Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 108, 109, 110  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 8:33 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Mythic Quest is back for season 2. Unlike the first season they are releasing episodes gradually, but the first 2 episodes are out now.

It fills the hole Silicon Valley left for me. There is a standalone episode in season 1 which I LOVED. Think it was episode 5. Even if the show isn't your cup of tea. That standalone episode was primo.

I was so hyped for the return. Even that quarantine special-episode via zoom was good. But yes, that stand alone with Jake Johnson and Cristina Miloti was soooooo good.

SV was great at first but definitely dropped in quality as the seasons went on. I think the season 1 finale was definitely the peak (middle out ).
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 8:37 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Just finished the new season of For All Mankind. It's a lock for my top 10 list in 2021. Could be top 5.

Taking the time to put the characters first is the key to the show's success. You rarely see that in show with this much plot.

Excited for season 3 and beyond.

Yes! I can’t recommend this show enough. I can’t wait to see what happens next. I’ve been watching a lot of other space stuff to try to fill the void. First Man is the only thing that is on the same level imo.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 8:41 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Just finished the new season of For All Mankind. It's a lock for my top 10 list in 2021. Could be top 5.

Taking the time to put the characters first is the key to the show's success. You rarely see that in show with this much plot.

Yes! I can’t recommend this show enough. I can’t wait to see what happens next. I’ve been watching a lot of other space stuff to try to fill the void. First Man is the only thing that is on the same level imo.

Have you seen Halt and Catch Fire? It's not a space show. But it is a science show that has good acting and a plot that spans through alot of time.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 9:15 pm    Post subject:

^ what’s crazy is I was just about to rewatch that, or at least S4. HACF is top 5 all time for me. I didn’t realize the similarities with FAM until you mentioned it— I guess science-y, character driven shows are my thing haha.

Btw I’m a few episodes in on See and it’s really good so far. Even just for the visuals I’d be in but the story has me hooked. It’s kind of reminded me of a much better version of The Walking Dead: most of humanity wiped out, tribes warring with each other, needing to move from one place to another for safety...only everyone is blind instead of fighting/hiding from zombies.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 11:51 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
^ what’s crazy is I was just about to rewatch that, or at least S4. HACF is top 5 all time for me. I didn’t realize the similarities with FAM until you mentioned it— I guess science-y, character driven shows are my thing haha.

Btw I’m a few episodes in on See and it’s really good so far. Even just for the visuals I’d be in but the story has me hooked. It’s kind of reminded me of a much better version of The Walking Dead: most of humanity wiped out, tribes warring with each other, needing to move from one place to another for safety...only everyone is blind instead of fighting/hiding from zombies.

Let me know when you finish the season. We'll chat about it.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject:

"The Godfather of Harlem." It's in its second season. It was delayed for a while. It's up to S2, E3. It's been good from the beginning, and now it's revving up.

The series is about drugs and numbers running in Harlem, based on the life of Ellsworth Raymond "Bumpy" Johnson after he got out of prison. Though based on his life story, IMO it's mostly fiction.

Worth a watch. Good as and IMO, better than Snowfall.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 1:33 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:

Quote:

It's a good series. Glad Queen Kane survived. I'm surprised, confused and facinated by the way she prays. LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu May 13, 2021 9:54 am; edited 2 times in total
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Finishing up The Bridge season 1 on Amazon prime, good so far, got that border town story
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 5:50 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
"The Godfather of Harlem." It's in its second season. It was delayed for a while. It's up to S2, E3. It's been good from the beginning, and now it's revving up.

The series is about drugs and numbers running in Harlem, based on the life of Ellsworth Raymond "Bumpy" Johnson after he got out of prison. Though based on his life story, IMO it's mostly fiction.

Do you like the theme song Jo?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 6:07 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Do you like the theme song Jo?

Yep Theme

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 8:20 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

agree 100%....little upset that we lost 2 characters this season that will not be returning....I really liked both.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 8:23 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

I consider it equal to Snowfall. Episode 4 was the best.....the ending was so good!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 5:49 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I consider it equal to Snowfall. Episode 4 was the best.....the ending was so good!

It was a surprise. Whoda thunk Bumpy and Vincent would actually team up against the mob. They're Arch-Enemies.

Ilfenesh Hadera (Mayme Johnson) was cast in Dwayne Johnson's failed attempt to reboot Baywatch. I didn't realize she was that much eye candy. The movie Baywatch killed any chance of a reboot. I saw the movie, it was pretty good.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 6:44 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

It was a surprise. Whoda thunk Bumpy and Vincent would actually team up against the mob. They're Arch-Enemies.

Ilfenesh Hadera (Mayme Johnson) was cast in Dwayne Johnson's failed attempt to reboot Baywatch. I didn't realize she was that much eye candy. The movie Baywatch killed any chance of a reboot. I saw the movie, it was pretty good.

yeah, I am not sure who they think they are fooling thinking Bumpy could land a female like that. I think she is actually from Harlem.

I loved the last scene, but the only bad part was removing Michael Rispoli from the show.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 6:54 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

yeah, I am not sure who they think they are fooling thinking Bumpy could land a female like that. I think she is actually from Harlem.

I loved the last scene, but the only bad part was removing Michael Rispoli from the show.

Why? Bumpy's real life wife was a good looking woman. Mayme Johnson She kinda looks like Ilfenesha Hadera.

IDK about Harlem. I know she's from New York.

loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 10:37 am    Post subject:

I finished See. I can’t wait for s2 but it seems like it’s gonna be at least 1 more year before we even get a trailer for it.

I stand by my original statement that it’s a much better version of TWD, with splashes of the political jockeying we’ve seen in GOT. Momoa does an incredible job of switching between the skilled warrior and the loving father so seamlessly— such a great character. I hope Tamacti Jun returns and gets his revenge on the queen, she’s the worst thing since Ramsay Bolton and I feel like she will only get worse.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 11:43 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
I finished See. I can’t wait for s2 but it seems like it’s gonna be at least 1 more year before we even get a trailer for it.

I stand by my original statement that it’s a much better version of TWD, with splashes of the political jockeying we’ve seen in GOT. Momoa does an incredible job of switching between the skilled warrior and the loving father so seamlessly— such a great character. I hope Tamacti Jun returns and gets his revenge on the queen, she’s the worst thing since Ramsay Bolton and I feel like she will only get worse.

I liked it too. The action scene in episode 3 when Momoa saves his son Kofun. That was awesome.

Kofun is cartoonishly unaware of his surroundings. Pretty sure an elephant could sneak up on him. I mean a bunch of blind people snuck up on him. That made me laugh so hard.

Wish there were more episodes in season 1. They did a good job with cliffhangers all season. Can't wait for season 2.

Hope we get more Bow Lion in season 2. Bow Lion and Paris are the only likable female characters on the show. The mother, daughter, and queen are all characters that can be frustrating to watch.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 1:16 pm    Post subject:

There’s so many questions with the mother. She could have talked to Tamacti Jun numerous times to save the lives of those in the village. She could have trusted Baba with her secret even if they didn’t tell the children or Paris. It’s certainly a red flag to me that she was never 100% invested in her family and that life— they were only part of her story in her mind. The daughter has that same narcissistic trait as well as a bit of Jerlamorel’s delusions of grandeur (“we should be gods”).

I think the second season is going to focus on the mother and daughter each deciding if their self interest [and belief of their importance] outweighs their family. I think each will choose differently.

And yes, I’m really impressed by the choreography of Momoa’s fight scenes. That along with the wide shots of the landscape are things I can’t get enough of.
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 8:39 am    Post subject:

I've been watching the British cop show Line of Duty on Hulu and its really good. Its about a police anti-corruption unit (basically the UK equivalent of internal affairs in the USA).
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 6:18 am    Post subject:

I recently binged Season 3 of Mayans MC....and it was pretty good. Definitely the best season in my opinion. It felt more like SOA than previous seasons. A great character was introduced....Juan Denver. He speaks and responds only in lyrics and titles to John Denver songs! Sadly, he was not around long.

Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Just started “Inocente” on Netflix. First episode was awesome. This could be a good one.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 12:59 am    Post subject:

Evan McGregor did a great job in Netflix's Halston.

I'd recommend it. I'm not really into fashion or watching guy on guy sex scenes. But a good show is a good show.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 4:56 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Just started “Inocente” on Netflix. First episode was awesome. This could be a good one.

Just finished it. Binged it over 2 days. Very good watch. Awesome thriller..had my attention for the entire 8 episodes. Definitely one of my top watches of 2021 so far.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Throwing out a heads up. The Chi's new season drops on May 23rd.

loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Almost done with S1 of The Alienist, it’s been really good so far. Starting The Expanse also, after a few episodes it’s okay but hasn’t really captured my interest much. Might finish S1 before deciding if I stick with it.

Mare is Easttown tonight, I’ve loved it so far.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 56 of 110
Jump to: