*** Phoenix Suns vs. Los Angeles Lakers (05/30/21 @ 12:30PM PDT), Lakers up 2-1, Playoff Gm #4***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 40, 41, 42  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:29 pm    Post subject:

I don't know what happened to Kuz. He doesn't seem to have any confidence in his shot. He's been open at the 3 point line and passed. In the past, he would take the shot.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Availability is a part of the game. AD is a brilliant player, but 1-10 he’s about a 2 or 3 in this area.

Every play is either something bothering him, going to the Locker room or playing through a full game but making sure everyone knows he is hurt.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:36 pm    Post subject:

If Anthony Davis does not come back in this series we lose the series our team is just dynamic too much around to type in players not to have one of them playing if Anthony Davis is back we will win but groin injuries are bad
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:36 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Availability is a part of the game. AD is a brilliant player, but 1-10 he’s about a 2 or 3 in this area.

Every play is either something bothering him, going to the Locker room or playing through a full game but making sure everyone knows he is hurt.

I'd agree with this post if this were a case of one of his boo-boos where he acts like he got shot out of a cannon but then turns out to be fine 5 minutes later.

But he tried playing on an injury and got a worse seemingly injury as a result. I think the calls of "soft" are in his head but I also think he needs to really take time and learn to listen to his body more like LBJ (and Kobe, etc.). He doesn't seem to have any kind of a mind-body connection.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:37 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

this wasn't a non contact injury. He landed on someone's thigh and rolled his leg pretty badly. Tailor-made basketball injury landing there.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:38 pm    Post subject:

LeBron keeps saying he "has another gear". Let's see it, and I hope that gear isn't "more step back threes".
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:44 pm    Post subject:

LBJ tried to lead us, but not one player stepped up to help!!!
HC: Riley
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:46 pm    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:

I disagree, I think Marc did his best
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:48 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

I'd agree with this post if this were a case of one of his boo-boos where he acts like he got shot out of a cannon but then turns out to be fine 5 minutes later.

But he tried playing on an injury and got a worse seemingly injury as a result. I think the calls of "soft" are in his head but I also think he needs to really take time and learn to listen to his body more like LBJ (and Kobe, etc.). He doesn't seem to have any kind of a mind-body connection.

I’m not saying he’s not legit hurt. Just that he has an availability problem.

We got lucky last season with the 4 month break imo. He started to get hurt again in the WCF into the NBA Finals.

Before anyone mentions Lebron...that’s exactly the point. The most available star to ever play has had 2 long term injuries in a Lakers uniform. This is what happens when you sign a 34 year old FA.

Davis is still young, but he’s obviously way more brittle than Lebron.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:49 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
LeBron keeps saying he "has another gear". Let's see it, and I hope that gear isn't "more step back threes".

If he carries this year’s Lakers to the finals at 36 years old, then he is the GOAT, passing MJ
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Alright, looking like real news is done and now even the beat writers are quibbling amongst themselves lol. Onto enjoy the rest of Sunday. Enjoy your Sunday y'all
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:54 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
LAKERMIKE2 wrote:

I disagree, I think Marc did his best

Yea he did, but unfortunately the rest of the starters did not stepped up to help.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:56 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
MJST wrote:

If he carries this year’s Lakers to the finals at 36 years old, then he is the GOAT, passing MJ

He had that opportunity in the third as the Suns opened up their big lead. He didn’t do it.

At this point let’s focus on James and the team winning game 5.

James has the lifetime achievements covered, let’s see some 2021 impact.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Both Mavs and Lakers had a chance to effectively end their series'. Now, both are questionable to win them.

Now watch the Clippers win in 6.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 4:09 pm    Post subject:

AD Day to Day

Shams - https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1399155206953213957?s=21
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 4:28 pm    Post subject:

What is the real timeline for a groin strain? Is the risk on him playing on it that he could tear it completely?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 5:33 pm    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
Both Mavs and Lakers had a chance to effectively end their series'. Now, both are questionable to win them.

Now watch the Clippers win in 6.

Now watch the curse of Donald Sterling kick in.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 7:30 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
What is the real timeline for a groin strain? Is the risk on him playing on it that he could tear it completely?

7-10 days. Yes, there seems to be a risk of tearing it
Keep in mind this and the knee sprain were both on the left leg which looks to me that AD is over compensating the left leg because of the right calf/Achilles. It is a (bleep) situation no matter what.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 8:01 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:

Keep in mind this and the knee sprain were both on the left leg which looks to me that AD is over compensating the left leg because of the right calf/Achilles. It is a (bleep) situation no matter what.

Frustrating position to be in for him. In his heart of hearts he knows if he plays and is just even halfway decent, they beat this Suns team. The Suns know it too, hence why they play whack-a-mole on him when he drives to the basket. They want him hurt.

But if he plays, there's probably a fairly decent chance it can become worse.

Frustrating across the board.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 8:13 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Frustrating position to be in for him. In his heart of hearts he knows if he plays and is just even halfway decent, they beat this Suns team. The Suns know it too, hence why they play whack-a-mole on him when he drives to the basket. They want him hurt.

We will have a long off season to rest him if the strain turn into tear, but you don’t really want to risk the ACL/Achilles given how fragile AD is. They are good enough to beat the suns without AD, so I don’t think they should take this chance
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 8:22 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

We will have a long off season to rest him if the strain turn into tear, but you don’t really want to risk the ACL/Achilles given how fragile AD is. They are good enough to beat the suns without AD, so I don’t think they should take this chance

My gut says if he's told he could play with it, but there's a risk that any significant extension of the area could seriously aggravate it...

He may test it out. For better or worse.

That's just my guess. If that's the case, will requir 1) coachiing intervention or 2) him just playing really poor and Frank benching him.
Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 5:35 am    Post subject:

I´m one of the biggest optimists there is, but if AD is not playing again this series....we are done, imo
Chick-N-Stew
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 9:28 am    Post subject:

Groin strains can be extremely painful and can worsen with the wrong move.
My guess is he sits game 5. If the Lakers lose game 5, Vogel may risk further injury and let him play in game 6 to avoid elimination.

On paper this team seemed better than last years champs but the injury bug bit us hard. Tough to get any continuity with your stars sitting on the bench.
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 3:03 pm    Post subject:

When it rains, it pours. I hope they actually show up in PHX.

On a side note, I absolutely hate how the PHX media is spinning this narrative that LA is continuously calling PHX a dirty team. No one has, they have said there were PLAYS that were dirty but no one is saying THEY are dirty. Yet, that's how they frame their questions to the PHX players. However, Crowder is trying to paint the picture that both teams are being physical and if one team is dirty, the other is. Umm....AD's kick wasn't on purpose, I seem to remember CP's undercut and he knew what he was doing, Payne throwing the ball at AC because AC "undercut" him (which there is no video evidence of), oh and Crowder trying to take LBJ's head off. No play on the ball.

Put PHX away so both the team and the media can go sit on a cactus and stew in their own self pity.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Frustrating watching the Jazz: I think our team is better, except they hit their 3's. If its open seems almost automatic most of the time that it goes in, whereas with our guys, it's an adventure.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 41 of 42
Jump to: