Stock Market Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:06 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
To anyone who hasn't bought crypto yet: what's keeping you out?

A really hellacious password.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 6:26 am    Post subject:

How long do you guys think the rotation into cyclicals, commodity stocks, banks will last? The bad jobs report yesterday helped tech, but I think it's probably a temporary thing, and that the rotation into cyclicals and re-opening plays will last longer, I just don't know how long.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 7:09 am    Post subject:

When should I buy lumber?
Ogrounder
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 10:03 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
To anyone who hasn't bought crypto yet: what's keeping you out? What do you think about Neo and its price prediction

Volatility On the one hand it is a great opportunity to earn money but on the other hand when your portfolio goes 40% down in just a couple days that is weird!

Last edited by Ogrounder on Mon May 31, 2021 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 10:17 am    Post subject:

Ogrounder wrote:
C M B wrote:

Volatility On the one hand it is a great opportunity to earn money but on the other hand when your portfolio goes 40% down in just a couple days that is weird!

This was mentioned in a podcast I was listening to over the weekend. Crypto wants to be both a currency and an investment, and the two are at odds with each other. Investors want volatility, but volatility isn't good for currency. Increased volatility makes the crypto less valuable as currency, which makes it less valuable as an investment. Something's not good as a currency when its volatile enough that its founder can tank it by making a joke about it on SNL.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Thought AMC couldn’t go higher when I saw it hit 34 yesterday... Man, was I wrong. Kicking myself for not buying in.

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:19 am    Post subject:

Thoughts on DiDi?

leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:36 pm    Post subject:

For what it's worth, I think there are some great deals out there right now. Just a few names that I like (and own).

Mesa airlines - very low PE, low market cap, expanding into Europe at end of year.

Canadian Solar - Very undervalued solar company - huge sales, and growing rapidly. My favorite solar play.

Sofi - Rapid user / revenue growth. Galileo (used by chime, robinhood, etc.)

Viacom - extremely low PE, valuable assets (shows/movies/TV stations), growing streaming service, acquisition target.

Alibaba - Been undervalued for 6-8 months. I don't believe China wants them to fail. Low price and a Juggernaut in every sense of the word.

Wish - Lakers sponsor - Very risky bc of profitability challenges, but if they can figure that out, they have very high revenue for their price.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:58 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
For what it's worth, I think there are some great deals out there right now. Just a few names that I like (and own).

Mesa airlines - very low PE, low market cap, expanding into Europe at end of year.

Canadian Solar - Very undervalued solar company - huge sales, and growing rapidly. My favorite solar play.

Viacom - extremely low PE, valuable assets (shows/movies/TV stations), growing streaming service, acquisition target.

Alibaba - Been undervalued for 6-8 months. I don't believe China wants them to fail. Low price and a Juggernaut in every sense of the word.

Wish - Lakers sponsor - Very risky bc of profitability challenges, but if they can figure that out, they have very high revenue for their price.

WISH? SOFI? Are you a WallStreetBets poster?

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:18 am    Post subject:

Quote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Superstonk/comments/q7cto7/wow_it_looks_like_td_pulled_a_robinhood_and_never/

Wow it looks like TD pulled a Robinhood and never purchase my GME shaeres.
Now they are playing musical chairs to actually buy shares
to transfer to my Fidelity account

^^^They're doing it. The smooth brained apes causing some serious hell with their DRS/MOASS??

DRS Direct Registered Shares
Quote:
"Direct" Registration — The security is registered in your name on the issuer's books, and either the company or its transfer agent holds the security for you in book-entry form.
The "Direct Registration System" (also known as "DRS") allows investors to transfer securities held this way.
For more information about DRS, please see our Frequently Asked Questions below.
https://www.sec.gov/reportspubs/investor-publications/investorpubsholdsechtm.html

Mother of All Short Squeezes
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=MOASS

jelly brain here.. but this is how I am understanding it..

Some companies have the ability to purchase registered/counted shares from specific corporations.
They picked GME because a couple major brokerage houses have been stealing
from the public and manipulating the market with fake shares
... If all of the shares are directly owned and registered to real people via the DRS
then someone asks one of the NON DRS brokerage houses to move their GME shares...
said brokerage doesn't even own them.. and they faked it..all hell breaks loose..
Ogrounder
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:43 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:

Wish - Lakers sponsor - Very risky bc of profitability challenges, but if they can figure that out, they have very high revenue for their price. To be on the safe side I on and off trade here.

I was also looking close at Alibaba but the Chinese gov is much too uncontrollable and unpredictable. In my opinion the risk is too high.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:49 am    Post subject:

Great time to be buying IMO - stocks could still go lower with Omicron fears, but there are some amazing discounts. Some names I've been adding were/are Affirm, Sofi, PayPal, Square, Canadian Solar...

I've also added earlier in the year containership company GSL - they are a ship leasing company (own the ships), so they aren't as dependent on current rates. They are making half of their current market cap in EBITDA in each of 2022/2023, and rates are fixed/secured already. DAC is another good one.

Hard to say how long the decline will last, but I'm buying the dip, and may be adding on further drops.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:20 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Great time to be buying IMO - stocks could still go lower with Omicron fears, but there are some amazing discounts. Some names I've been adding were/are Affirm, Sofi, PayPal, Square, Canadian Solar...

I've also added earlier in the year containership company GSL - they are a ship leasing company (own the ships), so they aren't as dependent on current rates. They are making half of their current market cap in EBITDA in each of 2022/2023, and rates are fixed/secured already. DAC is another good one.

Hard to say how long the decline will last, but I'm buying the dip, and may be adding on further drops.

I got wrecked on the DiDi delisting. But Alibaba still looks very cheap.

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Progress on a huge scale!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Superstonk/comments/sk1hyd/only_viewed_133_times_todaythis_document_is/

Quote:
Left-Anxiety-3580
Op ·
3 hr. ago
· edited 3 hr. ago
All Seeing KittyStarryHelpful2Wholesome
🎮 Power to the Players 🛑

I’m literally halfway through it… It’s hard to briefly summarize, I highly suggest reading the first 20 to 40 pages. Without any doubt this is connected to all of the market manipulation we have been witnessing. This document gives you a 360° understanding on how specific hedge funds have been abusing swap positions to manipulate GME (amongst the many) but more importantly will give you an understanding on how they have been “cooking the books” and affording to stay alive throughout the last year.

This is what Gary has been so hard at work doing! This definitely took a long time to put together especially in the correct legal language. It’s very comforting as a GME investor, you can tell the SEC DOES KNOW exactly what is going on and are ready to tackle those abusing the system.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:00 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
Ogrounder wrote:
C M B wrote:

This was mentioned in a podcast I was listening to over the weekend. Crypto wants to be both a currency and an investment, and the two are at odds with each other. Investors want volatility, but volatility isn't good for currency. Increased volatility makes the crypto less valuable as currency, which makes it less valuable as an investment. Something's not good as a currency when its volatile enough that its founder can tank it by making a joke about it on SNL.

Can I get a link LC?
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:10 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
Ogrounder wrote:
C M B wrote:

Can I get a link LC?

From a podcast I listened to last May? Sorry, don't remember.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:26 am    Post subject:

S&P 500 down 6% YTD, could be the end of the bull market that has been going on for years. Inflation, war concerns, covid all driving things down at present.

I would be careful taking new large equity positions right now.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:50 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
S&P 500 down 6% YTD, could be the end of the bull market that has been going on for years. Inflation, war concerns, covid all driving things down at present.

Federal Reserve ending the era of free money. What do you think will happen to all of the junk bonds that were issued during the pandemic at absurdly low rates?

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:36 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

The party is over. I have investments in tech so they are really taking a beating right now. Hang onto your butt its going to be a rough couple of years.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:52 am    Post subject:

S&P 500 now down just under 10% Year to Date and it is only February 18th.

I expect continued downside in the near future.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Well, someone had to bump this thread...Lol. For what it's worth, I think you could probably throw a dart at a list of stocks right now, and make money (not saying it would be immediate though). Could still be more pain as J. Pow signals a more aggressive fed stance, but the markets are so discounted right now. DCA might be a good strategy.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:40 am    Post subject:

S&P 500 down 28% YTD and inflation running rampant worse than any time since the early 1980s.

It will likely get worse before the end of the year also.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:16 am    Post subject:

Bump...Nice rally in the markets since the bottom. My post actually closely timed the bottom (or, at least, near it). Like I said before, you could have thrown a dart, and made money.

Only concern is the market going up too much / too fast...Hard to imagine we don't have some kind of a partial pullback, especially if CPI/PCE data don't move down enough.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Bed Bath and Beyond CFO took a swan dive from the Jenga Tower in NYC. Apparently was involved in a pump and dump scheme and could implicate others.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:33 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Bed Bath and Beyond CFO took a swan dive from the Jenga Tower in NYC. Apparently was involved in a pump and dump scheme and could implicate others.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16
Jump to: