C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:15 am    Post subject:

Fed will play at the french.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:48 pm    Post subject:

My goat list:
Serena
Rafa
Fed
Graf
Sampras
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
My goat list:
Serena
Rafa
Fed
Graf
Sampras

Sampras over Djokovic, please explain.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:13 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Halflife wrote:
My goat list:
Serena
Rafa
Fed
Graf
Sampras

Sampras over Djokovic, please explain.

I was kid during sampras era. I am judging off dominant in era. I personally cant put Djo over rafa or fed even though head to head he has some W's.

Just my list.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:45 am    Post subject:

Rafa looks like crap as is the usual in the early portions of the French.

Federer looked fantastic in the opening round match.

Federer-Djokovic looks like the most realistic possibility in that portion of the QFs. Federer beating Djokovic here will give him a massive boost in confidence for Wimbledon.

Just to prevent Nadal from surpassing him in the slam count, Federer will go all out if he were to make it that far in the semis.

Federer winning RG at age 39 will be one of the greatest sports stories ever....as unlikely as that (bleep) 1988 Dodgers roster beating two heavyweights in the Mets and A's to win it all.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:29 am    Post subject:

Mental illness doesn't take high enough precedence. It's not an illness that manifests physically like a broken leg.

Naomi hid the illness well. I had no idea, she was so bubbly.

Naomi Osaka Quits the French Open After News Conference Dispute

LINK

Quote:
Updated June 1, 2021, 7:50 a.m. ET

PARIS — The weeklong confrontation between Naomi Osaka, the second-ranked woman in tennis, and leaders of the sport’s four Grand Slam tournaments turned bitter on Monday when Ms. Osaka withdrew from the French Open, citing concerns for her mental health.

Quote:
“I never wanted to be a distraction and I accept that my timing was not ideal and my message could have been clearer,” she added. “The truth is that I have suffered long bouts of depression since the US Open in 2018 and I have had a really hard time coping with that.” She did not indicate when she would return to tournament play.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Djoko looks to be on form. Federer is not beating this Djokovic. Neither is Nadal unless he raises his level tremendously.....which he always seems to do. Sandgren is playing great and Djoko will still most likely straight-set him
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:55 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Mental illness doesn't take high enough precedence. It's not an illness that manifests physically like a broken leg.

Naomi hid the illness well. I had no idea, she was so bubbly.

Naomi Osaka Quits the French Open After News Conference Dispute

LINK

Quote:
Updated June 1, 2021, 7:50 a.m. ET

PARIS — The weeklong confrontation between Naomi Osaka, the second-ranked woman in tennis, and leaders of the sport’s four Grand Slam tournaments turned bitter on Monday when Ms. Osaka withdrew from the French Open, citing concerns for her mental health.

Quote:
“I never wanted to be a distraction and I accept that my timing was not ideal and my message could have been clearer,” she added. “The truth is that I have suffered long bouts of depression since the US Open in 2018 and I have had a really hard time coping with that.” She did not indicate when she would return to tournament play.

the disease of despair is real and equally as dangerous to individuals as anything else.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Seems to be pretty open Open for now. Nadal will mow down everyone he faces probably though, getting better as the days go by. That's the usual pattern anyway. Although it's hard to see Serena winning this or maybe even going that far, seems like pretty open for women too.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:03 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
Seems to be pretty open Open for now. Nadal will mow down everyone he faces probably though, getting better as the days go by. That's the usual pattern anyway. Although it's hard to see Serena winning this or maybe even going that far, seems like pretty open for women too.

kobe
nadal
serena
magic
is my mount rushmore of athletes.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:49 am    Post subject:

Fed wins a tough 3rd round on clay after a year off

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:40 pm    Post subject:

This semifinal between Nadal and Djokovic is one of the best I’ve ever seen. It’s absolutely criminal that it’s not the final.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Omg. From being down 0-5 to beating Nadal in 4 … Djoker is amazing. What a match!

He’s now done one of the hardest things in sports … TWICE
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
focus wrote:

kobe
nadal
serena
magic
is my mount rushmore of athletes.

No Brady?
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:22 pm    Post subject:

With his double career grand slam and 19 total majors (should be 20, alas), to go along with all of his other accolades, I don't think there's any debate any more -- Novak is the greatest of all time. What an amazing semifinals and finals this year!
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Serbian Sports killing it right now!

Mvp Jokic

Rolland Garos Champ Djokovic
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:22 am    Post subject:

What a run for the Djoker. The storylines are going to be intense at Wimbledon, as he goes for the tie in Slams won with Federer and Nadal, not to mention trying to pull off the first 3 Slams of the year. Imagine if he wins at Wimby, then he has to decide how much energy to put into the Olympics. With a Grand Slam on the line, would he want to go extra hard for that in Japan, knowing the U.S. Open is just around the corner? Would he skip the Olympics altogether? He's never won Olympic Gold, so how much would that motivate him?

I do agree that it seems like he's on a clear path for GOAT status now, seemingly with a lot in the tank for his career. If he blows past the other 2 and wins, say, 3 more Slams than either Fed or Rafa, plus has the most weeks at #1, the most Masters titles, a winning record against the other two (against each of them, too), more wins over Nadal at the French than Fed, more wins over Fed at Wimby than Nadal...it just becomes pretty impossible to deny the truth.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:43 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
What a run for the Djoker. The storylines are going to be intense at Wimbledon, as he goes for the tie in Slams won with Federer and Nadal, not to mention trying to pull off the first 3 Slams of the year. Imagine if he wins at Wimby, then he has to decide how much energy to put into the Olympics. With a Grand Slam on the line, would he want to go extra hard for that in Japan, knowing the U.S. Open is just around the corner? Would he skip the Olympics altogether? He's never won Olympic Gold, so how much would that motivate him?

I do agree that it seems like he's on a clear path for GOAT status now, seemingly with a lot in the tank for his career. If he blows past the other 2 and wins, say, 3 more Slams than either Fed or Rafa, plus has the most weeks at #1, the most Masters titles, a winning record against the other two (against each of them, too), more wins over Nadal at the French than Fed, more wins over Fed at Wimby than Nadal...it just becomes pretty impossible to deny the truth.

You could say he didn't have to deal with federer in his prime.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:28 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Nope I dont agree with this at all. I am a huge Federer fan. There was never a Federer during his run of 5 straight Wimbledon titles that he played at a higher level than throughout 2014 Wimbledon and that semi-final match in 2015 vs Andy Murray and both years in the Finals he threw the kitchen sink at Djokovic and STILL, Djokovic beat him both years and in 2015, convincingly. Had that been anyone else during those 2 years, Federer would have beaten him and in under 5 sets. I knew right then during 2014 Wimbledon, that Djokovic was better than Federer.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:51 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Conversely, Federer never had to deal with Djokovic in his prime. The vast majority of his majors were prior to Djokovic's ascendance in 2011. You could say that Nadal's emergence put the brakes on Federer outside of Wimbledon, and Djokovic shut the door everywhere else. It was only during Djokovic's injury years a few years back that Fed tacked on a couple more.

Since 2011...

Djokovic
18 slams, 31 masters, 4 ATP finals, 324 weeks at #1

Nadal/Federer
15 slams (11 Nadal, 4 Federer), 29 masters, 1 ATP finals, 132 weeks at #1

Basically, outside of the French Open (and occasionally USO), it's been Djokovic's decade. And he's been beating up the other two members of the big 3 (and Murray) to get there. His only real blemish has been at the USO, which is pretty odd considering his dominance on hard courts.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:05 am    Post subject:

GOAT debates aside, there's never been a better era to watch men's tennis. Enjoy it while it lasts, because we'll be treated to this again in our lifetimes.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:49 am    Post subject:

^
Perhaps Djoker is a bit worn down from the summer hard court season when he reaches the U.S. Open, whereas at the Aussie he's more fresh?
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:19 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
Perhaps Djoker is a bit worn down from the summer hard court season when he reaches the U.S. Open, whereas at the Aussie he's more fresh?

Probably the case, yeah. It'll be interesting to see what tournaments (including the Olympics) he skips this year as that's a lot of tennis to play.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:03 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

Probably the case, yeah. It'll be interesting to see what tournaments (including the Olympics) he skips this year as that's a lot of tennis to play.

Yeah if he does Wimbledon (June/July), the Olympics (July/August), the U.S. Open (August/September), and Indian Wells (October), he really doesn't need much more than that imo, maybe a warmup event before Wimbledon and one before the U.S. Open just to get acclimated in the U.S. I would not over-play events, that's for sure.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:34 am    Post subject:

Djokovic: I'm an anti-vaxer and the ITF said it's ok for me to play in the AO!

Australia: no, go home ya bogan

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 4 of 23
Jump to: