OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6073, 6074, 6075 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:43 pm    Post subject:

Malik Beasley got abused by Pippen man
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Bogdanovic makes it easier more for Trae Young so definitely not available. Schroder had a nice year at OKC, maybe we can sign and trade him back along with our first pick for Horford and the rights to Micic. Micic wants to move on to NBA. Maybe that mini MLE is enough.

Bogdan was available when MIL messed up their trade last year. Now, it's far too late.

OKC already has that agreement with Micic, just like they did with Moses Brown. I can't see Micic going anywhere even if I like him, and that's with the assumption that he can be playoff ready.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:

1) Damn, dude. No need to start a stink just because your post didn't do numbers.

2) How bad is Beasley on defense?

3) Why are the Timberwolves trading him in the first place and how are the Lakers acquiring him?

I was just joking. Beasley had an off the court incident. So I was hyping up his "shooting" ability.

Quote:
Suspended 12 Games For Pointing Gun At Family

TMZ

But I do like him. Defense was solid when he played for the Nuggets. Nobody plays D in Minny though.
Timberwolves have a bunch of guards. Anthony Edwards, DLO, Rubio, Okogie, Culver. They don't need him. He doesn't fill a need there.

And $ matches with Kuzma + McKinnie next season. The more I think about it. The more I think it is a no brainer.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:06 pm    Post subject:

He would be closer to Mrs. Pippen.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:26 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Probably using the Lakers as a means of leverage to get more from the Knicks...but still good to see us as a potential landing spot for DRose

https://mobile.twitter.com/massey_evan/status/1403046131999858689

Also reports had Cp3 declining his player option and angling for a 3yr 100m deal. Rival execs have him priced at 3 yrs 60m. So it seems like it’s going to be somewhere in between like 3ys 75-80m.

https://mobile.twitter.com/sichrismannix/status/1403014832799064064?s=21

If we somehow find ourselves in the Paul sweepstakes, then if he does opt out and set up a S&t, we’ll be hard capped @ 143m with his new deal on our books. Let’s assume it’s 2021 1st, Kcp, Kuz that gets the deal done with Schro and Trez walking away for nothing.

Bron/AD/Cp3@25m/AC@8m/THT@8m/Gasol/McKinnie fully guaranteed/FullMLE/DengDeadCap = 132m team salary for 8 active players

We would have roughly an 11m threshold till we hit the cap apron to sign 4 more players to the vet min.

Granted all this is hypothetical and highly optimistic, but the Suns did get Cp3 essentially for expirings, young players on team friendly deals and a 2022 1st round pick.

I'm not sure there is going to be a Cp3 sweepstakes. Phoenix is up 2-0 in the second round and has as good a shot to make the finals as anyone from the west.

I could see them resigning him. If he leaves, they could open up close to $40 million in cap space. If I'm them, I think I'd rather spend that on free agents than on KCP and Kuz. I think our chances of getting Cp3 are pretty low.

Yeah, I’m a hopeless romantic so I always feel we’ll find a way to get the one that got away back. I understernd that’s it’s going to be more than “basketball reasons” to finally get him in purple & gold.

There’s a thread that implies what our biggest mistake of the 2020/21 season was and I feel it was nit going harder to bring Cp3 here, cause now it’s going to be a whole lot harder for cap reasons. It must be me getting older, but I had a mental hiccup in my original post... the over-38 rule is going to muck up any possibility we have on the dude.

If he opts out if his 44m player option, we’re going to need to bring him in via S&t at a lower cap hit since the hard cap will be triggered. But S&t’ing a player needs to be 3yrs minimum in length as a means of the new team earning beck that player’s bird rights. So a 3yr deal wound put Paul at “over-38” in the final year of that deal and that triggers a deferment payment where the final year if his deal gets divvied up in the first 2 years of his deal. So for example a S&t 3yr 60m deal wouldn’t have Cp3 on our books for 20m...rather it would count as 30m and look as a 2yr 60m deferred deal till it appears likely that Cp3 can play in that final 3rd year.

So the combination of the hard cap being triggered via an incoming S&t player along with the over-38 rule sabotages further any potential Cp3 deal.

All that being said, Kcp/Kuz aggregation has the potential to bring in as much as 32.6m in salary. Also with Ayton due a max rookie extension in 2022, the Suns will be looking at 30m in a cap hit for the big man next summer along with Book’s deal and whatever they extend Chris at (potentially 110m just for those 3). Will the notoriously frugal Sarver pay up?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

No worries. Right now I'm just stuck on the idea of trading to CLE since I'm sure Kevin Love wants to move, but it doesn't really address team needs in term of rim protection or creative playmaking. I think LAL missed out on opportunities with CP3, Bogdanovic, Lowry, and that's it for the primetime creators.

I don't get worked up with the notion that we ever missed out on a player. I just accept that teams will often like a package from another team better than what we can offer, and that every trade is a gamble that has a risk of not working out.

Trades that cause fans to cheer often have them jeering a little bit later, and vice versa. Heck, people often change their opinion on how good or bad a trade was several times as the years go by.

Today, we regret not going for Paul (whether or not they would have taken our package). But it's also possible Paul could have declined rather than continue his resurgence, and we might have ended up kicking ourselves. Ditto with Lowry. Or they could have played great and brought us a ring. You just never know, so I choose not to torture myself imagining we missed out on a best case scenario.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Good post Activeverb. The what if, would have, could have, yada yada yada game is meaningless. Nobody knows how things would have shaken out.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:51 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:

1) Damn, dude. No need to start a stink just because your post didn't do numbers.

2) How bad is Beasley on defense?

3) Why are the Timberwolves trading him in the first place and how are the Lakers acquiring him?

I was just joking. Beasley had an off the court incident. So I was hyping up his "shooting" ability.

Quote:
Suspended 12 Games For Pointing Gun At Family

TMZ

But I do like him. Defense was solid when he played for the Nuggets. Nobody plays D in Minny though.
Timberwolves have a bunch of guards. Anthony Edwards, DLO, Rubio, Okogie, Culver. They don't need him. He doesn't fill a need there.

And $ matches with Kuzma + McKinnie next season. The more I think about it. The more I think it is a no brainer.

Gonna have to give them that #22 pick at least.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:51 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Today, we regret not going for Paul (whether or not they would have taken our package). But it's also possible Paul could have declined rather than continue his resurgence, and we might have ended up kicking ourselves. Ditto with Lowry. Or they could have played great and brought us a ring. You just never know, so I choose not to torture myself imagining we missed out on a best case scenario.

No doubt.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:58 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

No worries. Right now I'm just stuck on the idea of trading to CLE since I'm sure Kevin Love wants to move, but it doesn't really address team needs in term of rim protection or creative playmaking. I think LAL missed out on opportunities with CP3, Bogdanovic, Lowry, and that's it for the primetime creators.

I don't get worked up with the notion that we ever missed out on a player. I just accept that teams will often like a package from another team better than what we can offer, and that every trade is a gamble that has a risk of not working out.

Trades that cause fans to cheer often have them jeering a little bit later, and vice versa. Heck, people often change their opinion on how good or bad a trade was several times as the years go by.

I do get worked up, because this is the championship window. More critical for this team than all other teams.

I suppose it's different for me because communicate to more people in the know on twitter now and not just media sources. So if you're asking me if these were possible, I'd absolutely say yes. Ditto for CP3s or Bogdan's desire to go to LA. But LAL didn't make an offer, for a series of reasons. Fine. Doesn't mean I have to like that either.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:43 pm    Post subject:

What's up with Clarkson? I feel like so many former Laker players thrive in other teams. Watching Zubac and JC in the playoffs make wonder if we could have made better decisions with our young assets. JC used to receive so much hate on LG. I feel Kuzma could be another JC if and when he played for another team. I'm guessing the pressure of playing for the Lakers and the pressure of performing inhibited the performance of these players.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:06 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
What's up with Clarkson? I feel like so many former Laker players thrive in other teams. Watching Zubac and JC in the playoffs make wonder if we could have made better decisions with our young assets. JC used to receive so much hate on LG. I feel Kuzma could be another JC if and when he played for another team. I'm guessing the pressure of playing for the Lakers and the pressure of performing inhibited the performance of these players.

They got older. Experience and physical maturity are important.

Kuz just had his best pro season.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

Duh, it’s called getting older, more mature and better, skill wise.
It’s not just former Lakers. It’s every player in the nba. Some get better, some don’t.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:15 pm    Post subject:

JC was always a scorer. Much more poised now. Remember he also played with LBJ in a Finals and was absolutely terrible. Kudos for the hard work he has put in. Proud of our JC.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:20 pm    Post subject:

JC was horrible in CAVS when LBJ was there. dude was low IQ and drives right into 3 people and fumble.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:31 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

It's funny: Clarkson is four years and two teams removed from his stint in LA. And people debate whether the hype around him holds up when you probe the statistics of his on-court impact. I actually think his teammate, Joe Ingles, deserved the 6th man award over him.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

I do get worked up, because this is the championship window. More critical for this team than all other teams.

I suppose it's different for me because communicate to more people in the know on twitter now and not just media sources. So if you're asking me if these were possible, I'd absolutely say yes. Ditto for CP3s or Bogdan's desire to go to LA. But LAL didn't make an offer, for a series of reasons. Fine. Doesn't mean I have to like that either.

That's fine if it provides entertainment for you.

Obviously, nothing we do as fans is going to impact what actually happens.

But if analyzing possibilities and imagining fantasy trade scenarios is your thing, have fun with it.

My point is that nothing is guaranteed, so there's no reason getting worked up that we missed out on best-case scenarios, unless getting worked up is part of the way you entertain yourself. If so, it's cool.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:41 pm    Post subject:

This is why I really appreciate the 2020 championship. I’ve been a Lakers fan since the 1980s and I still love the 2020 one.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:49 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
This is why I really appreciate the 2020 championship. I’ve been a Lakers fan since the 1980s and I still love the 2020 one.

I've been a Lakers fan since the '80s too. I can't say the 2020 championship was any particularly thrill for me.

Absolutely loved Showtime. The threepeat was a blast. Since then the Lakers have taken a backseat to other things in my life. They used to be front and center, and are now just background noise.

As much as I love them, if the Lakers and the NBA disappeared tomorrow, I would adjust in about a week.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:59 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I've been a Lakers fan since the '80s too. I can't say the 2020 championship was any particularly thrill for me.

Absolutely loved Showtime. The threepeat was a blast. Since then the Lakers have taken a backseat to other things in my life. They used to be front and center, and are now just background noise.

As much as I love them, if the Lakers and the NBA disappeared tomorrow, I would adjust in about a week.

My Lakers fanhood increased more after I left LA where I grew up. Strange.
Luis5150
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:05 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I became a Laker fan in 1984 (13 yrs old...) living in Puerto Rico staying up really late (Atlantic time zone was 4 hrs difference....) to watch games but OH so worth it
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Luis5150 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I became a Laker fan in 1984 (13 yrs old...) living in Puerto Rico staying up really late (Atlantic time zone was 4 hrs difference....) to watch games but OH so worth it

I'm even earlier than that. As a kid, I remember listening to Chick call games where Jerry West was playing.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:14 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

We definitely got poor value in return for many of our young assets, but that was mostly because we did not have any leverage with other teams fully aware that we were focused on clearing cap space. In regards to Clarkson, he has improved, but I think the clear difference in Utah is that he has always had a consistent role in Utah. He has been the 6th man....not rotating in an out of the starting lineup....or the 8th man some nights. I think it has been critical for him to know his role and know it is not changing.
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:18 pm    Post subject:

imagine actually utilizing the MLE on a player of neead...a ball handling guard in Clarkson and then using the pick/green to get wing...
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:29 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
CRoost wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
Since we're talking about what the Lakers could've done...Bogi at 4/$72M would've been a bargain, no? Especially if Kuz/Green/1st could've gotten it done for the Kings......

Bargain, yes. Break even defensive player with Capela behind him too. Would have been perfectly good defensively at LAL.

Isn't he also a solid playmaker for a guy most people think is just a shooter? Maybe not a true secondary ballhandler like Schroder, but he could certainly help take some pressure off a lead guy.

Sticking to the same team, do you think Gallo as a reasonable option to pursue this summer on a team where he might be an odd man out, age and position wise?

I think someone like Gary Harris could be a good target. Maybe Kuz and the first. Can shoot and play good defense . Ideal fit

I like him, but Harris isn't completely healed off his past injury and doesn't look like his former self.

He has never really had a "healthy" season, and I think the injuries have taken their toll at this point. He seems to miss 20ish games a year, and I have seen no signs of that changing.

I am sure the Magic would love to move him for a bad expiring and a draft asset if possible, but I would not offer anything of value for him. I think there is a good chance he is bought out at some point next season and is a FA.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6073, 6074, 6075 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 6074 of 8560
Jump to: