Frank Vogel Official Lakers Head Coach for 3-Years
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 126, 127, 128 ... 222, 223, 224  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you happy about Vogel becoming our coach?
No
12%
 12%  [ 62 ]
Yes
54%
 54%  [ 271 ]
Neutral
32%
 32%  [ 163 ]
Total Votes : 496

ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:19 am    Post subject:

Tonight’s starting line up has to be:

AC
KCP
Kuz
AD
Gasol

We need Gasol’s playmaking with LBJ + DS out. Run AD2 on the 2nd unit until Lebron is back.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:26 am    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:

AC
KCP
Kuz
AD
Gasol

We need Gasol’s playmaking with LBJ + DS out. Run AD2 on the 2nd unit until Lebron is back.

i'd put the chances of us winning this game at 5%.. unless someone go off. THT is basically our only guard that can make plays, so playing Gasol makes a lot of sense.
it is either start THT or start Gasol .
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:28 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
ahaider wrote:

AC
KCP
Kuz
AD
Gasol

i'd put the chances of us winning this game at 5%.. unless someone go off. THT is basically our only guard that can make plays, so playing Gasol makes a lot of sense.

Call me crazy, but I actually think we win tonight. Just a hunch...
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:49 am    Post subject:

Just freaking play Gasol at backup 5 and Harrell at backup 4. It's not rocket science. Bench Kief. Seriously, Vogel it's NOT that hard.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 2:23 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
ahaider wrote:

AC
KCP
Kuz
AD
Gasol

Denver lost a superstar, we lost a superstar. Denver has their all NBA bigman, we have our all NBA bigman. We're more hungry and desperate than Denver, so technically, we should win this game.

This game is where Anthony Davis earns his bigass paycheck. He's a superstar. He's an NBA Champion. He claims he is 100% healthy, and he's had 6 games to get his timing back. If Anthony Davis is truly a high caliber player that we can build our future franchise around, he will step up and will our team to win tonight. Will he? Is he?

#nomoreexcusesAD
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Vogel will play Gasol today but then Lakers will still lose against a healthier superior Denver team, that will then justify Vogel benching Gasol again in favor of Trez/Kieff for the next game which will then get blown out by scrub teams like Toronto and Sacramento.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Vogel will play Gasol today but then Lakers will still lose against a healthier superior Denver team, that will then justify Vogel benching Gasol again in favor of Trez/Kieff for the next game which will then get blown out by scrub teams like Toronto and Sacramento.

Sadly, your outrageous take is highly plausible.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 2:56 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
MJST wrote:
The main problem is Vogel's inability to coach/formulate an offense. He should have surrounded himself with assistants that could.

Remember how bad our offense looked without Rondo in the bubble. We were like worst out of all teams there. We looked hopeless when Bron sat.
Vogel's a defensive mind that pretty much gives control of the offense away to whomever is running point.

If I had to rate (1-10) him and Thibs on Offense and Defense I'd rate them like:

Thibs O: 1
Thibs D: 9

Vogel O: 3
Vogel D: 8

Just looked it up on bball reference.
We're 24th in Offensive rating this year.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma out coached Vogel.

Vogel wouldn’t have even played Gasol, it took Dre being in foul trouble.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Kuzma out coached Vogel.

What it's looking like.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Vogel finally figured out that Trez/Kief is asking for trouble. We got away with it in the first half and only lost some ground instead of getting blitzed like we usually do with that lineup in. Glad to see him finally pull his head out of his ass
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:25 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Vogel finally figured out that Trez/Kief is asking for trouble. We got away with it in the first half and only lost some ground instead of getting blitzed like we usually do with that lineup in. Glad to see him finally pull his head out of his ass

Actually it was Drummond’s 4th foul
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Vogel postgame was asked how Gasol did, Vogel says not just Gasol but both he and Drummond did a good job on Jokic. Really? Vogel couldn’t just praise Gasol? All Drummond did was foul. Vogel also says he’s happy with guys like Wes and Gasol but keeps saying Lakers are a deep team so some people might be callled on, some wont. Don’t like how that sounded.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Vogel postgame was asked how Gasol did, Vogel says not just Gasol but both he and Drummond did a good job on Jokic. Really? Vogel couldn’t just praise Gasol? All Drummond did was foul. Vogel also says he’s happy with guys like Wes and Gasol but keeps saying Lakers are a deep team so some people might be callled on, some wont. Don’t like how that sounded.

I swear, if he forces Gasol out of the rotation and puts him in the doghouse again, I will personally pay whatever he is guaranteed on his contract to see him fired.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:45 pm    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

I swear, if he forces Gasol out of the rotation and puts him in the doghouse again, I will personally pay whatever he is guaranteed on his contract to see him fired.

Dang, you got money like that?
parsons777
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:15 pm    Post subject:

I think Marc kicked Vogel's dog. No other explanation for what is happening.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 1:49 am    Post subject:

parsons777 wrote:
I think Marc kicked Vogel's dog. No other explanation for what is happening.

Klutch brought Trez to the Lakers.
Dre chose Lakers over everyone else that was interested, because he was promised a starting spot and a role in the offense.

And if anything. This just proves we needed Gasol all along. Like Frank Vogel thought. When we made that AD2 signing. Some were like cut Gasol. Frank said, Gasol is still an important piece to win a ring.

What we are seeing is Gasol find a role now as a 2nd unit leader. The real issue is that Trez can not play the 4. So if we start to play Gasol 20 min a game, off the bench. Trez is gonna get some DNPs or 5 min games. Klutch is a huge influence on the team ...... I trust Vogel will make that decision in the playoffs.

We still barely play AD at the 5, and that is a weapon we will unleash in the playoffs.

Some do not get the behind the scenes stuff that goes on to get players in your team jersey. Andre signed here on the basis he would be a starter (at least in the RS). Trez signed here via Klutch, because he was assured he would be used well and get marketability for a year from his signing, in FA. You have to factor that.

Again, come playoffs. All of that goes out of the window.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 4:28 am    Post subject:

Sad thing is that Vogel wouldn't play Gasol if Drummond wasn't in foul trouble
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 6:19 am    Post subject:

Safe to say we are the worst match up for nuggets. They would rather play anyone else.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Sometimes these Coaches continue to make dumb decisions because they feel their job is secure.

makes me wonder if Jason Kidd is the one saying "Nah don't play Harrell and Gasol together.. that'd be too difficult" so that when Vogel gets fired, Kidd will take over and do that in the first game he coaches.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 12:19 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Sometimes these Coaches continue to make dumb decisions because they feel their job is secure.

makes me wonder if Jason Kidd is the one saying "Nah don't play Harrell and Gasol together.. that'd be too difficult" so that when Vogel gets fired, Kidd will take over and do that in the first game he coaches.

Nah, Vogel at the end of the day is going to make that call. I just think he could be experimenting something. I remember how bad it was last year too at times. Then when the playoffs started it was completely different. Remember how often Javale and Dwight played last year in the RS? Then they both sat on the bench for most of those series. I am so tuned in to see if there's any method to his madness come playoff time. I just don't want to believe he's this inept.
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
MJST wrote:

Nah, Vogel at the end of the day is going to make that call. I just think he could be experimenting something. I remember how bad it was last year too at times. Then when the playoffs started it was completely different. Remember how often Javale and Dwight played last year in the RS? Then they both sat on the bench for most of those series. I am so tuned in to see if there's any method to his madness come playoff time. I just don't want to believe he's this inept.

I believe Vogel is following the company line due to some politics on how they came to agreements to sign both Trezz and Drummond. Both were given some sort of assurance of either minutes or role with the team in a handshake deal. Vogel has to keep giving them minutes even as a detriment to the team to keep them happy. I believe he is being over ridden on this.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 1:27 pm    Post subject:

vcdplaya3002 wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
MJST wrote:

I believe Vogel is following the company line due to some politics on how they came to agreements to sign both Trezz and Drummond. Both were given some sort of assurance of either minutes or role with the team in a handshake deal. Vogel has to keep giving them minutes even as a detriment to the team to keep them happy. I believe he is being over ridden on this.

Yeah this is probably the main one actually. Thanks for pointing that out. I think an agreement was made to Drummond that he will be our starting center, hence Marc being upset because he was promised the same thing. Also, the Trez situation is all politics given the Klutch factor.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Vogel may loose the room if he keeps it up with these ineffective lineups.

Players see it as much as the fans do. Evidenced by Kuz' recent comments.

Defensive schemes don't mean much when you don't have player buy in. I think we've started to see what the beginning of the end looks like for Vogs. The moment a defensive coach can't get his team to play good team defense.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Vogel lost game basically tried to make an excuse that Phoenix had more time to prepare for them, but the way it came across sounded like he said he got outcoached
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 126, 127, 128 ... 222, 223, 224  Next
Page 127 of 224
Jump to: