Another mass shooting
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 8:24 am    Post subject: Another mass shooting

I keep hearing "Now is not the time." When will the time come? Seems as though there's a mass shooting every day.

CNN reported automatic like weapons were used.

Something has to be done. The second amendment wasn't written to bolster what some are advocating.

Yes, gun ownership is a right. What kind of gun needs to be addressed.

Two dead and over 20 injured in Miami mass shooting, police say

LINK

Quote:
There were at least 200 mass shootings in the country in the first 132 days of this year, a report by the Gun Violence Archive, a non-profit research group, said.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 10:16 am    Post subject:

Gun sales are up because of the pandemic....apparently these guys are now unleashing their arsenal...
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 11:08 am    Post subject:

The Failed Experiment
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 6:14 pm    Post subject:

I think we're becoming numb to mass shootings.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 7:32 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Mass shootings are so last year . . . and this year . . . and probably next year.

They're here to stay . . . similar to racism, skinny jeans, and online infuencers.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 8:13 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Mass shootings are so last week . . . and this week . . . and probably next week.

They're here to stay . . . similar to racism, skinny jeans, and online infuencers.

FIFY
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:16 am    Post subject:

Another happened yesterday in Springfield. I think mass shootings should have a thread of its own

.DeWine: 2 in custody after mass shooting injures 6 in Springfield; News conference set for this afternoon

LINK

Side Note: I ink this in wonder if the latest scrutiny on the police has caused a change in policy?

Watching NBC2 news today. A police chase ended in a standoff on the 101 freeway. After taking the suspect into custody the police asked for a mental health unit. I don't remember that happening before.

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:33 pm    Post subject:

crazy I didnt even hear about this. Thats where we are.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

The ABC7 news report said they called for a mental unit.

101 Freeway: CHP officers take SUV driver into custody after standoff forces closure of WB lanes
Wednesday, June 2, 2021 11:48AM

LINK

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:38 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:

The ABC7 news report said they called for a mental unit.

101 Freeway: CHP officers take SUV driver into custody after standoff forces closure of WB lanes
Wednesday, June 2, 2021 11:48AM

LINK

I meant that’s where we are as a society. Shootings are the stories that end news as oppose to leading. Sadly
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:36 pm    Post subject:

And another...

Quote:
3 People Are Killed, Others Hurt In A Shooting At A Miami Area Graduation Party
Updated June 6, 20213:31 PM ET

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/06/1003764271/miami-florida-graduation-party-shooting-deaths
One of those killed was a state corrections officer, Miami-Dade police Director Freddie Ramirez told news outlets. He said the party at a strip mall lounge was ending when one or more vehicles "pulled up and began to fire into the crowd."

The identities of those killed and wounded were not immediately released Sunday. The shooting happened about 2 a.m. in the suburb of Kendall.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

4 mass shootings in 6 hours leave 38 wounded, 6 dead across US
https://abcnews.go.com/US/mass-shootings-hours-leave-39-wounded-dead-us/story?id=78252429

At least four major U.S. cities were reeling from an onslaught of mass shootings over the weekend that left at least 38 people wounded, six dead and police officials alarmed that the surge in gun violence is a prelude to a bloody summer as the nation emerges from the pandemic.

Police in Austin, Cleveland, Chicago and Savannah were all investigating on Sunday mass shootings that erupted over a six-hour streak that began around 9 p.m. on Friday and spilled over into Saturday morning.

"At least 4 major U.S. cities" .. ELI5?? So beyond these 4 there could be more cities during the June 11-13th weekend where there were more mass shootings?..
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:13 pm    Post subject:

And the beat goes on. Another mass shooting. I think the father should be held accountable. IMO the 2nd amendment should be amended.

Y'all know me. I wonder, what's the race of the person taken into custody and does it make a difference? I'll give you 3 guesses the first 2 don't count.

At least 3 students dead, 8 injured in Michigan high school shooting; father of suspect purchased gun, authorities say

LINK

Quote:
Oakland County Sheriff’s Office said it received over 100 calls about an active shooter starting around 12:51 p.m. local time. Within three minutes, the suspect was in custody, McCabe said.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The 9mm pistol the suspect used during the shooting was bought by his father on Black Friday

While I was happy I could get the new Kindle paperwhite cheap on Black Friday for my daughter, his father was happy with the new 9mm for his son .
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:41 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Not as a parent. It’s part of our dialogue when I drop him off. The video of those kids from Michigan is an outstanding tool.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Not as a parent. It’s part of our dialogue when I drop him off. The video of those kids from Michigan is an outstanding tool.

Saw earlier a comparison.. Republican would rather have your child learning school shooter drills and be in terror than just push background checks and minor gun control measures

What a (bleep) up country.. how did politicians get control of guns and pharmaceuticals and religion..
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:42 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Saw earlier a comparison.. Republican would rather have your child learning school shooter drills and be in terror than just push background checks and minor gun control measures

What a (bleep) up country.. how did politicians get control of guns and pharmaceuticals and religion..

When I was a kid it was
Don’t talk to strangers
Look both ways before crossing the street
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:35 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:

They'd rather see their kids killed in a school shooting than be taught the truth about US history in regards to race.

I know that sounds like asinine hyperbole, and yet it's reality.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:53 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
They'd rather see their kids killed in a school shooting than be taught the truth about US history in regards to race.

I know that sounds like asinine hyperbole, and yet it's reality.

What better truth for the GOP to hide than the one that shows them as the asshats they really are?

If the truth is an incovenience, then fabricate your own . . . per the GOP modus operandi.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Stupid is as stupid does

FBI, Marshals and deputies hunt for parents of Ethan Crumbley as sheriff says Michigan prosecutor didn't give them a head's up about manslaughter charges for his school rampage that left four dead: Prosecutors reveal they bought the 9mm handgun for him for CHRISTMAS

LINK

A journal of plans to kill, warnings from teachers and a chilling ‘countdown’: The red flags around alleged Michigan school shooter Ethan Crumbley

LINK

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:17 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Stupid is as stupid does

FBI, Marshals and deputies hunt for parents of Ethan Crumbley as sheriff says Michigan prosecutor didn't give them a head's up about manslaughter charges for his school rampage that left four dead: Prosecutors reveal they bought the 9mm handgun for him for CHRISTMAS

LINK

A journal of plans to kill, warnings from teachers and a chilling ‘countdown’: The red flags around alleged Michigan school shooter Ethan Crumbley

LINK

Parents gave him the tool to destroy his future...wow!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:15 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Stupid is as stupid does

LINK

LINK

And seriously disrupt theirs.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:19 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Stupid is as stupid does

LINK

LINK

Umm, pretty sure the significance here is that the "tool" destroyed the futures of the four families of the kids he murdered and ended theirs.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:37 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

What kind of idiots do this?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:46 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

What kind of idiots do this?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10268829/The-mom-accused-Oxford-High-School-shooter-penned-letter-revealing-sons-struggles.html

Read about these parents. Is anyone seriously shocked? There are just some truly vile (bleep) people in this country and the orange orangatun was their messiah. Despicable human beings.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: