The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1564, 1565, 1566 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 6:05 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
It's interesting how AD, who is supposedly soft and brittle, has had no aftereffects from an Achilles injury, while LeBron, who is supposedly indestructible, has now aggravated his ankle injury.

I know LeBron is 36, but his injury was less serious or concerning than AD's injury, right?

Imo the age is a factor. 34 year old Lebron also had issues coming back from that groin injury in 2018-19.

Part of me thinks though that they want to give him as much rest as possible. I’m sure beating Denver last night got them thinking to hold out Lebron as long as they can without sacrificing too much in seeding.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 6:09 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
slavavov wrote:
It's interesting how AD, who is supposedly soft and brittle, has had no aftereffects from an Achilles injury, while LeBron, who is supposedly indestructible, has now aggravated his ankle injury.

I know LeBron is 36, but his injury was less serious or concerning than AD's injury, right?

Imo the age is a factor. 34 year old Lebron also had issues coming back from that groin injury in 2018-19.

Part of me thinks though that they want to give him as much rest as possible. I’m sure beating Denver last night got them thinking to hold out Lebron as long as they can without sacrificing too much in seeding.

Hopefully that's all it is, i.e. he could play if he really needed to.

However, imo he does need to play as long as the ankle is feeling good enough. Restrict his minutes if needed, but we need to win as many of our remaining games as necessary for multiple reasons.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 6:11 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
slavavov wrote:

We don't exactly have the cushion right now to be sacrificing anything. Only 1 game out of play in tourney. With a two huge games against the Clips and Blazers coming up.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 6:35 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
slavavov wrote:

We don't exactly have the cushion right now to be sacrificing anything. Only 1 game out of play in tourney. With a two huge games against the Clips and Blazers coming up.

Yeah I don’t know which way to lean on this one, but just thinking all the org cares about is a healthy Lebron for the start of playoffs.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 6:35 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:

First AD's been out a lot longer so has had much more time to recover.
Second while AD looked quite good on the court this last game, he's constantly getting treatment on the injured right ankle/calf on the sidelines plus every now and then on the court he flexes it as if he's shaking off soreness or stretching it. In other words he may be very close to 100% but is still not quite 100%.
Third the injuries are rather different as well - it's tough to compare the severity/impact of each.
And fourth, you're quite right, age may be making a real difference in recovery.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 2:42 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
slavavov wrote:

Yeah I don’t know which way to lean on this one, but just thinking all the org cares about is a healthy Lebron for the start of playoffs.

As fans I think it’s time to start wrapping our mind around the fact that we are going to be playing in the play in I think it’s going to happen we are not going to consistently beat these top teams without LeBron on the floor that is just the way that the team is built it’s 2 player centric heavy

I expect to be playing in the tournament
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 3:25 am    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
slavavov wrote:

As fans I think it’s time to start wrapping our mind around the fact that we are going to be playing in the play in I think it’s going to happen we are not going to consistently beat these top teams without LeBron on the floor that is just the way that the team is built it’s 2 player centric heavy

No Dennis too, not to mention our remaining schedule is really tough. Safe to say we will need Mavs and Blazers help to avoid play-ins
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 5:25 am    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
slavavov wrote:

Already have accepted it. Now I’m watching the plummet and wondering just how bad it gets. Falling to either 9 or 10 is not inconceivable.

Hopefully they can hang on and find enough wins to not have to go through two teams and getting no rest in tough play-in battles. Even a couple days rest could make a big difference.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 8:45 am    Post subject:

We have a good chance to come out of the West if we're healthy.

Even with a healthy LeBron and AD we won't beat teams like Philadelphia, Brooklyn, Milwaukee, unless, KCP, Kuz, AC, Schroder, Mathews, Gasol, the bench step up. 2 on 5 ain't gonna git it done.

IMO good defense is optimal to winning the Larry O'Brien. Defense turns into offense in a heartbeat.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 9:05 am    Post subject:

I'd rather rest LeBron for the remainder of the regular season and risk the play in, than to rush him hobbled trying to get some wins so we potentially play the Clippers in the first round. A 90%-95% Bron is all we need. If he's not at that level, we aren't winning anyway. So might as well rest him up more.

Though I'm hearing conflicting reports on whether he reaggravated his ankle or not. According to Trudell, it's just soreness and precautionary, but according to Woj he reaggravated it. Hope Trudell is right.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 9:28 am    Post subject:

If LBJ's ankle is still sore... I find it impossible to believe he'll be well to play at his MVP level. I think he can play lower to the ground and impact the game like a Magic like playmaker... but the problem is that the team needs him to be Superman and if he's not well by now... I think he'll be limited for the rest of the playoffs.

If he plays he should be playing as a facilitator and just run the offense and try to do what he can on defense... if he tries to play at full level he might aggravate the injury to the point where he truly never is the same.

He wouldn't say the negative things he said if he were healthy... unless this is some genius Keyser Soze move where he shocks everyone in the playoffs by suddenly playing like nothing happened. It's probably sore... he knows the team can do nothing without him and he's frustrated. If he's really hurt he needs to either play at a safe level or simply write off the season and try next year.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 9:32 am    Post subject:

Not posting in the injury thread b/c I don’t know how credible this is...

Per FirstThingsFirst (yup. Video at link)

"I talked to LeBron’s camp yesterday & they said, 'If the playoffs started today, he would 100% be playing.' But they confirmed he wasn’t right & came back a few days early."

— @getnickwright on LeBron missing the next two Lakers games to rest his injured ankle:

🎥 https://twitter.com/ftfonfs1/status/1389988494353702912?s=21
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 9:48 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
If LBJ's ankle is still sore... I find it impossible to believe he'll be well to play at his MVP level. I think he can play lower to the ground and impact the game like a Magic like playmaker... but the problem is that the team needs him to be Superman and if he's not well by now... I think he'll be limited for the rest of the playoffs.

If he plays he should be playing as a facilitator and just run the offense and try to do what he can on defense... if he tries to play at full level he might aggravate the injury to the point where he truly never is the same.

He wouldn't say the negative things he said if he were healthy... unless this is some genius Keyser Soze move where he shocks everyone in the playoffs by suddenly playing like nothing happened. It's probably sore... he knows the team can do nothing without him and he's frustrated. If he's really hurt he needs to either play at a safe level or simply write off the season and try next year.

I just don't think Magic like playmaker role gets it done for this team. Lebron needs to be MVP level or we are screwed, and I don't see how a few days will make a difference. If it would have, the medical team needed to do a better job and hold him out longer.

AD to me is different, he is moving fine just playing tentative. Lebron is not actually moving well, this isn't a matter of rust - he is physically limited. That is a serious problem.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 10:00 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Even with a healthy LeBron and AD we won't beat teams like Philadelphia, Brooklyn, Milwaukee, unless, KCP, Kuz, AC, Schroder, Mathews, Gasol, the bench step up. 2 on 5 ain't gonna git it done.

IMO good defense is optimal to winning the Larry O'Brien. Defense turns into offense in a heartbeat.

You didn’t mention Drummond Jo. Not a Drummond believer?
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 10:07 am    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

I just don't think Magic like playmaker role gets it done for this team. Lebron needs to be MVP level or we are screwed, and I don't see how a few days will make a difference. If it would have, the medical team needed to do a better job and hold him out longer.

AD to me is different, he is moving fine just playing tentative. Lebron is not actually moving well, this isn't a matter of rust - he is physically limited. That is a serious problem.

I agree it probably wouldn't be enough... and that's why he was saying he'll never be 100% again. He knows he can win it all if he's healthy but instead he's learning what it's like to be mortal right now. I think his only hope is to completely rest and hope he regains some of his powers by next year.

He wasn't saying this when he tore his groin, so you know he feels a different level of injury. Of course they were out of the playoffs so there was much less pressure for him to return that year so maybe it is the same.

I was only mentioning the Magic type play because that's the only thing safe for him to do. He really should just rest if he's not right.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 10:22 am    Post subject:

At least lebron seem to be in good spirits, he has been rocking IG. Pretty sure if this is the playoffs, he would play, just not at 100%
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 10:33 am    Post subject:

If Denver can thrive after losing 1 of their 2 superstars, we should be able to at least place decently losing 1 of our 2 superstars.

#nomoretimeforexcuses.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 10:44 am    Post subject:

I obviously wish Kobe was still around for a myriad of reasons, but he would have had salient advice for lebron on adapting his game as his body ages (and tallies injuries).
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 10:48 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
I obviously wish Kobe was still around for a myriad of reasons, but he would have had salient advice for lebron on adapting his game as his body ages (and tallies injuries).

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 11:19 am    Post subject:

LeBron is a 1 of a kind freak of nature, he is just being extra cautious with the ankle injury, it also means that there is a good chance we stay at the 6th spot if he doesn’t come back which means we get to play Denver in the 1st round.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 11:35 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:

You didn’t mention Drummond Jo. Not a Drummond believer?

Of course, Drummond has to play well. IMO if Trez and Mark play well enough he won't be as much a factor.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 11:40 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LeBron is a 1 of a kind freak of nature, he is just being extra cautious with the ankle injury, it also means that there is a good chance we stay at the 6th spot if he doesn’t come back which means we get to play Denver in the 1st round.

Denver ain't no joke. They're flying under the radar. With Jamal Murray out for the season, Jokic is really their next best chance to be a problem. We should be able to get by them.

lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 11:58 am    Post subject:

Just beat Portland on Friday and it would be difficult for us to get 7th seed. Denver would be like a dream first round matchup as we just beat them even without Lebron.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 12:01 pm    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:

One thing about Kobe was when he said he was hurt, you knew he was hurt. As long as Kobe could walk, he was going to play. Can't say that about too many players.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 12:09 pm    Post subject:

I think, as fans, we need to brace ourselves for the very real possibility that what we are reading re LBJ's soreness and they want to keep him out for next two games, and his recent comments, that this could be something that does not entirely heal until the start of the next season.

Team is already behind the 8 ball for two games this week. Running with the general "this is a star-driven league, and you need more than one"...welp, there you have it. We have only one at the moment that can play.

Not like this team has had much in the way of breaks of "good luck" this year. Seems like always something this season is hitting the team.

Hell, even a local reporter has said the team is done:

https://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/story/2021-05-04/lakers-chances-repeat-nba-champions-over

https://news.yahoo.com/hern-ndez-lakers-chances-repeat-120018508.html

So, let's just assume, even if/when LBJ returns, this will be the one time LBJ will need someone else - AD - to carry. Especially with DS out as well as the other playmaker.

I think it can be done, contrary to Hernandez's article.

First, AD needs to play MVP level basketball on defense, and at least be proficient on offense. Hit big shots down the stretch in close games.

If THT grows up quick with his play - now we got something. He has shown more consistent flashes. It's not impossible.

AC be solid with 3 shooting, and no more hot dog no look passes - very possible.

And overall team defense just play at a high level - not unrealistic.

If the above is done, this team can make a strong playoff push, even with a hobbled LBJ. Not sure about winning the whole thing, but stranger things have happened.

In sum, even with LBJ's status, and that "we're done" news article, I give the fellas a shot, its not unrealistic (but will be extremely challenging).
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1564, 1565, 1566 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1565 of 2079
Jump to: