DrDent wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
ocho wrote:
Tonight was Talen Horton-Tucker's 68th professional basketball game.

It's ridiculous how good he is at his age. Nobody seems to remember how ass BI was at 20 years old.

Naw, THT is not that good for his age. He's only ok.

Oh, I see, a troll. Got it!

No, but I see, you like to cop out of having a decent conversation.

I dont think you would know a decent conversation if it hit you in the face. Now, smarty pants smack talk, yes, thats up your alley.

Oh, I see, a troll. Got it.

Oh, the irony...

Correct. You said I was trolling, but really you are.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:34 pm    Post subject:

TDRock: I am stopping for you, see? ^

Must...stop...do...not...reply...

DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Lakers win 101-99.

Took OT, but they did it.

A defensive battle for most of the game. The exception was from about midway of the first quarter to halftime. Rose entered in for the Knicks and suddenly the game's pace picked up, with Knicks scoring 48 points in 17 minutes and taking a 1 point lead into the half.

Second half? Both teams defenses went back at it. Combine that with some awful shooting (Lakers did miss a ton of open looks), and it was a grind.

Knicks pulled ahead by 10 in the 4th, but the Lakers roared back. Down 2 and taking the last shot, KCP went for the game winning 3, missed...and Wes got the board and put back.

Then OT arrived. Lakers scooted out to a 5 point lead only to see the Knicks hit back to back 3s. With under a minute to play, and down 1, and after he had two consecutive TOs, THT came down and drilled a 3 in Rose's face. lakers up 2.

Knicks last shot was awful, way above the 3 line and entirely clogged. Lakers won.

Alot of guys struggled, but kudos to Kuz, AD, Dre, THT, and of course a nod to Wes as well.

Solid, if a bit of a slog, win, versus a tough Knicks team.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:48 pm    Post subject:

I just gotta say this, it’s amazing how well Randle has transformed his game offensively he uses to brick 3’s left and right earlier in his career and now shoots it with so much confidence, credit to Thibs and the Knicks coaching staff for that.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I just gotta say this, it’s amazing how well Randle has transformed his game offensively he uses to brick 3’s left and right earlier in his career and now shoots it with so much confidence, credit to Thibs and the Knicks coaching staff for that.

He's also become really effective with head, shoulder, and speed movements to give the impression he is doing one thing, but then does another. Multiple times he looked like he was attacking the hoop but then jetted a pass to an open shooter.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Entertaining and tough win.

Heard one of the announcers in the first half state a Knick “ was playing like he wanted it”. I thought how rarely you can say that about the Lakers.

Watching the second half and OT it finally felt like the Lakers were playing like they wanted it. Kudos to them for doing so.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

Heard one of the announcers in the first half state a Knick “ was playing like he wanted it”. I thought how rarely you can say that about the Lakers.

Watching the second half and OT it finally felt like the Lakers were playing like they wanted it. Kudos to them for doing so.

Yeah I remember we were getting frustrated with him a lot cause he was so out of control with the ball, he’s done a great job maturing his game, he definitely deserves max money.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Yeah I remember we were getting frustrated with him a lot cause he was so out of control with the ball, he’s done a great job maturing his game, he definitely deserves max money.

Not to get all if, buts, candies and nuts...but does Randle become what he has if he stayed here?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:08 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Not to get all if, buts, candies and nuts...but does Randle become what he has if he stayed here?

Yes but only if we had Vogel under his helm, keep in mind we essentially choose LeBron over Randle when we had to make a decision on him and we told him he can go to the Pelicans after it was known that LeBron was coming.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Great win...!
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:14 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

My comment was about the Lakers effort. Tonight was a much needed win.

The comment I am not even sure if it was about Randle. No clue if he becomes the player he is today if he stayed. Just know he has worked himself into a hell of a player. I liked him as a Laker and was disappointed the way they let him go. But water under the bridge at this point.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:16 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

The comment I am not even sure if it was about Randle. No clue if he becomes the player he is today if he stayed. Just know he has worked himself into a hell of a player. I liked him as a Laker and was disappointed the way they let him go. But water under the bridge at this point.

We let him go because we had a chance to get LeBron James and thus Randle walked and went to the Pelicans.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

We let him go because we had a chance to get LeBron James and thus Randle walked and went to the Pelicans.

I'd have to go back and look (and dont have the time TBH), I dont recall that needing to be one, or the other. I think they coulda made it work, but as memory serves Magic had some bone to pick with Randle.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Great to see randle got that touch from, the 3 now which made him an instant all star.
Speaking of that, imagine THT with a 3 ball, he would be pretty unstoppable
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:55 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I'd have to go back and look (and dont have the time TBH), I dont recall that needing to be one, or the other. I think they coulda made it work, but as memory serves Magic had some bone to pick with Randle.

If my memory serves right, I recall the Lakers having Randle’s bird rights but then they decided to conclude those bird rights and he became a FA.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

If my memory serves right, I recall the Lakers having Randle’s bird rights but then they decided to conclude those bird rights and he became a FA.

You may be right...in fact i ran across an article just now suggesting Randle asked to be let go when LBJ arrived figuring he would be dealt for a second superstar.

Whether that is true I dont know (re his request), but his name is likely on the table for AD if he stayed.
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 3:26 am    Post subject:

One of the more solid wins of the season, just felt good to gut this game out.

I did want to point out that THT's heroics will overshadow his flaws but this kid in the offseason really does need to work on the fundamentals of the game. Passing looks difficult for him and he can't take care of the damn ball.

I am not trying to rain on anyone's parade but THT needs to use his head more in games.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 5:05 am    Post subject:

AJ wrote:

I did want to point out that THT's heroics will overshadow his flaws but this kid in the offseason really does need to work on the fundamentals of the game. Passing looks difficult for him and he can't take care of the damn ball.

I am not trying to rain on anyone's parade but THT needs to use his head more in games.

I don't think that its raining on any parade. I think any sensible basketball fan, can see this fact. he needs a lot of work but, the potential is there and the kid is tough and has heart. Throw him into the fire and he doesn't fold.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 8:23 am    Post subject:

Winning streak into the playoff be nice
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 11:36 am    Post subject:

AJ wrote:

That can be pretty hard to develop in the offseason. You really need in-game reps of where you go out, make the mistake, hear it from vets/coaches/review the tape, then go back and get more reps to try to improve. They talk about how much he likes to learn, so hopefully it just becomes a matter of time where's he's done something/seen something enough. Now the game gets slower and he knows how to read a situation that is developing and execute appropriately.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 12:22 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
AJ wrote:

That can be pretty hard to develop in the offseason. You really need in-game reps of where you go out, make the mistake, hear it from vets/coaches/review the tape, then go back and get more reps to try to improve. They talk about how much he likes to learn, so hopefully it just becomes a matter of time where's he's done something/seen something enough. Now the game gets slower and he knows how to read a situation that is developing and execute appropriately.

Agree 100%! He's clearly still green but what we've already seen in his early career is that he's never satisfied and is always looking to improve.

I remember earlier in the season everyone was talking about how defenses had figured out how he never uses his off hand and to have a good career in the NBA he'd have to develop his off hand at some point. Just a few games later he made his first career layup with his off hand

It's just a testament to how devoted he his to becoming something special. He's being developed at a great pace with an elite coaching staff and players to constantly be in his ear about things while being fully open to all of it.

This is why I hope they figure out a deal for Dennis since I don't believe THT will be quite ready by next season to be the starting PG. Let him keep getting reps as the lead guard off the bench for a bit longer to hone in those skills.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 6:49 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
AJ wrote:

Agree 100%! He's clearly still green but what we've already seen in his early career is that he's never satisfied and is always looking to improve.

I remember earlier in the season everyone was talking about how defenses had figured out how he never uses his off hand and to have a good career in the NBA he'd have to develop his off hand at some point. Just a few games later he made his first career layup with his off hand

It's just a testament to how devoted he his to becoming something special. He's being developed at a great pace with an elite coaching staff and players to constantly be in his ear about things while being fully open to all of it.

This is why I hope they figure out a deal for Dennis since I don't believe THT will be quite ready by next season to be the starting PG. Let him keep getting reps as the lead guard off the bench for a bit longer to hone in those skills.

Also...HE'S NOT A PG!!!!
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 9:28 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
hype wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
AJ wrote:

Also...HE'S NOT A PG!!!!

Not a traditional pg for sure but def. a combo guard ala Dennis and I believe THT has a much higher facilitating ceiling. I'm more speaking next season while Lebron is still here so he's always going to be the PG regardless of position title. Once Bron retires we'd def. need a legit PG next to THT though obviously.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44
Page 44 of 44
Jump to: