QFTOS - SUNS SINK THE CLIPPERS EDITION
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
How do the loser Clips have any fans? They will never be L.A.'s basketball team.

My guess is affordable pricing. They've been getting people to the games since the 80's with the lowest prices in town. Some people go just for the experience then stay as fans, some have kids and grow up Clipper fans. That's my guess.

I've been here before the clippers ever thought of LA. I believe, based on my recollection, that you hit the nail on the head. "Cheaper tickets than your Lakers" was the response I got from more than a few people back then.

Yep, cheap tickets got them in, then the change of ownership from Sterling was another signifcant factor for the development of their fan base. Inglewood next destination. I moved from there already!!!
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:00 pm    Post subject:

The Odom clippers were actually a fun watch with a lot of likable guys. The Blake cp3 era is when it flipped. Imho
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
The Odom clippers were actually a fun watch with a lot of likable guys. The Blake cp3 era is when it flipped. Imho

Two fist to forehead thumps
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:01 am    Post subject:

Well done 32.

That was enjoyable.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:09 am    Post subject:

The sad thing here is. If the lakers were healthy we would have beaten every team this year. And the clippers know it
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
How do the loser Clips have any fans? They will never be L.A.'s basketball team.

My guess is affordable pricing. They've been getting people to the games since the 80's with the lowest prices in town. Some people go just for the experience then stay as fans, some have kids and grow up Clipper fans. That's my guess.

This is 100% true. I met a couple who are Clips fans at my job and they told me they originally became fans because the ticket prices were so cheap.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Kuz for sexton who says no
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:23 am    Post subject:

Trevacious2 wrote:
The Clippers — remain The Clippers

Just goes to show how hard it is to win a championship and have an appreciation of what we did last year I mean let’s be honest if the Lakers were healthy this year the suns probably don’t make it out of the first round we actually had the signs on the ropes before A.D. got hurt again and LeBron was playing her all of our Goes into those two players we are extremely top-heavy
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:25 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

I miss the Elton Brand days man
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:59 am    Post subject:

I go back to before the clips moved to LA. My memory goes to so many “clips fans” were anti-Laker fans that hopped on board when the clips moved to town.

I can remember conversations that were odd in the comments about the Lakers being “too popular” or Lakers fans being “too full of themselves”. They were often transplants to the city and supported the underdog clips because “everything is always about the Lakers”. My comments were always “of course they are”. Lol

For current clip fandom, there is at least some logic to it. They have put together a hell of a team and there are a lot of fans that have no sense of Laker history or bandwagon hoppers that find the clips “ cool” to follow.

It is an odd dynamic!
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:53 am    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
Halflife wrote:

I miss the Elton Brand days man

they were fun, i mean they were the epitome of little brother. Now they are the loud drunken neighbor who has horrible curb appeal and brings down the value of the neighborhood.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: