Offensive system

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:39 pm    Post subject: Offensive system

I understand this team hasn’t had much time together.
1. Short offseason
2. Injuries (obviously)
3. Acquisitions (Drummond and BMac)
4. Lack of practice time (which can be said for every team )

All that said, this is an nba team and we should be able to run some sort of offense. I know when LbJ and AD are healthy we play iso ball more, but it’s not like these guys just got hurt suddenly.

At the end of the day players have to put the ball in the hoop, but I just don’t feel this team takes the easiest path to that at times.

Vogel is a great defensive coach, but our offense has sucked all year. Yes part of that is making open looks, but another big part should be getting easy looks.

Even when LbJ and AD were healthy we were settling for late shots.

Is it lack of talent? Perimeter threat? Or does this team just think they are going to play defense and run when they can?

Whatever the answer is, our halfcourt offense blows.
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Offense is fine. We missed so many open looks. We need better shooters. We also need a true playmaking guard who isn't afraid to drive but also find the open man. Only thing is Lakers need to cut more because that either draws the defense which leaves an open man or an easy layup. Phoenix has been doing it all series.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:48 pm    Post subject:

phantasyman wrote:
Offense is fine. We missed so many open looks. We need better shooters. We also need a true playmaking guard who isn't afraid to drive but also find the open man. Only thing is Lakers need to cut more because that either draws the defense which leaves an open man or an easy layup. Phoenix has been doing it all series.

did you just make my point ?
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
phantasyman wrote:

No
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:55 pm    Post subject:

phantasyman wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
phantasyman wrote:

No

Well you need to rewatch film. Our open looks we’re not in Any rhythm, and we had no plan to break down their defensive wall.

How many late shot clock shots did we have? I’ll answer it for you, to many.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:03 pm    Post subject:

We have LeBron run the offense, have Bradley/KCP been the second playmaker, have Rondo been the playmaker off the bench and Caruso assisted him, have Green spaced the floor, have Kuzma run fastbreak and cut backdoor......most importantly, have team spirit.

This year everything are in a mess except defense.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:19 am    Post subject:

i think we are really missing Rondo. he was a true leader, no one was going to talk back to him and they trusted him to make the right play, the right decision. i don't get the same vibe when AC or dennis are running the point.

Sina wrote:
We have LeBron run the offense, have Bradley/KCP been the second playmaker, have Rondo been the playmaker off the bench and Caruso assisted him, have Green spaced the floor, have Kuzma run fastbreak and cut backdoor......most importantly, have team spirit.

troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:22 am    Post subject:

We just need players that can actually make shots. What a concept at the NBA level.
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
i think we are really missing Rondo. he was a true leader, no one was going to talk back to him and they trusted him to make the right play, the right decision. i don't get the same vibe when AC or dennis are running the point.

Sina wrote:

I really can't understand why Rondo was not brought back - really baffling after proving he was a vital championship piece. Sort of a lateral move in losing Green, JaVale and Dwight so no big deal, but loosing Rondo's intangibles and championship drive is glaringly apparent.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:50 am    Post subject:

Laker_Jocker wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

Sina wrote:

I really can't understand why Rondo was not brought back - really baffling after proving he was a vital championship piece. Sort of a lateral move in losing Green, JaVale and Dwight so no big deal, but loosing Rondo's intangibles and championship drive is glaringly apparent.

He wanted more money than we could offer him. It was that simple.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:59 am    Post subject:

Lebron ball and bricking shooters.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: