Dodgers 2021 Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 393, 394, 395  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 10:50 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
This is crazy. I saw this baseball play from 1974 on twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BaseballQuotes1/status/1398701073477607424

Dude this is incredible
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 12:22 pm    Post subject:

(bleep), now Kershaw is getting rocked....gonna lost 3 of 4 to these bastards.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Huge stinker from Kersh...this reg season is going to be such a grind.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Can today possibly get any worse?
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Huge stinker from Kersh...this reg season is going to be such a grind.

I have a feeling Kershaw’s ERA will be around 3.8+ by the end of the season. Every few starts now, he gives up like 4+ runs and his ERA jumps.

Here are the frequencies of his bad starts this year:

1st start - 5.2ip, 5 ER
7th start - 1ip, 4 ER
9th start - 6ip, 5 ER
12th start - 6ip, 5 ERA
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 5:44 pm    Post subject:

I knew it would take a while to get Belli and McKinstry up to speed...Just thought the other guys (and pitching) would pick them up.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Its feast or famine with this team....looks like this season will be a struggle.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 10:38 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Its feast or famine with this team....looks like this season will be a struggle.

Yeah we’re definitely not locked in like we were last year.

Also, everyone’s been cold, streaky, or injured.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 12:06 am    Post subject:

The inconsistencies in the lineup have not helped at all. Lot of injuries and I know we got Cody/McKinstry back but how much can you really expect from them. I don't know if Mckinstry was overachieving earlier, I guess time will tell and I am not so high on Cody to begin with but I hope I am wrong this year.

Even when we had Seager he went on that slump and it didn't help. Thank god Turner was hot to start and Muncy is crushing right now or we would be in a huge hole.

More than anything though I expected more from Mookie. I know he can and will catch fire I have no doubt but it would be good if he could get going now. Injuries haven't helped his case and he has still been pretty good but by his standards it has been a disappointing start.

BUT on the bright side...our starting pitchers are still healthy (knock on wood) and we should be getting a full lineup soon. If guys like Mookie..Muncy..Seager..Cody and Turner can get going at the same time it will be lights out even with our horrible BP.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Oh looky, another player out of position makes 2 errors for us, and that's the difference in the game now. It's getting ridiculous.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Wow. That CT at-bat was epic!
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Looks, sounds, and feels like a playoff game
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 7:40 pm    Post subject:

This is crazy.

Quote:
* #Dodgers lead all time series vs STL 1,032-1,030 #Cardinals since 1890*

https://mobile.twitter.com/THEREAL_DV/status/1399544372455084034
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Our starters aren't doing so hot lately - Bauer gave up 3 blasts today.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 8:02 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
This is crazy.

Quote:
* #Dodgers lead all time series vs STL 1,032-1,030 #Cardinals since 1890*

https://mobile.twitter.com/THEREAL_DV/status/1399544372455084034

VLF needs to see this
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Good offense today - Gonna be nice to get Gonsolin back. Also, Alexander and Nelson in the bullpen. I think our starters are a little tired right now, need some help.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:16 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Good offense today - Gonna be nice to get Gonsolin back. Also, Alexander and Nelson in the bullpen. I think our starters are a little tired right now, need some help.

And Graterol.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Price is starting. Bullpen game tonight.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Giants and Padres lost.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:30 pm    Post subject:

The stolen base bites us again. It’s such an effective weapon against us this year.

I don’t know why we don’t incorporate it into our game. In these tight late inning games, a stolen base to get the runner into scoring position is huge.

Cardinals get 2 man on in the top of the 9th. We got 2 men on in the bottom of the 9th.

Difference? They got that stolen base to put their runner in scoring position so the single drove him in.

We played station to station baseball and coaches and ended up with men on 1st and 2nd.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:56 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
The stolen base bites us again. It’s such an effective weapon against us this year.

I don’t know why we don’t incorporate it into our game. In these tight late inning games, a stolen base to get the runner into scoring position is huge.

Cardinals get 2 man on in the top of the 9th. We got 2 men on in the bottom of the 9th.

Difference? They got that stolen base to put their runner in scoring position so the single drove him in.

We played station to station baseball and coaches and ended up with men on 1st and 2nd.

Tsutsugo doesn't run very well, so that wasn't going to happen, plus there were 2 outs at the time, plus Mookie was thrown out yesterday by Yadi by about 5 feet on a strike-em-out-throw-em-out. But you are absolutely right that teams are running on us with impunity. It's definitely something other teams should continue to do on us in the late innings.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:21 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

Tsutsugo doesn't run very well, so that wasn't going to happen, plus there were 2 outs at the time, plus Mookie was thrown out yesterday by Yadi by about 5 feet on a strike-em-out-throw-em-out. But you are absolutely right that teams are running on us with impunity. It's definitely something other teams should continue to do on us in the late innings.

I didn’t really care for it at the start of the year and ignored it but with the dead ball meaning less XBHs and homers..the extra base has become crucial. I don’t know if we have the personnel to start incorporating it but it’s going to continue to bite us in the ass this year.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:38 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

I didn’t really care for it at the start of the year and ignored it but with the dead ball meaning less XBHs and homers..the extra base has become crucial. I don’t know if we have the personnel to start incorporating it but it’s going to continue to bite us in the ass this year.

Yeah, for some reason we’re just so bad at throwing out runners that it’s just so glaring now.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:40 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

I honestly don’t think we’d run in that situation no matter what. We just don’t take chances.

I just think back to how we refused to run on Jon Lester in the playoffs. We just kept faking it but we never actually went.
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:32 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:

We've become good at two things this season.
1) Letting players steal bases (We must lead the majors at that)
2) Leaving stranded baseman.

So far, we've been an up and down team.

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
2020 WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS!
2020 WORLD CHAMPION DODGERS!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 393, 394, 395  Next
Page 69 of 395
Jump to: