6-7 months like Mina did. Now looks like they’re giving her more rest which is why she hasn’t done any promos for the last month and why she wasn’t in the latest MV for Hospital Playlist.

Jeongyeon had a procedure done around May '20, about one week before their More and More comeback -- agree that JYPE should've given her a lot more time to get well and fully recuperate. She was not feeling 100%, yet she still toughed it out with the comeback performances on Mnet, SBS, KBS. She's a trooper. Relieved that they're giving her more rest, hope she's resting well and getting better, her health should've been a priority from the start. It's understandable why she couldn't be in the MV, fortunately we do hear her voice.
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:53 pm    Post subject:

Iron Mamba wrote:

Where would JYPE be without Twice? After all they've been through to help the company, they get disrespected and thrown under the bus.
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: K-POP 🌎 Domination Thread (#SSFW: Sexy [but] Safe For Work Fancams Welcome!)

Iron Mamba wrote:

It's impressive to see ĂŠspa with this concept along with their AI Avatars, they seem to have the most momentum out of the current 4th generation groups. Next Level is wickedly addictive.

Looks like I already had WJSN on an earlier playlist earlier with DC 드늌ìșìł and Twice. Thanks for the recommendations!
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:50 am    Post subject:

I am bit old old school with the kpop gg. Sistar, After School, 2NE1.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:45 pm    Post subject:

XTC wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:

Where would JYPE be without Twice? After all they've been through to help the company, they get disrespected and thrown under the bus.

From what I understand JYPE is hoping that one of their boy groups will surpass Twice as their highest selling artist?

Two thoughts:

1. I hate kpop boy groups, I really do. They all act the same like they’re so dreamy and they all have the same haircuts.

2. It’s not going to happen, not for another few years.
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:15 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
I am bit old old school with the kpop gg. Sistar, After School, 2NE1.

Thank you! Will checkout 2NE1 and After School -- I still have Sistar's "I Swear" as one my all-time faves, it's just one of those songs could be on repeat 24/7. Not to mention that MV of them in Saipan enjoying a carefree summer having the time of their lives and just enjoying life. Halcyon days, I tell you, halcyon days.
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
XTC wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:

From what I understand JYPE is hoping that one of their boy groups will surpass Twice as their highest selling artist?

Two thoughts:

1. I hate kpop boy groups, I really do. They all act the same like they’re so dreamy and they all have the same haircuts.

2. It’s not going to happen, not for another few years.

100%. I just ignore the kpop boy groups, they all seem to be a re-worked take of a forgettable era back here in the 90s which finally went away. The idea of suppressing Twice's sales to prop up that weak boy band in order to bring in more investors is disappointing in a modern era. That old patricharchal society mindset needs go by by way of the dodo bird.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:56 am    Post subject:

I like BTS’s Dynamite but aside from that I don’t follow boy groups either. Only ever watch them when they interact with the girl groups.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:58 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/pledis_17/status/1416925760955330562?s=21
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:25 am    Post subject:

Iron Mamba wrote:
https://twitter.com/pledis_17/status/1416925760955330562?s=21

Good for them. Regarding Twice, one would think JYPE would secure their biggest money maker ahead of their contract expiring next year. Instead I they’re throwing money on other groups to outdo Twice.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:30 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Had no idea Jeongyeon was so underrated, yes I did google it. She really does shine though on their TV and variety show appearances. In fact, I just recently watched one of their appearances in Knowing Bros and the hosts kept teasing her a lot!

She was the most recognizable member in Korea when they first started. Her sister is an actress, and she herself appeared in numerous TV shows when debuting with Twice. So JYPE started promoting the other members. Jeongyeon is one of Twice’s lead singers like Nayeon but yet gets the least lines.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:15 am    Post subject:

XTC wrote:

100%. I just ignore the kpop boy groups, they all seem to be a re-worked take of a forgettable era back here in the 90s which finally went away. The idea of suppressing Twice's sales to prop up that weak boy band in order to bring in more investors is disappointing in a modern era. That old patricharchal society mindset needs go by by way of the dodo bird.

Maybe JYPE have a feeling they might not be able to afford TWICE’s contract. If they leave JYPE I wouldn’t mind, as long as all of them stay together, they’ll be successful anywhere they decide to go.
Iron Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Jihyo
https://twitter.com/subjectkpop/status/1417291801895964674?s=21
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7
Jump to: