Most Aggressive Dog Breeds study
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 11:28 am    Post subject:

Pit Bulls are like guns. They may be fine most of the time, but a lot can go wrong and when it does, people get hurt or killed. Personally I think the world could get along just fine without them.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
Pit Bulls are like guns. They may be fine most of the time, but a lot can go wrong and when it does, people get hurt or killed. Personally I think the world could get along just fine without them.

If they are untrained or trained to attack. My pit bull along with everyone I have ever known are gentle, loving and perfect off the lead hat dog parks.

My pit almost got attacked this morning on the trail by a collie. Fortunately he was on a leash.

Never seen a gun go off unless activated by owner
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Bol wrote:

You could leave a loaded gun alone in the same room as a newborn overnight and the newborn would be fine and not chewed down to the vertebrae in the morning.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Bol wrote:

Or like fire. A pitbull can give its master warmth or could kill their master in the wrong circumstance(s). I wouldn't have 2 of them for certain. Then they start acting like pack animals.
buduan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 3:28 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Pits can be dangerous because of environment and selective breeding, but mostly because their bite strength and imperviousness to pain and fear. But a well raised and loved pit is a beautiful creature for the same reason they are used for fighting, because it gives everything it has to and for you.

I saw a pit lock onto the throat of a German Shepard. Try as it may its owner couldn't make it let go. I actually saw the Shepard's eyes roll back into its head. No matter what people say, I'll never own a pit bull.

Don't feel bad bro. Ignorance and fear run rampant in these forums. It was bound to rub off on even the best posters.

Owned pits all my life. My kids were surrounded by them since birth. Best dogs ever created. Hands down.
buduan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:
Pit bulls... I’m scared as shhh of those little devils. It’s crazy how they are domesticated even though they were breed to kill larger predators like bulls and bears. They have a bite force that is strong enough to tear through even the most muscular man's muscle. Their skulls are hard as brick. Their threshold for pain is much higher than humans. They have been proven to enjoy the taste of human flesh. They will fight until they die. Idk what its going to take for people to understand that "friendly" pits do not make up the majority.

Jesus Christ.

Case in point.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:26 pm    Post subject:

buduan wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:
Pit bulls... I’m scared as shhh of those little devils. It’s crazy how they are domesticated even though they were breed to kill larger predators like bulls and bears. They have a bite force that is strong enough to tear through even the most muscular man's muscle. Their skulls are hard as brick. Their threshold for pain is much higher than humans. They have been proven to enjoy the taste of human flesh. They will fight until they die. Idk what its going to take for people to understand that "friendly" pits do not make up the majority.

Jesus Christ.

Case in point.

For the record, Pitbulls don't even renk in the top. 10 breeds in regards to bite force.. Due to it being the mascot for the University of Washington, Siberian Huskies are by far the most popular breed of dogs here in Seattle and like their wolf cousins would overpower a pitbull with their superior speed, agility, and bite force. But they don't have the PR problem pits have due to the Creeps that choose abuse them and turn them into fighting beasts. Any abused large dog can be dangerous,
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:14 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
buduan wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:

Jesus Christ.

Case in point.

For the record, Pitbulls don't even renk in the top. 10 breeds in regards to bite force.. Due to it being the mascot for the University of Washington, Siberian Huskies are by far the most popular breed of dogs here in Seattle and like their wolf cousins would overpower a pitbull with their superior speed, agility, and bite force. But they don't have the PR problem pits have due to the Creeps that choose abuse them and turn them into fighting beasts. Any abused large dog can be dangerous,

It’s true that the pit bull only ranks nineteenth in bite force (the Siberian husky is 13th btw). But that’s not what makes every other dog obsolete in terms of fighting (and no, huskies are actually not good fighting dogs). It’s the combination of their strength, agility (and they are actually much better athletes than huskies), relentlessness, toughness, and the fact that they are willing to fight to the last breath for an owner (who treats them horribly). No other existent breed has those combos, which is why they make up nearly 100% of fighting dogs in any sort of organized “sport”.

Why they are deadly to humans is a combination of breeding, environment, and their prey drive. They account for a minority of attacks but a majority of the fatal ones because of their ferocity when they do attack.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 6:58 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Pits can be dangerous because of environment and selective breeding, but mostly because their bite strength and imperviousness to pain and fear. But a well raised and loved pit is a beautiful creature for the same reason they are used for fighting, because it gives everything it has to and for you.

I saw a pit lock onto the throat of a German Shepard. Try as it may its owner couldn't make it let go. I actually saw the Shepard's eyes roll back into its head. No matter what people say, I'll never own a pit bull.

I am with you 100%. I do not care how many studies they do, Pit Bulls are the only dog in the news somewhere every week or two for mauling it's owner to death....or even worse one of the children in the home. The story is always the same....he/she had never shown aggression....he/she slept in the same bed with our daughter that was just mauled to death for years, etc. etc. You can tell me how labs, chows and shepherds bite more often, but the difference is their victims almost always walk away with minor injuries. When things go wrong with a Pit Bull, people are disfigured or killed.

I am an animal lover to my core and a strong believer in personal freedom, but I think if a Pit Bull is in a home with children under 16ish, the mother and father should be held 100% responsible for and disfigurement or death suffered by a child in that home. Not a fine, but if the dog kills one of the kids, the parents should be charged with manslaughter.....because they knew that has been the result in many other homes. I have the same belief as it relates to unsecure weapons in a home with children.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 7:42 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

I am with you 100%. I do not care how many studies they do, Pit Bulls are the only dog in the news somewhere every week or two for mauling it's owner to death....or even worse one of the children in the home. The story is always the same....he/she had never shown aggression....he/she slept in the same bed with our daughter that was just mauled to death for years, etc. etc. You can tell me how labs, chows and shepherds bite more often, but the difference is their victims almost always walk away with minor injuries. When things go wrong with a Pit Bull, people are disfigured or killed.

I am an animal lover to my core and a strong believer in personal freedom, but I think if a Pit Bull is in a home with children under 16ish, the mother and father should be held 100% responsible for and disfigurement or death suffered by a child in that home. Not a fine, but if the dog kills one of the kids, the parents should be charged with manslaughter.....because they knew that has been the result in many other homes. I have the same belief as it relates to unsecure weapons in a home with children.

Those stories never involve responsible owners.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:06 pm    Post subject:

I've talked to multiple people that work in ERs who always tell stories about Pits.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Wiki list of fatal dog attacks in the US:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_dog_attacks_in_the_United_States

Most recent child death according to list (in descending order from 20 to 21) was on 4/27/21:

The [7 yr old] girl was killed while helping her mother care for their neighbors' two pit bulls while the dogs' owners were out of town. Her mother was hospitalized with multiple bites and severe hand injuries. The dogs were seized by animal control authorities. [72]

Last edited by non-player zealot on Tue May 11, 2021 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:49 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:

Omg, that list is almost all pit bulls.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:52 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

Omg, that list is almost all pit bulls.

There are links to reported attacks/deaths from the 2Ks, 90s, 80s at top, btw.

3/9/20, Portsmouth, VA, 2 year old -- pitbull:

The family dog bit the child's face completely off.[20][21]
----

8/7/20, Akron, OH, 7 mo old, -- pitbull:

The child was attacked by the 7-year old family dog while in the arms of his great-grandmother.[41]

Last edited by non-player zealot on Tue May 11, 2021 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 11:10 pm    Post subject:

All dogs can bite. Chihuahuas are basically little ankle biting monsters, IMO, but little kids carry they around like toys and get bit on the face a lot and another chi ends up in the shelter.

But the damage done by a pit biting is just so much more severe. To humans and other dogs. I've seen a pit bull kill another dog, too far away for me to get there in time but not sure what I could have done anyway.

I don't blame the dogs as much as the humans. I've known some very sweet pittie females but so many idiots own pits and the dogs pay the price usually, just luck if some other dog or a human doesn't end up injured or dead. Most of the deaths in those lists are kids or elderly people, if a pit attacks, they don't stand a chance.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 11:17 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
All dogs can bite. Chihuahuas are basically little ankle biting monsters, IMO, but little kids carry they around like toys and get bit on the face a lot and another chi ends up in the shelter.

But the damage done by a pit biting is just so much more severe. To humans and other dogs. I've seen a pit bull kill another dog, too far away for me to get there in time but not sure what I could have done anyway.

I don't blame the dogs as much as the humans. I've known some very sweet pittie females but so many idiots own pits and the dogs pay the price usually, just luck if some other dog or a human doesn't end up injured or dead. Most of the deaths in those lists are kids or elderly people, if a pit attacks, they don't stand a chance.

The ahole men who refuse to get male pitbulls neutered are a menace as well. It's the "I'm not gonna have his balls cut off" mentality. Those dogs, of course, are much more aggro than neutered pitbulls. If you're gonna have a damn pitt at least have it spayed or neutered. Female pitts attack too. Cutting out one of their hormone centers helps to keep them at least somewhat balanced to use a Cesar Romero term. Or is balance a Mr. Miyagi term?
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 11:27 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
SweetP wrote:

The ahole men who refuse to get male pitbulls neutered are a menace as well. It's the "I'm not gonna have his balls cut off" mentality. Those dogs, of course, are much more aggro than neutered pitbulls. If you're gonna have a damn pitt at least have it spayed or neutered. Female pitts attack too. Cutting out one of their hormone centers helps to keep them at least somewhat balanced to use a Cesar Romero term. Or is balance a Mr. Miyagi term?

Yep, I see guys with un-neutered male pits with spiked leather collars and they have no control over the dog and no idea how to train. Just think it looks macho or something. Disaster waiting to happen. Shelters are full of pits and chis in So Cal area. I volunteer with a rescue, anyone who thinks the majority of those dogs make it out alive is kidding themself.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 12:46 am    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
SweetP wrote:

Yep, I see guys with un-neutered male pits with spiked leather collars and they have no control over the dog and no idea how to train. Just think it looks macho or something. Disaster waiting to happen. Shelters are full of pits and chis in So Cal area. I volunteer with a rescue, anyone who thinks the majority of those dogs make it out alive is kidding themself.

Wait, did I say Cesar Romero? Haha. He was the original Joker. I was thinking of Cesar Milan. Just FYI. Haha at spiked leather collars. Typical. Men naturally have this aversion to wanting to get their animals' testes cut off. It hits us hard in the heart, know what I'm sayin? It's a sad thing, but a necessary thing. I had to do it to my cat and he hated me for three or four days. I brought him home and he would lay in new places away from me and he wouldn't even look at me when I called to him and I got right up to him face to face and he looked straight ahead. It was sad, haha. He really was staring straight into space like Duncan when the Spurs were about to lose. Or Webber when we beat the Kings. He got over it, tho. I know re shelters. Animals are euthanized in America on the order of hunrdeds and thousands and fixing animals is also obviously the best way to prevent these unwanted animals. As much as someone loves cats and/or dogs, they can only take in so many. You must be hardened to it in order to tamp down your feelings about it. How do you cope w/ that realization?
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 1:14 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
SweetP wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
SweetP wrote:

Wait, did I say Cesar Romero? Haha. He was the original Joker. I was thinking of Cesar Milan. Just FYI. Haha at spiked leather collars. Typical. Men naturally have this aversion to wanting to get their animals' testes cut off. It hits us hard in the heart, know what I'm sayin? It's a sad thing, but a necessary thing. I had to do it to my cat and he hated me for three or four days. I brought him home and he would lay in new places away from me and he wouldn't even look at me when I called to him and I got right up to him face to face and he looked straight ahead. It was sad, haha. He really was staring straight into space like Duncan when the Spurs were about to lose. Or Webber when we beat the Kings. He got over it, tho. I know re shelters. Animals are euthanized in America on the order of hunrdeds and thousands and fixing animals is also obviously the best way to prevent these unwanted animals. As much as someone loves cats and/or dogs, they can only take in so many. You must be hardened to it in order to tamp down your feelings about it. How do you cope w/ that realization?

1/3 Cheerios. 1/3 Pop tarts,. 1/3 post diahareea stained jockey shorts.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 1:18 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
SweetP wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
SweetP wrote:

It's like (bleep) Schindler's List at times. You just have to save as many as you can knowing you can't help them all. I speak to all the dogs, give them a little attention knowing I cannot help them. But they don't know that and most dogs want a human's attention. Dogs live in the moment. Tends to make you a little disgusted with the humans who dumped them tho'. Shelter workers who have to do the euthanizing I feel for, ghastly job.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 6:21 am    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
SweetP wrote:

I thought you had to fix your dogs unless you had paperwork showing they are pure for breeding purposes.
GoldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 3:32 pm    Post subject:

Bol wrote:

I have to agree. They may be good-hearted by nature, display love, affection and be gentle, BUT when they get triggered run for your life. They can have the most mindful and caring owners and still turn on them. It's an innate instinctual trait they carry.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:41 pm    Post subject:

I think the people who dislike and want all Pitbulls eradicated from Earth seriously probably never owned or played with one?

Maybe only the bad ones?

Either way I’m really not trying to change anyone’s perspective on Pitties. I’ve owned nothing but Pits my entire life and one German Shepard. And guess what the most disobedient out of all my dogs was , the German Shepard.

Yes it’s true Pitbulls have the most strongest muscular structure out of all the dog breeds but the strongest bite force is incorrect. Rottweilers are tested to have the strongest bite force out of all the canine breeds. Like most have mention ,definitely all about the owner and how you raise them.

My dog Kobe ironically was born on August 23, 2013 an by far the sweetest of them all. Also the biggest and most athletic out of all the dogs I’ve owned.
110 pounds of pure love and joy
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:53 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
I think the people who dislike and want all Pitbulls eradicated from Earth seriously probably never owned or played with one?

Maybe only the bad ones?

Either way I’m really not trying to change anyone’s perspective on Pitties. I’ve owned nothing but Pits my entire life and one German Shepard. And guess what the most disobedient out of all my dogs was , the German Shepard.

Yes it’s true Pitbulls have the most strongest muscular structure out of all the dog breeds but the strongest bite force is incorrect. Rottweilers are tested to have the strongest bite force out of all the canine breeds. Like most have mention ,definitely all about the owner and how you raise them.

My dog Kobe ironically was born on August 23, 2013 an by far the sweetest of them all. Also the biggest and most athletic out of all the dogs I’ve owned.
110 pounds of pure love and joy

March 16 - 2 neighborhood pit bulls kill a 3 year old in his backyard

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/3-year-old-was-playing-in-yard-for-1st-time-when-he-and-mom-were-attacked-by-neighbors-dog/2952351/

April 16 - pit bull mauls 71 year old woman

https://bangordailynews.com/2021/04/16/news/central-maine/pit-bull-killed-after-it-mauled-71-year-old-lewiston-woman/

May 4 - pit bulls kill 2 family dogs
https://www.counton2.com/news/local-news/dorchester-county-news/two-dogs-mauled-by-group-of-pit-bulls-in-summerville-neighborhood/

May 11 - pit bull decides a 30 day old baby was alive for 30 days too many

https://www.wfsb.com/news/1-month-old-baby-killed-in-dog-attack-family-devastated/article_64f8b55c-b200-11eb-a4cd-cfbc8815680d.html

pit bull anecdotes are (bleep) worthless next to their body counts. At some point it starts to sound like the "b-b-b-but a good guy with a gun!" trash that gun nuts like to lean on.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:30 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

pit bull anecdotes are (bleep) worthless next to their body counts. At some point it starts to sound like the "b-b-b-but a good guy with a gun!" trash that gun nuts like to lean on.

You can pull up 100 more Pitbull incidents and it won’t change my mind on the Breed. It definitely will not change my mind about the dogs who were apart of my pack.

Also thanks for calling me a “nut” basically. As I am a responsible Pitbull and firearm owner.
I’m sure all my children who have all grew up into functional, contributing , solid members of society have always been around responsible well behaved pitbulls wouldn’t agree to that wonderful nickname you granted me.

The 3 pitbulls I’ve owned in my lifetime thus far have been nothing but sweet b-b-b but you wanna tell me they were all worthless killers because you think every single one of them are devil dogs who have no soul?

You sound 100% like the type of person I’ve mentioned that has never interacted or played with a decent domesticated Pitbull.
Pure Ignorance at its finest.

Now if you excuse me I’m going back to bed where me and my wife share with our 110 pound Pitbull Kobe.
Kobe’s only been guilty of depriving me from trying to get some from my wife as he is the ultimate cuddle monster. The snore competition continues.

Oh and look what I found on the front page of my YouTube feed:

Good Morning America - Military Vet and his Pitbulls are changing misconceptions about dogs and people

The Dodo - 7 Myths about Pitbulls that are complete BS

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7
Jump to: