Reason For Your Choice of Vaccine?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff


Joined: 11 Aug 2002
Posts: 10950

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 2:15 pm    Post subject:

cathy78 wrote:
I want an antibody test first, if I have any someone else can have my vaccine.


Vaccines are still indicated for anyone who has had COVID, and realistically we're past the point where your getting one would mean that someone else wouldn't.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2005
Posts: 10867

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Any of our International members try the Russian Sputnik vaccine? or the Saline solution that China puts in a vial with Vaccine stamped on the side?
_________________
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Nov 2003
Posts: 3033
Location: 921SD

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 3:01 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
FernieBee wrote:
I got all three: helluva sleep after the second & third vaccines, 22 & 31 hours, respectively.





I got Pfizer, but I would taken any of the three. Pfizer was the first available to me.


You were out cold for that many hours!?


I was joking about getting more than one vaccine and sleeping so much.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 39458
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 6:27 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
I chose the first vaccine that was available to me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 39458
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 6:33 am    Post subject:

For those that got the Moderna vax and had mild side effects like a headache, when did the symptoms begin? I ask because I really did not have any side effects except about an hour after my second shot, I got a very mild tension type headache that lasted maybe 5 or 6 hours. I did not have any flu like symptoms or even a sore arm....just a little headache. It was very mild. I am not sure if it was related to the vaccination or more placebo because most of what I read suggests the symptoms come more so the next day.

Just inquiring if anyone else had a similar headache that soon after the 2nd injection?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2007
Posts: 9093

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 7:15 am    Post subject:

I had the choice between Moderna and J&J in my city. I went with Moderna. I trust the J&J vaccine but figured I'd play it safe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 14500

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 8:46 am    Post subject:

I took Moderna because it was what they had available.
_________________
On Lakersground, a concern troll is someone who is a fan of another team, but pretends to be a Lakers fan with "concerns".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff


Joined: 11 Aug 2002
Posts: 10950

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 12:06 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
For those that got the Moderna vax and had mild side effects like a headache, when did the symptoms begin? I ask because I really did not have any side effects except about an hour after my second shot, I got a very mild tension type headache that lasted maybe 5 or 6 hours. I did not have any flu like symptoms or even a sore arm....just a little headache. It was very mild. I am not sure if it was related to the vaccination or more placebo because most of what I read suggests the symptoms come more so the next day.

Just inquiring if anyone else had a similar headache that soon after the 2nd injection?


I think the mean seems to be around 10-12 hours. After the injection the mRNA has to work its way into your cells, and tell your ribosomes to start manufacturing spike protein. Once that's happened in sufficient quantity, your immune system has to detect it and start ramping up the reaction (fever, etc.). All this takes some time, and an hour seems pretty short.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 39458
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 8:09 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
I think the mean seems to be around 10-12 hours. After the injection the mRNA has to work its way into your cells, and tell your ribosomes to start manufacturing spike protein. Once that's happened in sufficient quantity, your immune system has to detect it and start ramping up the reaction (fever, etc.). All this takes some time, and an hour seems pretty short.


Ok, that is in line with what I have read from others....more later that night or the next morning. My headache must have been unrelated, and I was fortunate to not encounter any noticeable side effects from either injection. The somewhat ironic part is that I am the guy that gets a little "run down" most years for about a day after receiving my flu vaccination.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
C-BUS LAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 May 2002
Posts: 1407

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 7:10 am    Post subject:

I got the Pizer vaccine. Only had a sore arm with the first shot, and was really tired after the 2nd. Really easy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 56275
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 1:30 pm    Post subject:

I wasn't given a choice. The VA gave me the Pfizer vaccine. After listening to CL and LC I made the decision to take whatever was available.

I've been watching and reading how Moderna and J&J had a lot of side effects. I haven't read or seen many reports of Pfizer's side effects.

To answer the thread's question; Using the media reports as criteria I think Pfizer is the safer vaccine, and if given a choice I would have chosen Pfizer.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 34864

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 2:01 pm    Post subject:

C-BUS LAKERFAN wrote:
I got the Pizer vaccine. Only had a sore arm with the first shot, and was really tired after the 2nd. Really easy.


I had the Pfizer as well....the side effects of the vaccine weren't felt until a couple of hours after I got the shot. The arm where I got the shot was sore for both doses and the side effects didn't wear off until a day or two afterwards.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 56275
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 2:21 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
C-BUS LAKERFAN wrote:
I got the Pizer vaccine. Only had a sore arm with the first shot, and was really tired after the 2nd. Really easy.


I had the Pfizer as well....the side effects of the vaccine weren't felt until a couple of hours after I got the shot. The arm where I got the shot was sore for both doses and the side effects didn't wear off until a day or two afterwards.


I got the Pfizer vaccination. No side effects. Only a slight ache at the injection point.

Have either of you been ill lately, even the slightest illness? If so your immune system may have been slightly compromised.

I haven't had a headache in so long I don't remember when it was. I had no side effects 1st or 2nd shot.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Palin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Feb 2008
Posts: 1402

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 12:25 pm    Post subject:

There are talks about getting 3rd dose vaccine after 12 months from 2nd dose. You guys think its better to get different kind of vaccine from your first and second dose? Like maybe you can get J&J or Novavax as your 3rd dose after you got those mRNA based vaccines or vice versa.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 56275
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Palin wrote:
There are talks about getting 3rd dose vaccine after 12 months from 2nd dose. You guys think its better to get different kind of vaccine from your first and second dose? Like maybe you can get J&J or Novavax as your 3rd dose after you got those mRNA based vaccines or vice versa.


Why do we need booster shots, and could we mix and match different COVID vaccines?


LINK
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
XTC
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Jun 2002
Posts: 5883

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 1:36 pm    Post subject:

My next door neighbor got the Moderna and she said she felt fine after the 1st and 2nd dose.

Her husband got the Pfizer, he’s a very healthy and energetic 81 year old. He had no problems after the 1st, but the 2nd one packed a wallop. She said her husband’s never been bedridden for more than 12 hours in his life, he had a 102° fever during this episode and she everything to keep the fever down. Her daughter (nurse) said not to panic and that this was all part of the immune response. By the next afternoon, her husband apparently sprung up from bed like someone flipped a switch, he felt like his ol’ self, only just a bit hungry.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB