Reports - Webber, Wallace, Pierce HOF c/o 2021

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 1:34 am    Post subject: Reports - Webber, Wallace, Pierce HOF c/o 2021

Quote:
Marc J. Spears
@MarcJSpears

Former NBA star Chris Webber has finally been elected to the Naismith Memorial Hall of Fame, several sources told @TheUndefeated. C-Webb will be announced as a member of Class of 2021 in Springfield, Mass., tomorrow.

12:26 AM · May 16, 2021

Quote:
Marc J. Spears
@MarcJSpears

Ex-Detroit Pistons and HBCU Virginia Union star Ben Wallace will be inducted into the Class of 2021 for the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, a source told @TheUndefeated. The 2004 NBA champion was a four-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year and a four-time All-Star.

10:33 AM · May 15, 2021

Quote:
The Boston Globe
@BostonGlobe

Celtics great Paul Pierce to be inducted into Basketball Hall of Fame as part of 2021 class.

11:15 AM · May 15, 2021

I am glad that Webber got the nod...I think he should have already been inducted, and was worried it was going to become "a thing".
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 3:39 am    Post subject:

I hope they have a wheelchair ready...
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 8:07 am    Post subject:

Not top tier guys, but all deserving, I think. On a side note, did anybody catch the end of Rudy T.'s speech when he advocated for Horry to get into the HoF? Pretty nice I thought, but I still wouldn't personally vote for Horry's induction.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Chris Webber continues to be one of the most wildly overrated players that's ever graced a basketball court.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Chris Webber continues to be one of the most wildly overrated players that's ever graced a basketball court.

I considered Webber a lock. I do not consider Ben Wallace a HOF. I get the 4 DPOY in 5 years which is impressive, but if his path was being an elite defensive player, then I think being an All Defensive player only 6 seasons is just not good enough. His window was very short, and he was a real liability on offense. I think there are several players not in the HOF that are more deserving than Wallace. One is Bill Laimbeer, especially when his WNBA coaching is included. I am not saying Laimbeer belongs in the HOF, I just think he is more deserving than Wallace.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 10:10 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

I considered Webber a lock. I do not consider Ben Wallace a HOF. I get the 4 DPOY in 5 years which is impressive, but if his path was being an elite defensive player, then I think being an All Defensive player only 6 seasons is just not good enough. His window was very short, and he was a real liability on offense. I think there are several players not in the HOF that are more deserving than Wallace. One is Bill Laimbeer, especially when his WNBA coaching is included. I am not saying Laimbeer belongs in the HOF, I just think he is more deserving than Wallace.

You get voted in either as a player or as a coach. You don't get voted in as a player with extra credit for coaching. So what Laimbeer did as a coach is irrelevant in the context of this discussion.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:27 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

Four DPY awards is really dominant. Only one other player in NBA history has four and he's in the HOF. He got a championship too (unfortunately). He probably deserves it.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:40 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

Four DPY awards is really dominant. Only one other player in NBA history has four and he's in the HOF. He got a championship too (unfortunately). He probably deserves it.

He's got legtimate credentials -- 4 DPoY, 5 all-NBA teams, 6 all-d teams, 4 time all star, 1 ring, lead the league in rebounding twice.

That's comparable to a lot of the guys they've let in recently.
cganesh75
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Webber in HOF but Horry is not?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: