View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 11:45 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
TDRock wrote:
So in his walk off interview with Mike Trudell just now LeBron says he had some soreness at the end of the game but no pain and he felt good. I’m sure Mike Trudell will tweet this at some point and I will quote it, but right now I just saw/heard it on TV.

Good to hear. Lebron shouldn't have to play like an MVP if AD assumed that role this season. We'll see.

It's funny, how this game went between them sorta reminded me a little of Kobe-Shaq days in terms of scoring/carrying...AD carried them first 3 quarters, then LBJ finished the game for the win
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 11:45 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Regarding the Pelicans game tomorrow...

Andrew Lopez
@_Andrew_Lopez
Pelicans say Adams, Hart, Lonzo, Ingram and Zion are all OUT for tomorrow's finale against the Lakers.

Wes Iwundu (left shoulder sprain) and James Johnson (left knee contusion) are questionable.
12:26 PM · May 15, 2021·Twitter Web App

Why Sit anyone not hurt if you are pelicans
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 11:47 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Andrew Lopez
@_Andrew_Lopez
Pelicans say Adams, Hart, Lonzo, Ingram and Zion are all OUT for tomorrow's finale against the Lakers.

Wes Iwundu (left shoulder sprain) and James Johnson (left knee contusion) are questionable.

Hopefully Lakers...HOPEFULLY...can get some PT in for starters, get a big lead, and then finish with the second unit.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 11:48 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
TDRock wrote:
So in his walk off interview with Mike Trudell just now LeBron says he had some soreness at the end of the game but no pain and he felt good. I’m sure Mike Trudell will tweet this at some point and I will quote it, but right now I just saw/heard it on TV.

Good to hear. Lebron shouldn't have to play like an MVP if AD assumed that role this season. We'll see.

It's funny, how this game went between them sorta reminded me a little of Kobe-Shaq days in terms of scoring/carrying...AD carried them first 3 quarters, then LBJ finished the game for the win

Lebron just said that to tease the Nuggets to choose them as 1st round opponent, while Bron is still not 100%.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 11:49 am    Post subject:

As an aside, Lakers and Blazers games have same start time...so get some popcorn, sit back, and let's see how this turns out
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 11:49 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Andrew Lopez
@_Andrew_Lopez

Tanking for the lottery?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 11:51 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Andrew Lopez
@_Andrew_Lopez

Tanking for the lottery?

Drafting a new coach is the answer.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 11:51 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Andrew Lopez
@_Andrew_Lopez

Tanking for the lottery?

Yes, they are tied with SAC and 1 game in back of CHI in the lotto race.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 11:53 am    Post subject:

Lakers#1Team wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Andrew Lopez
@_Andrew_Lopez

Tanking for the lottery?

Yes, they are tied with SAC and 1 game in back of CHI in the lotto race.

Crazy how that team just was not better this year - meaning even prior to Zion's injury. Lots of "talent"...but, IMO, they may need to consider swinging a deal to maybe get a super star talent in along with Zion. They certainly have the assets.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 11:54 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Andrew Lopez
@_Andrew_Lopez

I think all of those guys do have legitimate injuries but despite what a lot of fans think, the chance to get blown out by the Lakers doesn’t motivate players to suddenly get better. They’ve been playing against decimated lineups all season and that will probably continue in the playoffs.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 11:55 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Lebron just said that to tease the Nuggets to choose them as 1st round opponent, while Bron is still not 100%.

Well, for selfish reasons, I'd like the Lakers-Nugs first round series, my 5 y/o daughter likes to call them the Chicken Nuggets as I'm watching them...so there's that added fun
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Crazy times, thought our nearly full squad could blow out Pacers (w/o Brogdan, Sabonis, Turner) so who knows what an equally undermanned Pelicans can do against us.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 12:33 pm    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
Crazy times, thought our nearly full squad could blow out Pacers (w/o Brogdan, Sabonis, Turner) so who knows what an equally undermanned Pelicans can do against us.

If Harrell play center, expect the Pelicans to get close.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Hehe, we get a nice treat...they showing the Kobe 81 point game!

Edit: They just showed Kobe interview while this is on, and he said basically that he did that did not surprise him. Had worked all summer running and shooting, so could go all day. Said his shot felt sharp, foot work sharp. Never actually saw that interview before, nice insight.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Pacers were packing the paint hard - with our starting group guys are gonna have to take and make open jumpers because they were daring us to shoot and we were out there building a brick house most of the game
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 1:26 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
leking006 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Well, for selfish reasons, I'd like the Lakers-Nugs first round series, my 5 y/o daughter likes to call them the Chicken Nuggets as I'm watching them...so there's that added fun

Soo funny back in 2009 when Kobe was beating down on the Nuggets in the WCF my son who was 9 at the time called them the chicken nuggets as well lol.

I do remember hitting the Chick Fil A drive thru quite a bit during that run as it would kick up that craving lol
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Deleted

Last edited by KingKobe20 on Sat May 15, 2021 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Andrew Lopez
@_Andrew_Lopez

Tanking for the lottery?

Drafting a new coach is the answer.

Imo, SVG wasn’t the problem. They overachieved winning 31 games..
There just too young of a squad to understand that sense of urgency to fully commit on the defensive end.

Too many young stars trying to get “their’s” .

I know Lebron and AD wanna get their legs under them but I’d rather they sit out this super meaningless game or if anything play under 20 minutes.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 1:43 pm    Post subject:

🦁👑🏀💪💪💪

storm1324
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 2:00 pm    Post subject:

The Pacers packed the paint, playing only 1 player Goga Bitadze over 6'7 today.
storm1324
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

oops

Last edited by storm1324 on Sat May 15, 2021 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

32 wrote:
On paper we should have killed this team today. It tells you just how bad our team chemistry/conditioning is right now. I doubt a week is going to make much of a difference.

Chemistry and conditioning is part of it, but the starters started to separate a bit. When Vogel subbed Harrell in at the 5, Indiana stabilized and managed to stay in the game.

You can tell Vogel wasn’t going to mess around in the 2nd half. Brought in Harrell but didn’t wait as long and inserted AD at the 5. Then in crunch time he went to Drummond.

That game is probably a 15+ point win if Harrell doesn’t get that first shift at the 5. That was when Indiana was on the ropes, but a couple of easy baskets at the rim...and then they feel good and LeVert/Holiday start making shots.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Halflife wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Andrew Lopez
@_Andrew_Lopez

I think all of those guys do have legitimate injuries but despite what a lot of fans think, the chance to get blown out by the Lakers doesn’t motivate players to suddenly get better. They’ve been playing against decimated lineups all season and that will probably continue in the playoffs.

You are in adifferent world
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
leking006 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Soo funny back in 2009 when Kobe was beating down on the Nuggets in the WCF my son who was 9 at the time called them the chicken nuggets as well lol.

I do remember hitting the Chick Fil A drive thru quite a bit during that run as it would kick up that craving lol

lol!
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 5:57 am    Post subject:

I really hope they are about to hit their stride...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13
Jump to: