🏈NFL 2023 DISCUSSION THREAD🏈
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 333, 334, 335  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Tryon? Well TB likes Washington guys. Lot's of mocks had him as TB's selection. Don't love it, don't hate it. He's just another of the many size, athleticism EDGE guys with some traits, but no sustained production.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:23 pm    Post subject:

I was having a legendary mock in the first 16 picks. Eleven correct matches in the first 16. Then only one (Harris to the Steelers) after that. The last 6 picks I didn't have as 1st Rounders, and at various points I had some of them in my mocks. Twelve direct matches is pretty good, but a disappointing result considering the start I had. (Anything over 10 is considered to be strong.)

Ended up with 25 correct 1st rounders; last year I think I had 26 or 27.

Lots of really good players available at the top of Round 2.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:17 am    Post subject:

over under 2 on how many years before gruden cuts this years pick? .
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Denver trades up to take Javonte Williams possibly away from Miami at 35. (Miami was at 36.) Melvin Gordon is a free agent after this season. Williams is awesome. If Denver gets Rodgers, they will be really tough to beat.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:00 pm    Post subject:

There have been trades like crazy! Chicago is...killing it? Jenkins is an awesome pick that they moved up for. Pats move up for Barmore, the top DT on most boards.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Chargers get Asante Samuel Jr. They have made two home run picks so far.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Owusu-Koramoah slips all the way to #52, where Cleveland trades up to get him. Along with Newsome, they are killing the draft. They've added John Johnson, Troy Hill, Clowney, and now these 2 defenders in the draft. They could be a handful to deal with in the AFC.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:09 pm    Post subject:

The Browns have attitude now. I hope they win a few division banners and make a few playoff runs. I'm tired of the boring Steelers who never capitalize on their opportunities winning the AFC north, although Pittsburgh is low key having a very good draft. Baltimore is also still a force. So we'll see.

Last edited by panamaniac on Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:11 pm    Post subject:

What do you do if you are Green Bay?

I am not sure what Rodgers is so upset about, they have paid him big money over the years and been a successful team. The pick of the QB last year was dumb, but is that really enough to light a torch to the franchise?

If I am Denver, I am in close contact with Green Bay as that is where I am sure Rodgers would like to land as the other teams mentioned such as the Raiders would be surprising to me as I don't think he is looking to go to a bad organization which the Raiders have become under Junior.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:12 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
The Browns have attitude now. I hope they win a few division banners and make a few playoff runs. I'm tired of the boring Steelers who never capitalize on their opportunities winning the AFC north, although Pittsburgh is low key having a very good draft. Baltimore is also still a force. So we'll see.

I don't think Pittsburgh is doing well at all. The O-line is in dire straits. They took a TE in the 2nd Round. Who is blocking for Ben (who is a statue at this point) and Najee?
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:16 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Raiders reach for Leatherwood, although I did have him going in the 1st at #31. Miami takes Phillips, who I had on my previous mock before I switched him to #21. Darn it!

I am OK with the pick if they liked the guy a lot, but why not trade down and get him anyway plus extra gifts?

Raiders continue to be perplexing every year at draft time, so far Gruden has been mediocre at best in his return to the league.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:18 pm    Post subject:

They still need a center. But they did address two positions of need, and I like who they selected. Harris will make their offense less one-dimensional.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:31 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
They still need a center. But they did address two positions of need, and I like who they selected. Harris will make their offense less one-dimensional.

Shocked they didn't take one of the centers, yes. I had Meinerz and Humphrey rated really high. Of course, the Packers take a center and it's the wrong one LOL. I don't know what the hell happened to Brian Gutekunst but he's turned out to be a truly incompetent GM. No wonder Rodgers wants out.

To further address LL as to why Rodgers wants out, they drafted his successor in the 1st Round last year after giving him a contract extension. Then they took a RB in the 2nd Round and proceeded to extend Aaron Jones after last season. Then they took an H-back in the 3rd Round. After this season, they apparently told him they would trade him. Then they reneged on that so that's why he's so upset and putting public pressure on them.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 5:24 pm    Post subject:

I'm moderately pissed that Tampa Bay took Kyle Trask at #64, I've been jocking for Meinerz or Spencer Brown at #64, with a slight bias towards Meinerz. It was an idiotic move, Super Bowl contention windows rarely last long, so you draft with with short-time horizons. If Brady goes down or suddenly get old, Trask isn't leading the way to the next Super Bowl.

Just idiotic, like almost but not quite Jordan Love idiotic.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 7:48 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
What do you do if you are Green Bay?

I am not sure what Rodgers is so upset about, they have paid him big money over the years and been a successful team. The pick of the QB last year was dumb, but is that really enough to light a torch to the franchise?

If I am Denver, I am in close contact with Green Bay as that is where I am sure Rodgers would like to land as the other teams mentioned such as the Raiders would be surprising to me as I don't think he is looking to go to a bad organization which the Raiders have become under Junior.

Aaron Rodgers has been sniping for years, and while some of it is justifiable, he just cannot keep his passive aggressive behavior in check. It predates the drafting of Jordan Love, which was idiotic. While the coaching under Mike McCarthy was lamentable, GB has done a pretty good job over the years at surrounding him with talent on offense. Aaron Rodgers just can't get the job done. That includes last season. His career in a nutshell was the NFC Championship game. First and goal at the 8 with slightly over 2 minutes left, and it was just a series a poor decisions by Rodgers that led to LeFleur electing to go for a FG. LeFleur was wrong, but Rodgers choked.

He's a great QB, but he's not the guy I'd want in a big game. Rodgers is epic at making Sports Center splash plays. But consistently moving the sticks and scoring during crunch time in the biggest games isn't his strength.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Carolina, Cleveland, Denver and Philadelphia all did very well in this draft.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 11:21 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
Carolina, Cleveland, Denver and Philadelphia all did very well in this draft.

For sure agree about Cleveland and Denver, Denver especially if they are getting Aaron Rodgers. Otherwise, I think they should have picked Fields at #9. But yes, very good values.

Peter King's column last week mentioned the possibility that Atlanta could trade Julio Jones, and his just-released column mentions it yet again and as I read between the lines of what owner Arthur Blank said to King, I think there's a decent chance that it happens. King thinks a 2nd Round pick would get it done. I mean, if you're a contender in need of a WR, isn't that worth the price? I could see the Ravens, Titans, Chiefs, Patriots, and Raiders being interested. The first 3 teams I listed I would see as the best potential matches. Baltimore has no sure thing at outside wideout, really. Marquise Brown is basically a slightly bigger version of Tutu Atwell, Sammy Watkins is unreliable, Bateman isn't guaranteed to hit as a rookie, and they have some other mid-round WR's they've drafted who haven't shown much. They were in on the bigger-name WR free agents before settling with Watkins. The Titans are in a win-now window with Derrick Henry and Tannehill and AJ Brown on his rookie deal, and Brown and Julio out wide would be awesome. The Chiefs don't have a major WR of note behind Tyreek Hill and the thought of Julio with him and Kelce is ridiculous. After losing the Super Bowl, could genuinely see this happening. The Raiders' unpredictability means you never know. Probably a longshot with the Patriots.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:48 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
]

Aaron Rodgers has been sniping for years, and while some of it is justifiable, he just cannot keep his passive aggressive behavior in check. It predates the drafting of Jordan Love, which was idiotic. While the coaching under Mike McCarthy was lamentable, GB has done a pretty good job over the years at surrounding him with talent on offense.

This is definitely true. He was complaining before Jordan Love was even drafted.

Great QB without a doubt, he is so natural at it. But I think his leadership (especially playing in the same era as Thomas Brady) could be questioned. He seems to be kind of a pricklish personality, ask his parents.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:02 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
]

Aaron Rodgers has been sniping for years, and while some of it is justifiable, he just cannot keep his passive aggressive behavior in check. It predates the drafting of Jordan Love, which was idiotic. While the coaching under Mike McCarthy was lamentable, GB has done a pretty good job over the years at surrounding him with talent on offense.

This is definitely true. He was complaining before Jordan Love was even drafted.

Great QB without a doubt, he is so natural at it. But I think his leadership (especially playing in the same era as Thomas Brady) could be questioned. He seems to be kind of a pricklish personality, ask his parents.

Chris Paul-ish imo.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Rodgers is the sole reason the Packers have even been relevant during the last decade. If they're smart they'll do whatever he says for him to stay in Green Bay.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 9:37 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
Rodgers is the sole reason the Packers have even been relevant during the last decade. If they're smart they'll do whatever he says for him to stay in Green Bay.

I would fire the GM in a second, in large part because his draft last year was one of the worst in recent history, if not the worst, and he followed that up this year with another bad haul. Not just bad picks, but nonsensical picks, too. If that's what it took to get him back in the building, it's a total no-brainer to me. And before anybody says "they've gone 26-6 over the last two regular seasons and made the last 2 NFC Championships", yeah, why do you think that is? Take Rodgers off that team and put in Jordan Love and watch them go from 13-3 to 5-12 really quickly.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 12:48 am    Post subject:

The Packers bet against Rodgers and he won going away. The guy wins an MVP after his FO drafts a QB and puts the team a couple of plays away from another Super Bowl (if Adams doesn't drop a touchdown and St. Brown doesn't drop a 2pt conversion, then it's a different story). Green Bay's window is NOW. Rodgers will still give you 3-4 more elite seasons, and I think Green Bay actually had a pretty decent draft. Amari Rodgers will make plays in Green Bay's offense, and the o-line certainly looks improved. You can hate on Rodgers, but he's held his end of the bargain and is still more than worth his salary and potential extension. Sure, he's warred with the Pack's FO, but that means nothing to me. The fans love him and so do his teammates, except for maybe Jordan Love. Just give the guy what he wants. The Pack is 6-15 in the Rodgers era in games he's missed, and that's the type of results they can expect if they feel "they've had enough".
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 7:58 am    Post subject:

I hated the Jordan Love pick last season, it just seemed stupid beyond belief for Green Bay to have picked a QB in the first round. But now I'm beginning to wonder whether we're selling GB management short on this one. GB management knew first-hard that Rodgers was playing hardball in terms of an extension, not to mention he's easily slighted and holds deep grudges. Maybe they were compelled to pick Jordan Love in order to hedge their risk. They must have known that Rodgers would either walk after next season, or was a very credible threat to walk.

Rodgers started a war and GB is pushing back. It's a no win game, one that Rodgers started.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 5:35 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
I hated the Jordan Love pick last season, it just seemed stupid beyond belief for Green Bay to have picked a QB in the first round. But now I'm beginning to wonder whether we're selling GB management short on this one. GB management knew first-hard that Rodgers was playing hardball in terms of an extension, not to mention he's easily slighted and holds deep grudges. Maybe they were compelled to pick Jordan Love in order to hedge their risk. They must have known that Rodgers would either walk after next season, or was a very credible threat to walk.

Rodgers started a war and GB is pushing back. It's a no win game, one that Rodgers started.

Here's the problem: you can't (or, at least, you shouldn't) draft a 1st Round QB and then not play him by year two. Otherwise, you're wasting the rookie contract. If they are playing the leverage game, OK, now what? This is year two. From what I understand, Love didn't exactly look good on the practice field, and never even made it to backup QB status last year. Now, that doesn't automatically mean he can't have a good career, but the early returns are very dispiriting.

Rodgers is eccentric, yes. He's also one of the greatest to ever play the game. And they chased him away. They bear more of the responsibility in the impending divorce, for sure. Year after year, they never went the extra mile to get him further help, which is bad enough. But last year really took it to another level. Not only do you draft a 1st Round QB, but the GM didn't even tell the head coach, apparently, so of course the lines of communication were a disaster. Then you draft a 2nd Round RB when there were 2 guys ahead of him last season, and then you re-sign Aaron Jones so that RB isn't even going to be a starter this season. Then you take an insignificant H-back as your 3rd Round pick. Then you tell him you will accommodate him and trade him this offseason, which at least jibes with the logic of getting a 1st Round QB on the field by year two. Then they go back on that, probably realizing that their 1st Round QB is nowhere near ready to play. And Rodgers just had it and now he's gone nuclear, releasing hit pieces on the day of the draft and even fabricating stuff like the "I told free agents I wasn't going to be here" story, even though Aaron Jones re-signed.

This has become very personal for him. Like with Kawhi once upon a time in San Antonio. If it's true that the team told him it would trade him this offseason and then went back on that, I don't blame him one bit.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Yeah it's funny how when they took Love last season they were hoping to push Rodgers out of the fold. Now they suddenly want to keep Rodgers around (without having to pay him what he wants, and deserves). Green Bay has tipped their hand and it's clear that their brass is currently motivated by emotion and not reason. They've spent the last couple of drafts tanking all their selection just to piss off their marquee star. Now, even if they trade Rodgers, they're still going to be saddled with a mediocre roster for Love to slide into. Which is unfair to Love as well. Green Bay's done just about everything backwards. Nevermind sticking with McCarthy and Capers when it was clear the team needed new direction. Bad, bad organization. Which is a shame because they were such a tightly-run ship during the Favre years. I don't blame Rodgers for wanting to bounce from a once great organization thats has clearly lost its way.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 333, 334, 335  Next
Page 63 of 335
Jump to: