Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 245, 246, 247 ... 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 5:04 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Going to get my 2nd Moderna shot later today. I hope I don't feel too bad afterwards, I have an interview for a promotion on Monday.

How did it go for you?

I received my 2nd Moderna shot Friday afternoon. I didn't feel any side effects the rest of the day so I thought I'd be one of the lucky ones who escaped them. I was wrong.

The next day I woke up and couldn't get going despite my usual caffeine load. By early afternoon I was experiencing fever, chills, body aches, a low-grade headache and fatigue and went back to bed. Fortunately, by around 8-9pm the side effects started going away. I still don't feel quite 100% but feel a lot better today.

A friend got his second Moderna and had side effects. I've read more than one person having side effects from the second Moderna shot. I haven't heard much from people who got the Pfizer vaccination. I got Pfizer and had no side effect period.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 5:59 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Going to get my 2nd Moderna shot later today. I hope I don't feel too bad afterwards, I have an interview for a promotion on Monday.

How did it go for you?

I received my 2nd Moderna shot Friday afternoon. I didn't feel any side effects the rest of the day so I thought I'd be one of the lucky ones who escaped them. I was wrong.

The next day I woke up and couldn't get going despite my usual caffeine load. By early afternoon I was experiencing fever, chills, body aches, a low-grade headache and fatigue and went back to bed. Fortunately, by around 8-9pm the side effects started going away. I still don't feel quite 100% but feel a lot better today.

The good thing about side effects like that is that they're short-lived and not that bad, but they let you know that your immune system is doing what it should do and mounting a robust response.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 9:10 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

How did it go for you?

It wasnr too bad. Arm was sore for 2 or 3 days...but I only had minor flu symptoms the day after. Chills, fever and fatigue.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 10:38 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

How did it go for you?

A friend got his second Moderna and had side effects. I've read more than one person having side effects from the second Moderna shot. I haven't heard much from people who got the Pfizer vaccination. I got Pfizer and had no side effect period.

Me and my brother got our second moderna shot last week and didn't have side effects other than injection site pain. Staying super hydrated helps, or at least I hear.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 10:53 pm    Post subject:

On Sunday, according to worldometers.com, we had 13541 new COVID cases. That's the lowest number since March 25 of last year, just after the pandemic hit critical mass.

Meanwhile, most other countries have plateaued or are in the midst of a surge.

After all these years I'm glad we're finally one of the best in the world at something important.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 9:15 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
On Sunday, according to worldometers.com, we had 13541 new COVID cases. That's the lowest number since March 25 of last year, just after the pandemic hit critical mass.

Meanwhile, most other countries have plateaued or are in the midst of a surge.

After all these years I'm glad we're finally one of the best in the world at something important.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Our miserable record on COVID is the fruit of a president who didn't think it was a problem. One who got COViD and still downplayed it. Had Dump followed CDC recommendations we would have quelled the rise in cases early on.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 10:14 am    Post subject:

LAUSD might be going old school. Requiring some vaccinations mandatory to attend school. That's the way it was when I attended public school.

LAUSD's Student COVID Vaccination Program: What to Know

LINK

Quote:
Will Vaccines Be Required for Students in the Fall?

It depends on when the FDA moves COVID vaccines from the "emergency use authorization" status they have right now to full approval for use.

Once that occurs, Beutner told NBC4 on Thursday, it is "likely" students will be required to get vaccinated against COVID-19.

"Right now it's a coalition of the willing," he explained, with students, teachers and other members of the LAUSD community voluntarily getting their shots. Eventually, however, COVID vaccinations will likely join vaccines against measles and mumps, and tests for tuberculosis, as a requirement for attendance.

I know all vaccines are considered safe but I'm partial to Pfizer.

Quote:
What Kind of Vaccine Will Be Offered?

All students taking part in the program will receive the Pfizer vaccine.

LAUSD has been offering Moderna vaccines to those adults who previously registered to received a COVID-19 vaccine at a LAUSD site, according to the LAUSD website.

The only vaccine that is currently approved by the FDA for use on children younger than age 18 is the Pfizer vaccine. Moderna has released preliminary data that states their vaccine is safe on children ages 12 to 17, according to AAP News, but has not yet received emergency use authorization for children from the Food and Drug Administration.

numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 5:22 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
LAUSD might be going old school. Requiring some vaccinations mandatory to attend school. That's the way it was when I attended public school.

I'm sure a lot people were concerned about Spanish Flu back then.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 6:18 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I'm sure a lot people were concerned about Bubonic plague back then.

Fify.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 6:43 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

LAUSD's Student COVID Vaccination Program: What to Know

LINK

Quote:
Will Vaccines Be Required for Students in the Fall?

It depends on when the FDA moves COVID vaccines from the "emergency use authorization" status they have right now to full approval for use.

Once that occurs, Beutner told NBC4 on Thursday, it is "likely" students will be required to get vaccinated against COVID-19.

"Right now it's a coalition of the willing," he explained, with students, teachers and other members of the LAUSD community voluntarily getting their shots. Eventually, however, COVID vaccinations will likely join vaccines against measles and mumps, and tests for tuberculosis, as a requirement for attendance.

I know all vaccines are considered safe but I'm partial to Pfizer.

Quote:
What Kind of Vaccine Will Be Offered?

All students taking part in the program will receive the Pfizer vaccine.

LAUSD has been offering Moderna vaccines to those adults who previously registered to received a COVID-19 vaccine at a LAUSD site, according to the LAUSD website.

The only vaccine that is currently approved by the FDA for use on children younger than age 18 is the Pfizer vaccine. Moderna has released preliminary data that states their vaccine is safe on children ages 12 to 17, according to AAP News, but has not yet received emergency use authorization for children from the Food and Drug Administration.

Heck, my family couldn't get into the country without a slew of shots. Mumps, measles, polio yadda yadda.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I'm sure a lot people were concerned about Pterasaur flu back then.

Fify.

Fify.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 7:59 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I'm sure a lot people were concerned about The Big Bang back then.

Fify.

Fify.

FIFY
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 3:55 am    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

How did it go for you?

Me and my brother got our second moderna shot last week and didn't have side effects other than injection site pain. Staying super hydrated helps, or at least I hear.

Yeah it does. The mistake I made with my first vaccine (Pfizer), was doing a lot of work with the arm I was injected on. It caused me pain for several days. I didn't do anything for the entire day for my second vaccine. I also drank water like crazy and rested a lot. I recovered a lot sooner because of that. I had minimal pain on the injection site.

God bless Kobe Bean Bryant and Gianna Maria Onore Bryant.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 4:45 am    Post subject:

Gwyn wrote:
Theseus wrote:
jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

How did it go for you?

Yeah it does. The mistake I made with my first vaccine (Pfizer), was doing a lot of work with the arm I was injected on. It caused me pain for several days. I didn't do anything for the entire day for my second vaccine. I also drank water like crazy and rested a lot. I recovered a lot sooner because of that. I had minimal pain on the injection site.

I had the complete opposite experience. First shot I got it and didn’t so much for a couple of days. Arm hurt like hell to the point it was difficult to even take off/put on a shirt. Second shot the guy giving it said to move around and it will limit soreness so when I got home felt fine so I did a workout and then kept actively moving and stretching the arm over the next few days. I got slightly sore from that one but not nearly as much as the first shot.
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 9:53 am    Post subject:

[url=https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-57267729][/url]

Yeah they need get the bottom of this. We shouldn't wait for next pandemic to happen. Whatever its lab leak or animal to human they have find the source.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 10:53 pm    Post subject: Genius Newson wasting $100m of tax payer money on anti-vaxers

https://covid19.ca.gov/vax-for-the-win/

Sounds like a scam but the geniuses in Sac are giving away $50 to 2 million people who have yet to be vaccinated (likely anti vaxers at this point)
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Genius Newson wasting $100m of tax payer money on anti-vaxers

BigBallerBrand wrote:

Sounds like a scam but the geniuses in Sac are giving away $50 to 2 million people who have yet to be vaccinated (likely anti vaxers at this point)

I am not sure about other states, but I saw that in Ohio specifically, they did this and the vaccination rate went up. We're a dumb public, so if this works, consider it an expense for the greater good.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 11:25 pm    Post subject:

A trivial amount next to how much those degenerates would cost the state by going around unvaccinated.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: Genius Newson wasting $100m of tax payer money on anti-vaxers

[quote="BigBallerBrand"]https://covid19.ca.gov/vax-for-the-win/

Sounds like a scam but the geniuses in Sac are giving away $50 to 2 million people who have yet to be vaccinated (likely anti vaxers at this point)[/
I like Newsom.
As a Cali taxpayer I support using tax dollars to get these mouth breathers who might be dragging their knuckles to get vaxxed, even if it’s blood money.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 11:12 am    Post subject:

Gavin was doing well with COVID then took a step back because of the Almighty Dollar. He's now taking a step forward. Money well spent. 👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾

Last edited by jodeke on Fri May 28, 2021 1:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Genius Newson wasting $100m of tax payer money on anti-vaxers

[quote="eddiejonze"]
BigBallerBrand wrote:

Sounds like a scam but the geniuses in Sac are giving away $50 to 2 million people who have yet to be vaccinated (likely anti vaxers at this point)[/
I like Newsom.
As a Cali taxpayer I support using tax dollars to get these mouth breathers who might be dragging their knuckles to get vaxxed, even if it’s blood money.

Part of me feels like it’s wrong to let desperate people around the world die of COVID while having to bribe people in the US to get vaccinated. If someone doesn’t want to get vaccinated, we should just let them get COVID and give their doses to someone who actually wants them.

ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Genius Newson wasting $100m of tax payer money on anti-vaxers

CandyCanes wrote:

<snip>
If someone doesn’t want to get vaccinated, we should just let them get COVID and give their doses to someone who actually wants them.

Usually they're not the ones who end up getting Covid, someone else who's older, or co-morbid, or just plain unlucky gets it from them. There-in lies the dilemma.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 6:07 pm    Post subject:

We had a bunch of limits dropped today here in Seattle,, and it"s been interesting how different businesses have handled it. Was @ QFC this morning and they simply added a small placard to the corner of their " Masks Required For Entry" sign which reads " Masks not required for Vaccinated Customers". Stopped by Safeway later in the day and their sign had a little placard in the corner which read " Non Vaccinated Associates Must wear a mask". I just walked out of Fred Meyers and they had a new sign that was Exactly like the old "Masks Mandatory" sign which read " Vaccinated Customers May Enter Maskless". In all 3 stores, about 95% of folks were still wearing masks.

This weekend will be telling. Parking lots were full everywhere, traffic was back to prepandemic atrociousness, and it's abundantly clear that this is going to be the most socialized weekend in over a year.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 2:43 pm    Post subject:

As if I don't already feel socially awkward enough... now I have to deal with wanting to take off my mask while walking outside and away from others.. but not wanting to appear like an entitled, careless d-bag if someone passes by and sees me mask-less.

Was walking to my car yesterday and no one was in sight --100 feet from my car, this couple pops out from around a corner and they are both masked. Felt like a scumbag with my mask in hand and not over my face. *shrug
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 3:00 pm    Post subject:

^^^ Don't feel akward.

I don't wear one when walking, it hampers my breathing. I have one with me. When it looks like someone will come within the suggested 6 ft. I put it on.

I still wearing a mask when I venture out. There are so many unvaccinated people wandering around I don't feel safe without one.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 245, 246, 247 ... 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 246 of 318
Jump to: