NBA Season COVID-19 Thread (**No politics or racial/ethnic remarks or personal insults**)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 120, 121, 122

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 18088

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:17 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
The team announced it plans to have fans in attendance for Lakers/Celtics on 4/15.


Oh man! I wish I could go!!! Boston Sucks!!! GO LAKERS!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Posts: 2344

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:33 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Markazi:

Quote:
The Lakers and Clippers could be welcoming a limited number of fans back to Staples Center before the start of the playoffs next month.



are they going to require proof of vaccination?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2010
Posts: 1560

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:41 am    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
ocho wrote:
Markazi:

Quote:
The Lakers and Clippers could be welcoming a limited number of fans back to Staples Center before the start of the playoffs next month.



are they going to require proof of vaccination?


Don't have proof of this cal1, but I hear it is highly unlikely since they haven't done the same with other stadiums. Additionally, the idea of requiring vaccination for certain "leisure activities" is a challenge. Isreali tried it, but it has a lot of challenges.

As long as cases remain "relatively" low (as in LA county remains in Orange Tier meaning "moderate" covid spread) and social distancing/masking is required, indoor attendance in limited capacity is allowed.

I think the attitude towards COVID spread has really changed. My son had a runny nose 2 weeks ago and I told the teacher and she said he can come to school (in Orange County, schools been open) provided he doesn't have a fever. And I actually just took my kids yesterday to Chuck E Cheese which is now allowing access to the indoor arcades. kids touching different games than other kids after them playing and touching the same game. Some places a hand santizer with a paper towel is available should you want to wipe down the game before hand and llimited capacity as far as how many kids there. Others differences is obviously masking and only same households allowed on certain games at a time along with every other table available for sitting and eating.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Posts: 2344

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:15 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
ocho wrote:
Markazi:

Quote:
The Lakers and Clippers could be welcoming a limited number of fans back to Staples Center before the start of the playoffs next month.



are they going to require proof of vaccination?


Don't have proof of this cal1, but I hear it is highly unlikely since they haven't done the same with other stadiums. Additionally, the idea of requiring vaccination for certain "leisure activities" is a challenge. Isreali tried it, but it has a lot of challenges.

As long as cases remain "relatively" low (as in LA county remains in Orange Tier meaning "moderate" covid spread) and social distancing/masking is required, indoor attendance in limited capacity is allowed.

I think the attitude towards COVID spread has really changed. My son had a runny nose 2 weeks ago and I told the teacher and she said he can come to school (in Orange County, schools been open) provided he doesn't have a fever. And I actually just took my kids yesterday to Chuck E Cheese which is now allowing access to the indoor arcades. kids touching different games than other kids after them playing and touching the same game. Some places a hand santizer with a paper towel is available should you want to wipe down the game before hand and llimited capacity as far as how many kids there. Others differences is obviously masking and only same households allowed on certain games at a time along with every other table available for sitting and eating.


wow lar
did not realize that
i just mostly keep to myself while wearing our papr device in markets...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2010
Posts: 1560

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Article below discusses the effects of Covid on some NBA players in terms of having long term symptoms. Jason Taynum of the Celtics said how he have to use an inhaler before each game after having Covid in Jan. And a player from the WNBA apparently had it so bad she couldn’t return to action and May have to retire.

I was wondering the effect Covid has on super athletes and apparently even they can’t escape the effects of Covid despite how healthy they are. Very humbling.

https://sports.yahoo.com/jayson-tatum-the-latest-reminder-of-covi-ds-impact-on-young-athletes-231713964.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2010
Posts: 1560

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Hi all

With LA county on the verge of reaching yellow tier (the least restrictive tier) I was curious how that changes the Staple's center capacity. I found the below link

https://www.kcra.com/article/covid-19-orange-tier-march-2021-restrictions-indoors/35914432

For venues 1,501 and above: 10% capacity or 2,000 whatever is fewer with modifications and no eating or drinking. That rises to 50% if all guests are tested or show proof of full vaccination.

Given this, I am wondering if Staples center is planning to increase the number of seats available. Currently I believe they have an attendance of about 2K..if they go to 50% capacity, I believe that is 11K (as I believe Staples center holds around 22K people). Sounds like a lot of people and it might be hard to check people of negative tests or vaccination..so perhaps they will slowly get to that number?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Jan 2002
Posts: 7246
Location: Lake Forest

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:39 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
Article below discusses the effects of Covid on some NBA players in terms of having long term symptoms. Jason Taynum of the Celtics said how he have to use an inhaler before each game after having Covid in Jan. And a player from the WNBA apparently had it so bad she couldn’t return to action and May have to retire.

I was wondering the effect Covid has on super athletes and apparently even they can’t escape the effects of Covid despite how healthy they are. Very humbling.

https://sports.yahoo.com/jayson-tatum-the-latest-reminder-of-covi-ds-impact-on-young-athletes-231713964.html


Just like many people can continue without an acl but active people can't, paid athletes have very little margin for deterioration of their physical capabilities. Would the average Joe notice a 15% reduction in lung capacity? Would an NBA player?

They're in better shape to handle COVID, but any issue is magnified.
_________________
PBO Magic - the gift that keeps on giving.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Posts: 2344

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 6:44 am    Post subject:

lar, hey, got a question about j&j vaccine. in the rare cases of clotting, what is the size of the blood vessels showing the clotting? i have been googling but have not figured it out. thanks!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jan 2016
Posts: 4519

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 9:47 pm    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
lar, hey, got a question about j&j vaccine. in the rare cases of clotting, what is the size of the blood vessels showing the clotting? i have been googling but have not figured it out. thanks!


No clue about the J&J clotting but I was fully vaccinated with Moderna and my tinnitus is 5x as bad since the first shot. Hope it goes away soon but it's not that bad considering what covid-19 might have done.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Posts: 2344

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 8:26 pm    Post subject:

some disturbing scientific data came out.

while not totally surprising, scientist report that the spike protein (part or entirely in all vaccines) of covid-19 was enough by itself to damage blood vessels. this has different implications for different vaccines that contain/generate different amount of spike protein (part or whole).

https://www.salk.edu/news-release/the-novel-coronavirus-spike-protein-plays-additional-key-role-in-illness/

"In the new study, the researchers created a “pseudovirus” that was surrounded by SARS-CoV-2 classic crown of spike proteins, but did not contain any actual virus. Exposure to this pseudovirus resulted in damage to the lungs and arteries of an animal model—proving that the spike protein alone was enough to cause disease. Tissue samples showed inflammation in endothelial cells lining the pulmonary artery walls.

The team then replicated this process in the lab, exposing healthy endothelial cells (which line arteries) to the spike protein. They showed that the spike protein damaged the cells by binding ACE2. This binding disrupted ACE2’s molecular signaling to mitochondria (organelles that generate energy for cells), causing the mitochondria to become damaged and fragmented.

Previous studies have shown a similar effect when cells were exposed to the SARS-CoV-2 virus, but this is the first study to show that the damage occurs when cells are exposed to the spike protein on its own."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Posts: 2344

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 6:36 am    Post subject:

more concerning info:

spike protein, blood brain barrier, brain fog, microclots (vs. clotting in large sinuses in the brain...)

https://www.contagionlive.com/view/sars-cov-2-spike-proteins-disrupt-blood-brain-barrier

i will definitely wait for the protein based vaccines (much smaller amount of spike protein requiring adjuvants to increase immune response) instead of the mrna (pfizer, moderna) and genetically modified virus (j&j) that generate a lot of immune response by generating a lot of spike protein.

furthermore, adenovirus may cross blood brain barrier and thus can generate more spike protein in brain blood vessels...

the injections are supposed to be in muscle to reduce amount of spike protein to enter blood stream but not completely
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2010
Posts: 1560

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
lar, hey, got a question about j&j vaccine. in the rare cases of clotting, what is the size of the blood vessels showing the clotting? i have been googling but have not figured it out. thanks!


No clue about the J&J clotting but I was fully vaccinated with Moderna and my tinnitus is 5x as bad since the first shot. Hope it goes away soon but it's not that bad considering what covid-19 might have done.


Actually cal1 the clotting appears to be in venous sinuses(not blood vessels) according the CMO of the company I work for..It is called cerebral venous sinus thrombosis and occurs when blood clots form in the brain's venous sinuses so it actually isn't occurring in the blood vessels. Below is a link on this condition. This condition as far as the J&J vaccine appears to be in women that had thrombocytopenia (low platelet counts).

So sad to hear about your post regarding the spike protein. I have had a few patients who said like Lucky shot, lingering side effects after the moderna vaccine. That spike protein must be the reason..it is certainly a SOB. Even without a live virus, it seems like it still can cause some issues.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/cerebral-venous-sinus-thrombosis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Posts: 2344

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 11:05 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
lar, hey, got a question about j&j vaccine. in the rare cases of clotting, what is the size of the blood vessels showing the clotting? i have been googling but have not figured it out. thanks!


No clue about the J&J clotting but I was fully vaccinated with Moderna and my tinnitus is 5x as bad since the first shot. Hope it goes away soon but it's not that bad considering what covid-19 might have done.


Actually cal1 the clotting appears to be in venous sinuses(not blood vessels) according the CMO of the company I work for..It is called cerebral venous sinus thrombosis and occurs when blood clots form in the brain's venous sinuses so it actually isn't occurring in the blood vessels. Below is a link on this condition. This condition as far as the J&J vaccine appears to be in women that had thrombocytopenia (low platelet counts).

So sad to hear about your post regarding the spike protein. I have had a few patients who said like Lucky shot, lingering side effects after the moderna vaccine. That spike protein must be the reason..it is certainly a SOB. Even without a live virus, it seems like it still can cause some issues.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/cerebral-venous-sinus-thrombosis


thanks lar
my public health friend did not explain what the brain sinuses were lol

i believe the mrna vaccines do not code for the entire spike, but part of the spike. so it is hard to say whether that part of the spike protein is having a bad effect. it is really frustrating to be lacking info on these issues.

my question is if large sinuses are having rare clotting cases, then what is likelihood that there is microclotting going on in micro blood vessels - any ideas?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 120, 121, 122
Page 122 of 122
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB