OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1882, 1883, 1884

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:08 am    Post subject:

How do the Pels get a healthy Zion and are 4-5? Thought Gentry was a problem, yet they changed coaches and still having issues even beating a Hornet team.

Ingram is playing very well, his O rating is an impressive 117, and his numbers remain all-star worthy.

Could be that Zion/Ingram do not compliment each other that well, yet? I have not seen enough to really say I could know, but historically an all-star wing and another high usage power forward have not faired great in the past. They are a team that screams out to me that needed someone like CP3. Wonder why they did not go after him, the Suns will be a western conference contender due to that move.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:44 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
How do the Pels get a healthy Zion and are 4-5? Thought Gentry was a problem, yet they changed coaches and still having issues even beating a Hornet team.

Ingram is playing very well, his O rating is an impressive 117, and his numbers remain all-star worthy.

Could be that Zion/Ingram do not compliment each other that well, yet? I have not seen enough to really say I could know, but historically an all-star wing and another high usage power forward have not faired great in the past. They are a team that screams out to me that needed someone like CP3. Wonder why they did not go after him, the Suns will be a western conference contender due to that move.
m

Has zero to do with BI/Zion. It has to do with the fact they can’t get anything consistently from Zo/Bledsoe offensively and their bench has been no existent. Aside from the Hornets/Suns the rest of the losses were situations where the starters (BI) went out of the game with a 7-8 point lead then came back in with the same deficit. So now the starters are playing the fourth quarter scratching out of a hole. BI having such a large work load makes it even more difficult because it seems his legs are a little low in the last minute or two.

That on top of having an entirely new system to learn both offensively and defensively without a real training camp. That team may or may not be a playoff team. Too early to really tell.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

m

Has zero to do with BI/Zion. It has to do with the fact they can’t get anything consistently from Zo/Bledsoe offensively and their bench has been no existent. Aside from the Hornets/Suns the rest of the losses were situations where the starters (BI) went out of the game with a 7-8 point lead then came back in with the same deficit. So now the starters are playing the fourth quarter scratching out of a hole. BI having such a large work load makes it even more difficult because it seems his legs are a little low in the last minute or two.

That on top of having an entirely new system to learn both offensively and defensively without a real training camp. That team may or may not be a playoff team. Too early to really tell.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

m

Bi doesn’t even have a small forward to back him up and zero wing help whatsoever. Not to talk of the crappy spacing surrounding BI/Zion. Who’s idea was it to build this archaic team in this modern era of pace n space
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:11 pm    Post subject:

I think it was pretty dumb with how they seemingly traded down the #4 Lakers pick for the fun of it. They could have had Deandre Hunter who is shaping up into being a really good 3 and D wing.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:10 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

m

Bi doesn’t even have a small forward to back him up and zero wing help whatsoever. Not to talk of the crappy spacing surrounding BI/Zion. Who’s idea was it to build this archaic team in this modern era of pace n space

Griffin really failed at putting a proper team together. I wonder if a lot of that was at SVG’s rewuest for “tough dogs” who couldn’t space the floor but would try on D. Then turn around and go with a defensive philosophy that hopes teams simply don’t shoot well for both halves. No wing help, no backup 4 and their backup 5 has been Hayes over Hernangomez and that guy is a Terrible rebounder, terrified to set screens, and has some of the worst hoop iq I’ve ever seen. This including a young JaVale McGee.

Curious to see if they don’t try and fix some of the glaring weaknesses or keep the roster intact and play the “it was a developmental year” card while making guys like BI who are ready to win, unhappy and causing feelings of the front office not actually caring about winning.
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Brandon Ingram 27/7/5 vs Nuggets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNOBN5S6xso

Brandon Ingram 24/6/3 vs OKC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkd4v4pD3Xg

Brandon Ingram last 18 Games

24.7 PPG
4.7 REB
5.3 AST
0.8 STL
Field Goal 45.6%
Three Pointer 38.7% (on 5.9 attempts)
Free Throw 87.3%

Pelicans record during that stretch 11-7
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 9:23 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

24.7 PPG
4.7 REB
5.3 AST
0.8 STL
Field Goal 45.6%
Free Throw 87.3%

Not to mention, I saw something the other day showing stars spacing around the league. 100% being the best spacing and 0 obviously the worst. Zion was sitting at mid 20%. Bi,...a whopping 4.7%. The fact that he’s able to replicate his production from last year almost to a T despite SIGNIFICANTLY worse spacing is honestly a testament to how good he’s really become. Give he and Zion some real spacing and defenders and man,... and that’s some special play.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 10:52 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
MJST wrote:

24.7 PPG
4.7 REB
5.3 AST
0.8 STL
Field Goal 45.6%
Free Throw 87.3%

Not to mention, I saw something the other day showing stars spacing around the league. 100% being the best spacing and 0 obviously the worst. Zion was sitting at mid 20%. Bi,...a whopping 4.7%. The fact that he’s able to replicate his production from last year almost to a T despite SIGNIFICANTLY worse spacing is honestly a testament to how good he’s really become. Give he and Zion some real spacing and defenders and man,... and that’s some special play.

Pretty much every game I saw, defenses were doubling/tripling Zion and BI with impunity. This is why some of the worst teams in the NBA were able to neutralize them. It was funny watching BI get doubled even when Zion on the floor. Just goes to show how easy it is to neutralize a a team with no shooters in the modern NBA, even when you have a historically great talent like Zion. Only later in the season did they start respecting Zo's shot, which is why BI's numbers went up a little.

That's why the Bucks are my favorites to win the east. Getting rid of Bledsoe was addition by subtraction. Bucks were playing 4 on 5 every single time he was on the court. Giannis has more spacing to work with now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1882, 1883, 1884
Page 1884 of 1884
Jump to: