That's My Jam!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 May 2011
Posts: 10049
Location: PTY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:04 pm    Post subject:

1976 Down Beat Poll Award Winners

Phenomenal concert featuring all the great jazz cats of the mid 70s. Hosted by Chick Corea who was also the house pianist.. RIP
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 18782
Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:03 am    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
1976 Down Beat Poll Award Winners

Phenomenal concert featuring all the great jazz cats of the mid 70s. Hosted by Chick Corea who was also the house pianist.. RIP


wow, thanks for this
_________________
http://chickhearn.ytmnd.com/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 18782
Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Master of Puppets turns 35 today

Sanitarium
_________________
http://chickhearn.ytmnd.com/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 11238
Location: Stay Thirsty my Friends

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Found this song a few months ago and have been hypnotized by it ever since...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dChqaYS7NUg

so many miles....away
_________________
“Always remember... Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 May 2011
Posts: 10049
Location: PTY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:00 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Master of Puppets turns 35 today

Sanitarium


I really like Orion from this album.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 18782
Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Doreen Ketchens, Jazz clarinetist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uLpojeYm9Y
_________________
http://chickhearn.ytmnd.com/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 18782
Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:01 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
C M B wrote:
Master of Puppets turns 35 today

Sanitarium


I really like Orion from this album.


Orion is 2 fantastic songs in one

the 2nd part is sublime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoO5LYx1Kxc&t=238s
_________________
http://chickhearn.ytmnd.com/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 May 2011
Posts: 10049
Location: PTY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:19 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
C M B wrote:
Master of Puppets turns 35 today

Sanitarium


I really like Orion from this album.


Orion is 2 fantastic songs in one

the 2nd part is sublime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoO5LYx1Kxc&t=238s


I view the second part as an epitaph of sorts to Cliff’s brilliant musical life. Great piece. Their instrumentals always resonated as much as their lyrical work; Call of Ktulu, To Live is to Die, all great.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 18782
Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:49 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
C M B wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
C M B wrote:
Master of Puppets turns 35 today

Sanitarium


I really like Orion from this album.


Orion is 2 fantastic songs in one

the 2nd part is sublime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoO5LYx1Kxc&t=238s


I view the second part as an epitaph of sorts to Cliff’s brilliant musical life. Great piece. Their instrumentals always resonated as much as their lyrical work; Call of Ktulu, To Live is to Die, all great.


I didn't realize it until now but I do think of Cliff's face whenever that part of the song starts. Well-put.
_________________
http://chickhearn.ytmnd.com/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 18782
Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Sax cover of Shanice Wilson's "I Love Your Smile"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSRRtSmRvOs
_________________
http://chickhearn.ytmnd.com/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2001
Posts: 12228

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:00 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Found this song a few months ago and have been hypnotized by it ever since...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dChqaYS7NUg

so many miles....away


I also found it awhile back and have to agree: hypnotizing it is.

A song from the past that I can always get lost in, especially the guitar outro, is the very obscure PNS by Illinois Speed Press, with Paul Cotton who became a mainstay in Poco.
_________________
"In vino veritas, in regno Trumpi licentia"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 May 2011
Posts: 10049
Location: PTY

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:59 pm    Post subject:

United State of Mind by Robin Trower/Maxi Priest/Livingstone Brown

Interesting new supergroup; I've always enjoyed Maxi Priest's tunes and Robin Trower is one of my fav guitar players, it's an odd mix of characters but they blend rather beautifully. I'm happy to hear Trower continuing to make great music well into his 70s.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Nov 2003
Posts: 3034
Location: 921SD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:35 am    Post subject:

STEVIE NICKS - "Stand Back" - ferniebee
_________________
Nuthin' but a 'G' Thang
(instrumental/acoustic)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 30504

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 5:28 am    Post subject:

Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
And stuff it up the hole
In your culture
Give me back the Berlin wall
Give me Stalin and St. Paul
I've seen the future, brother
It is murder
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=MPeP09FV3tk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 19271
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 5:53 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
And stuff it up the hole
In your culture
Give me back the Berlin wall
Give me Stalin and St. Paul
I've seen the future, brother
It is murder


Love me some Cohen. A true genius.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 45603

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Billy and The Kids featuring Billy Strings....recorded live a few days ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9F1AHxpQSw

And this one from a bit later in the set with Carlos Santana and Billy Strings sitting in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ3Mc-UZvGE
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2001
Posts: 12228

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 8:57 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Billy and The Kids featuring Billy Strings....recorded live a few days ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9F1AHxpQSw

And this one from a bit later in the set with Carlos Santana and Billy Strings sitting in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ3Mc-UZvGE


Wholly sonic energy, Batman, the clarity and balance was better than many a Dead show. You can easily even hear more than one guitar . . . and not only that, the interplay was noice.

Nothing and no one can replace the magic of Jerry, even when he was off, but this has to be the next best thing.
_________________
"In vino veritas, in regno Trumpi licentia"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 45603

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 6:51 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Billy and The Kids featuring Billy Strings....recorded live a few days ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9F1AHxpQSw

And this one from a bit later in the set with Carlos Santana and Billy Strings sitting in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ3Mc-UZvGE


Wholly sonic energy, Batman, the clarity and balance was better than many a Dead show. You can easily even hear more than one guitar . . . and not only that, the interplay was noice.

Nothing and no one can replace the magic of Jerry, even when he was off, but this has to be the next best thing.


I was really surprised I liked it as I am the ultimate Jerry purist and have never been a big fan of any of the versions of "The Dead" after he passed away. But I really like the sound of Billy and The Kids, it blows away Dead and Company in my opinion and Dead and Company is probably the most popular touring band as far as filling seats in the United States today.

Billy and The Kids play the songs at a much faster tempo than Dead and Company and it reminds me somewhat of 1980s Grateful Dead which was always my favorite time of the band.
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 30504

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 5:34 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
And stuff it up the hole
In your culture
Give me back the Berlin wall
Give me Stalin and St. Paul
I've seen the future, brother
It is murder


Love me some Cohen. A true genius.

You Want It Darker and Blackstar definite the decade for me. Leonard was a genius to the end.
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=MPeP09FV3tk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 30504

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:14 am    Post subject:

So Tom Jones had a variety show in the UK in the 60s and 70s? And the best singers in the world would sing duets with him???

Yes!

Tom Jones and Janis: https://youtube.com/watch?v=mZmiefQ5y4U

Tom Jones and Aretha: https://youtube.com/watch?v=nlTnnq3M9TA
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=MPeP09FV3tk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
Page 19 of 19
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB