Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 108, 109, 110  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 11:32 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
The Chi dropped. I just watched S4 E1. I won't post spoilers. Looks like there's gonna be a lot of drama. Who watched?

I have always watched by Monday evening. I feel bad for Emmitt...they got him sweating! Why in the world is Dom hooking up with Darnell?!?! Btw, Darnell and the VCR was funny. Kevin thinking he is slick in regards to Jemma's dad.....while not fooling anyone.

Jemma's dad's letting them dig a hole. He played it off so cool. I wonder when he's gonna drop the hammer?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 12:00 am    Post subject:

Glad I stuck wit Mr. Robot you guys were right. Season 3 has been awesome so far.

I don't know why but I didn't enjoy 1-2 at all. Found it a bit too dark and weird but I am glad I hung in there. It's all playing out nicely now.

Queen of the South season 5 has been good as always. Nice easy watch. It's like a low-tier cartel show..I give it a 7/10. Acting can be pretty bad most of the time but I still enjoy it.

And boy do I miss Startup. That was an amazing 3 season watch.

Any thoughts on Lucifer guys? Hearing about it a lot but am a little nervous to try it.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 12:01 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Finished Startup. I hope it gets a season 4. Just started The Nevers on HBO and The Underground Railroad on Prime. So far so good.

It's gained so much traction I'd be shocked at this rate if it doesn't get a season 4. Here's to hoping!
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:18 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
The Chi dropped. I just watched S4 E1. I won't post spoilers. Looks like there's gonna be a lot of drama. Who watched?

I have always watched by Monday evening. I feel bad for Emmitt...they got him sweating! Why in the world is Dom hooking up with Darnell?!?! Btw, Darnell and the VCR was funny. Kevin thinking he is slick in regards to Jemma's dad.....while not fooling anyone.

Jemma's dad's letting them dig a hole. He played it off so cool. I wonder when he's gonna drop the hammer?

Episode #2 was not a favorite of mine....maybe I was not in the mood, but it just annoyed me. Emmett confessing, and his girl getting revenge....the guy Trig brought home from jail is going to be a problem, etc. All of it just annoyed me for some reason. Then it ended on crappy news.

I thought the scene with Jake on the bus telling Kevin the Dr. said his hand would be all good in a few days....then 30 seconds later he tells the young lady that it would take months to heal was funny. Also, Papa thinking Van Jones would do his podcast!

Oh yeah....Douda firing the cop on the spot and announcing he was defunding the police. Little things like that annoy me because everyone knows the Mayor cannot unilaterally make those calls on the spot. Just seems like lazy writing....Douda should have announced he was "proposing" the action to the City Council and would expect their support. It probably seems small to most, and just a me thing.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:25 am    Post subject:

Mare of Easttown was solid, but there was something off in the way it concluded. Like, they did a good job on spinning the outcome, but it just did not feel as surprising as it should have in my opinion.

Watching Mare of Easttown and Hacks near the same time will cause whiplash with Jean Smart as she is two completely different characters in the roles....which I guess means she did a good job in both.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:32 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
Finished Startup. I hope it gets a season 4. Just started The Nevers on HBO and The Underground Railroad on Prime. So far so good.

It's gained so much traction I'd be shocked at this rate if it doesn't get a season 4. Here's to hoping!

Are you guys talking about the show (Startup) that was on Crackle? I really liked that show, but it ended several years ago, right?

There was another show that came on in that same timeframe with Michael Kenneth Williams that I enjoyed called Hap and Leonard that just ended in a similar fashion. I think it was on Sundance TV.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:34 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Mare of Easttown was solid, but there was something off in the way it concluded. Like, they did a good job on spinning the outcome, but it just did not feel as surprising as it should have in my opinion.

Watching Mare of Easttown and Hacks near the same time will cause whiplash with Jean Smart as she is two completely different characters in the roles....which I guess means she did a good job in both.

I like the twist but don't get why Dylan who didn't want the child to begin with, didn't kill Erin, would burn her journals and stuff. Maybe I miss something
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:18 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I like the twist but don't get why Dylan who didn't want the child to begin with, didn't kill Erin, would burn her journals and stuff. Maybe I miss something

His parents still wanted to keep the kid so he wanted them to be happy. And he realized in the hospital that he still had affection for the kid when it was crying and he picked him up.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:27 am    Post subject:

I really liked Mare of Easttown. My take on it was that it was an exploration of what a mother would do for her child— whether they were missing, killed, needed surgery, needed to be raised by someone else, or did something wrong (murder)— and how far was too far. They did an incredible job weaving all of these families together so that everyone was impacted in some way by another mother/child. Even Zobel’s mom was brought into it.

I hope the Roy from The Office gets more serious roles, I thought he was great in this.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:28 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Snipes wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

Are you guys talking about the show (Startup) that was on Crackle? I really liked that show, but it ended several years ago, right?

There was another show that came on in that same timeframe with Michael Kenneth Williams that I enjoyed called Hap and Leonard that just ended in a similar fashion. I think it was on Sundance TV.

Yeah the one from Crackle. It was added to Netflix recently so it’s become more popular/well known.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:31 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Episode #2 was not a favorite of mine....maybe I was not in the mood, but it just annoyed me. Emmett confessing, and his girl getting revenge....the guy Trig brought home from jail is going to be a problem, etc. All of it just annoyed me for some reason. Then it ended on crappy news.

I thought the scene with Jake on the bus telling Kevin the Dr. said his hand would be all good in a few days....then 30 seconds later he tells the young lady that it would take months to heal was funny. Also, Papa thinking Van Jones would do his podcast!

Oh yeah....Douda firing the cop on the spot and announcing he was defunding the police. Little things like that annoy me because everyone knows the Mayor cannot unilaterally make those calls on the spot. Just seems like lazy writing....Douda should have announced he was "proposing" the action to the City Council and would expect their support. It probably seems small to most, and just a me thing.

Emmit confessing didn't sit right, Tiffany giving it up sat worse. Is she going to let the guilt of her affair weigh on her as is did Emmett and confess or is she going to throw it in his face?

You and I are on the same page concerning Trigs partner.

I think Kiesha's gonna end up keeping the baby.

I like what Douda did. His assistant wants to run things, Douda's not going to let him.

So far the series is living up to my expectations.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:34 pm    Post subject:

I watched oslo. It was OK. topical for sure. Well acted and expectedly slow.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:03 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Emmit confessing didn't sit right, Tiffany giving it up sat worse. Is she going to let the guilt of her affair weigh on her as is did Emmett and confess or is she going to throw it in his face?

Yeah, things were finally is a good place or should have been.

jodeke wrote:
I think Kiesha's gonna end up keeping the baby.

It feels like that is the direction she is leaning.

jodeke wrote:
I like what Douda did. His assistant wants to run things, Douda's not going to let him.

It was just a process thing, not the actual action. In 2021, no Mayor has that level of unilateral power. If it was on NBC, I would not have blinked but this is a show that is mostly very attentive to details in the writing.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
I watched oslo. It was OK. topical for sure. Well acted and expectedly slow.

ugh...I was kind of looking forward to watching.....but now I will have to find a time I am in the mood for a movie described as "slow". As you said, it should have been expected.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:09 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Snipes wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

Yeah the one from Crackle. It was added to Netflix recently so it’s become more popular/well known.

Edi Gathegi was excellent in the show. Also, I have not seen much of Otmara Marrero (Izzy) on anything since that show ended....but I became a fan of hers from that show.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:30 am    Post subject:

friend told me a Netflix French series 'family business' is good, subtitles, gonna check it out
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:55 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Snipes wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

Edi Gathegi was excellent in the show. Also, I have not seen much of Otmara Marrero (Izzy) on anything since that show ended....but I became a fan of hers from that show.

Yup I thought all 3 were great. Izzy was so annoying at times I wanted to jump through my screen. That’s a sign of good acting though. Glad the show is getting praise now..season 4 is inevitable if it’s going to stick with Netflix.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Mr. Inbetween

If you haven't seen it before, go watch it. Especially this new season. Trust me.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Mythic Quest just had another semi-standalone episode and it was just about as good as the one from the first season.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:47 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Mythic Quest just had another semi-standalone episode and it was just about as good as the one from the first season.

I really enjoyed it. Thanks for reminding me. I remember seeing the episode description last week and figured it was another standalone. The show runners are really good at these type of episodes.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:39 am    Post subject:

just finished startup. Thoroughly enjoyed. there has to be another season.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:17 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Mr. Inbetween

If you haven't seen it before, go watch it. Especially this new season. Trust me.

Can’t wait to get into this. Will let you know my review soon.

By the way anybody seen Line of Duty? 95% on RT and 8.7/10 IMDb.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:28 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
just finished startup. Thoroughly enjoyed. there has to be another season.

yeah, I'm on early season 3 now, good choices of characters and backgrounds, very diverse.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:23 am    Post subject:

Waiting for season 2, Power Book II: Ghost to drop. Anyone have a update?

Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:19 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Mr. Inbetween

Can’t wait to get into this. Will let you know my review soon.

By the way anybody seen Line of Duty? 95% on RT and 8.7/10 IMDb.

Line of Duty is excellent! I highly recommend it. Its about an anti police corruption unit in England. The writing and acting are so good!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 58 of 110
Jump to: