Reason For Your Choice of Vaccine?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 2:15 pm    Post subject:

cathy78 wrote:
I want an antibody test first, if I have any someone else can have my vaccine.

Vaccines are still indicated for anyone who has had COVID, and realistically we're past the point where your getting one would mean that someone else wouldn't.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Any of our International members try the Russian Sputnik vaccine? or the Saline solution that China puts in a vial with Vaccine stamped on the side?
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 3:01 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
FernieBee wrote:
I got all three: helluva sleep after the second & third vaccines, 22 & 31 hours, respectively.

I got Pfizer, but I would taken any of the three. Pfizer was the first available to me.

You were out cold for that many hours!?

I was joking about getting more than one vaccine and sleeping so much.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 6:27 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
I chose the first vaccine that was available to me.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 6:33 am    Post subject:

For those that got the Moderna vax and had mild side effects like a headache, when did the symptoms begin? I ask because I really did not have any side effects except about an hour after my second shot, I got a very mild tension type headache that lasted maybe 5 or 6 hours. I did not have any flu like symptoms or even a sore arm....just a little headache. It was very mild. I am not sure if it was related to the vaccination or more placebo because most of what I read suggests the symptoms come more so the next day.

Just inquiring if anyone else had a similar headache that soon after the 2nd injection?
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 7:15 am    Post subject:

I had the choice between Moderna and J&J in my city. I went with Moderna. I trust the J&J vaccine but figured I'd play it safe.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 8:46 am    Post subject:

I took Moderna because it was what they had available.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 12:06 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
For those that got the Moderna vax and had mild side effects like a headache, when did the symptoms begin? I ask because I really did not have any side effects except about an hour after my second shot, I got a very mild tension type headache that lasted maybe 5 or 6 hours. I did not have any flu like symptoms or even a sore arm....just a little headache. It was very mild. I am not sure if it was related to the vaccination or more placebo because most of what I read suggests the symptoms come more so the next day.

Just inquiring if anyone else had a similar headache that soon after the 2nd injection?

I think the mean seems to be around 10-12 hours. After the injection the mRNA has to work its way into your cells, and tell your ribosomes to start manufacturing spike protein. Once that's happened in sufficient quantity, your immune system has to detect it and start ramping up the reaction (fever, etc.). All this takes some time, and an hour seems pretty short.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 8:09 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
I think the mean seems to be around 10-12 hours. After the injection the mRNA has to work its way into your cells, and tell your ribosomes to start manufacturing spike protein. Once that's happened in sufficient quantity, your immune system has to detect it and start ramping up the reaction (fever, etc.). All this takes some time, and an hour seems pretty short.

Ok, that is in line with what I have read from others....more later that night or the next morning. My headache must have been unrelated, and I was fortunate to not encounter any noticeable side effects from either injection. The somewhat ironic part is that I am the guy that gets a little "run down" most years for about a day after receiving my flu vaccination.
C-BUS LAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 7:10 am    Post subject:

I got the Pizer vaccine. Only had a sore arm with the first shot, and was really tired after the 2nd. Really easy.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 1:30 pm    Post subject:

I wasn't given a choice. The VA gave me the Pfizer vaccine. After listening to CL and LC I made the decision to take whatever was available.

I've been watching and reading how Moderna and J&J had a lot of side effects. I haven't read or seen many reports of Pfizer's side effects.

To answer the thread's question; Using the media reports as criteria I think Pfizer is the safer vaccine, and if given a choice I would have chosen Pfizer.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 2:01 pm    Post subject:

C-BUS LAKERFAN wrote:
I got the Pizer vaccine. Only had a sore arm with the first shot, and was really tired after the 2nd. Really easy.

I had the Pfizer as well....the side effects of the vaccine weren't felt until a couple of hours after I got the shot. The arm where I got the shot was sore for both doses and the side effects didn't wear off until a day or two afterwards.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 2:21 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
C-BUS LAKERFAN wrote:

I had the Pfizer as well....the side effects of the vaccine weren't felt until a couple of hours after I got the shot. The arm where I got the shot was sore for both doses and the side effects didn't wear off until a day or two afterwards.

I got the Pfizer vaccination. No side effects. Only a slight ache at the injection point.

Have either of you been ill lately, even the slightest illness? If so your immune system may have been slightly compromised.

I haven't had a headache in so long I don't remember when it was. I had no side effects 1st or 2nd shot.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 12:25 pm    Post subject:

There are talks about getting 3rd dose vaccine after 12 months from 2nd dose. You guys think its better to get different kind of vaccine from your first and second dose? Like maybe you can get J&J or Novavax as your 3rd dose after you got those mRNA based vaccines or vice versa.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Palin wrote:
There are talks about getting 3rd dose vaccine after 12 months from 2nd dose. You guys think its better to get different kind of vaccine from your first and second dose? Like maybe you can get J&J or Novavax as your 3rd dose after you got those mRNA based vaccines or vice versa.

Why do we need booster shots, and could we mix and match different COVID vaccines?

LINK

XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 1:36 pm    Post subject:

My next door neighbor got the Moderna and she said she felt fine after the 1st and 2nd dose.

Her husband got the Pfizer, he’s a very healthy and energetic 81 year old. He had no problems after the 1st, but the 2nd one packed a wallop. She said her husband’s never been bedridden for more than 12 hours in his life, he had a 102° fever during this episode and she everything to keep the fever down. Her daughter (nurse) said not to panic and that this was all part of the immune response. By the next afternoon, her husband apparently sprung up from bed like someone flipped a switch, he felt like his ol’ self, only just a bit hungry.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: