ANDRE DRUMMOND - Thanks for 21 games (signs with Philly)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 79, 80, 81  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Koalita
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Per 36:
21.8 points and 16.8 rebounds @CLE this year
17.6 and 14.5 so far with us.

TBH I expected a bit more production from him, seeing this is his lowest production stretch since 2018.

Edit: and his rim protection numbers are... wow.... allowing (in April) 73,6% points in the paint? I expected him to do better than Marc (64,5%) here, not worse...
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 7:42 am    Post subject:

GT saying Drummond’s not the main problem on def, it’s AD for the starters and Trez off the bench that need their def to step up.

https://twitter.com/lakerfilmroom/status/1389139699445342209?s=21

https://twitter.com/lakerfilmroom/status/1389144355722514433?s=21
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Drummond got destroyed by Jokic today. Jokic toyed with him. Glad Frank finally woke up and pulled him after he subbed Marc out for him and the lineup squandered almost the whole lead. Sure looked like Marc made Jokic work harder even on possessions Jokic scored on him.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:22 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Drummond got destroyed by Jokic today. Jokic toyed with him. Glad Frank finally woke up and pulled him after he subbed Marc out for him and the lineup squandered almost the whole lead. Sure looked like Marc made Jokic work harder even on possessions Jokic scored on him.

Marc's caused Jokic discomfort whenever they matched up for the most part this season.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:32 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:

Weird game for Dre, all around.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:07 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Trez was benched too. Come the playoffs it needs to be Marc takes round 1 and AD takes round 2 in spurts with him.
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:19 pm    Post subject:

I am over this guy...been on losing teams too long bringing those bad habits and crappy BBIQ. Good thing he was in foul trouble or Vogel would have rode him to another loss...... Definitely should be behind Gasol just based on pedigree and the fact the Lakers guards are a mess.
Richcbt
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:20 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

I was at the game, and I kept telling my wife: "Vogel needs to get Drummond out, and Gasol in. Sure enough, when he did, we did much better (+17 vs. -11). So I was very relieved when he subbed Drummond back out at the end. It's amazing that a guy like him can play 22 minutes and get ZERO rebounds.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:26 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Marc's caused Jokic discomfort whenever they matched up for the most part this season.

He also had the reputation as a solid Embiid defender. Which is why I was always fine with Marc as our starting Center. Even when fans got on him for being slow.

The only times we would likely need someone other than AD to start at Center in the playoffs would be vs Jokic or Embiid. Otherwise AD is our best Center. We never needed to promise a non shooting center starting minutes.

Now we are in some weird situation where we promised something to someone to get them to sign here. And we either have to break our word or not play our best lineups. Playoffs are playoffs. You play your best lineups. Vogel's job is on the line. So he better be ready to do what he has to do.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 7:55 am    Post subject:

I don't want to come across as overreacting, but Drummond strikes me as an empty calorie guy. Can sometimes fill up the stat sheet, but doesn't really make game altering plays. Offense gets stagnant when he touches the ball, has hands that remind me of Kwame, and his post moves are non existent like Dwight. He should just rely on lobs and put backs IMO.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 9:09 am    Post subject:

I've said it once and I'll say it again.

Drummond is literally Kwame Brown 2.0

He'll give you a 20/10 game every 15 games or so to tease you with possibility but otherwise, he's hot garbage.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 9:14 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
I don't want to come across as overreacting, but Drummond strikes me as an empty calorie guy. Can sometimes fill up the stat sheet, but doesn't really make game altering plays. Offense gets stagnant when he touches the ball, has hands that remind me of Kwame, and his post moves are non existent like Dwight. He should just rely on lobs and put backs IMO.

His stone hands and lack of verticality don't allow him to be a lob threat and he misses a ton of point-blank shots at the rim (putbacks).
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 9:15 am    Post subject:

Possessions where we iso him in the post are cringe. Drummond would be best served if he learned how to play basketball at some point instead on relying on his size and athleticism.

Marc is not a very good athlete in this point in his career - but he knows how to play basketball.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 9:24 am    Post subject:

Still pulling for Drummond to show how good he can be next to AD, 9 games
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 9:39 am    Post subject:

As long as we don't iso him we're good. It is hard to watch.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 10:14 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

He has some real P&R chemistry with Schroder. The Lakers offense this year has been ... rough. But one of the few actions we get good shots out of is Schro and Drummond pick and rolls.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 10:20 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
governator wrote:

He has some real P&R chemistry with Schroder. The Lakers offense this year has been ... rough. But one of the few actions we get good shots out of is Schro and Drummond pick and rolls.

be AD's Rodman for years to come but he don't have shut down defense
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 10:38 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Vogel got the most out of Hibbert in Indiana and our bigs last year. Hopefully he can help Drummond.

I do like their off ball defense together. They pretty much zone up both sides of the paint. With their combined size, length, athleticism. Zone makes sense.
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 11:05 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
governator wrote:

Vogel got the most out of Hibbert in Indiana and our bigs last year. Hopefully he can help Drummond.

I do like their off ball defense together. They pretty much zone up both sides of the paint. With their combined size, length, athleticism. Zone makes sense.

Vogel needs to take away all decision making from Drummond like he did with Howard last year. No post ups whatsoever, run the floor hard, play defense, and get rebounds. When drummond tries to improvise only very bad things will happen. He needs to play with way above average IQ players or all his bad habits will be exposed.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Will he get more than 7-8m a year? There were people literally saying we should trade out KCP/Kuz for nothing and let Dennis walk so we could try to max out Drummond.

I love him at the minimum. But a max deal? Above 20m? Heck above 9m?
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 10:35 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Will he get more than 7-8m a year? There were people literally saying we should trade out KCP/Kuz for nothing and let Dennis walk so we could try to max out Drummond.

I love him at the minimum. But a max deal? Above 20m? Heck above 9m?

Drummond will get the same contract that Harrell got. Drummond is just as flawed as him, and most of his stats are empty calories. He could get overpaid but his stats do not tell the real story of his impact on winning.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 10:55 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:

He'll give you a 20/10 game every 15 games or so to tease you with possibility but otherwise, he's hot garbage.

If Kwame was as good as Drummond we wouldn't have lost to Phoenix and likely wouldn't have had to get rid of Marc Gasol when trading for Pau :3

The problem has not been Drummond. The problem has been Markieff, and him being in a lineup with Harrell.

Harrell worked with Kuzma, he would work well with Gasol. He does NOT work with Kieff.

If Vogel played Harrell with Gasol and the bench we'd have won more games and people wouldn't be looking at Drummond like he's the issue.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 2:29 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:

If Kwame was as good as Drummond we wouldn't have lost to Phoenix and likely wouldn't have had to get rid of Marc Gasol when trading for Pau :3

The problem has not been Drummond. The problem has been Markieff, and him being in a lineup with Harrell.

Harrell worked with Kuzma, he would work well with Gasol. He does NOT work with Kieff.

If Vogel played Harrell with Gasol and the bench we'd have won more games and people wouldn't be looking at Drummond like he's the issue.

It's like when Gasol is the starting Center, they all blame the losses on him even though he is actually doing good. It's the 2nd unit that was underperforming but they blame it on Gasol. It's happening on Dre now.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 5:34 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:

Wait wait wait.. wtf. Vogel playing Kief and Trez together instead of Trez/Kuz or Gasol/Trez is what has made Drummond look bad? Despite him never playing with those guys?

Worst take I've read in a long time. Drummond has been very meh. He often gets lost in defensive rotations, is lazy (or unaware) in getting down court in cross matchups, and the game totally stagnates when he gets the ball in the low to mid post as he just goes into elementary level iso scoring mode.

Btw, all that is only going to get worse come playoff time when the game slows down even more and it becomes a thinking mans game. Something needs to click for him and he just needs to be a defensive dog out there but I don't think he's wired that way.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 7:13 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:

If you look at just their raw career stats they are actually very, very similar. Just look at their career FG%, both less than 60% albeit Drummond did actually hit 60% a couple seasons with the Pistons, but still, absolutely horrific #'s for a C.

If going just off the eye test, neither can catch a lob, neither are good defenders, both have hands of stone, neither can set a solid pick or finish around the rim. The only real stat that Drummond beats Kwame hands down is Blocks per game.

I don't think it matters what lineup Dre plays in, he's going to be the exact same player he has been his entire career, the same player we've been watching- Kwame 2.0. You keep bringing up Keif and Trez and although I do agree that pairing is not good, it has absolutely nothing to do with how bad Dre is as a player in general over his career. Trying to ignore how bad Dre is by deflecting the blame unto Keif and Trez is disingenuous at best. It's not their fault he can't hit a layup 1 foot away from the rim, it's not their fault he can't screen, it's not their fault he's constantly out of position trying to intercept passes at the top of the key so he can iso......
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 64 of 81
Jump to: